- Seven and a half years of professional experience in all phases of Software testing life cycle including web - based applications and data warehousing applications. Proficient in various test methodology such as GUI, Functional, Regression, System Performance, Integration, Validations, Compatibility, Database and End-to-End testing.
- Extensive knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Business Requirement Analysis, Design, Development and Testing procedures and best practices
- Expertise in designing and developing Test strategies, Test plans, Test Cases, Test scripts and thorough analysis of system requirement specifications and design documents
- Experience in Manual and Automated Testing of both web-based and data warehouse applications.
- Sound working experience in designs, develops and execute performance test cases and test scripts
- Effectively involved in defect tracking, reporting, reviewing and analyzing the test results using Defect Tracking tool Quality Center
- Extensive experience with a detailed approach of test planning, testing process definition and documentation
- Sound database experience using TERADATA, Oracle10g/11g, SQL, PL/SQL,UNIX
- Strong Data analysis skills including data model, source to target mapping, database object testing, Indexing etc.
- Extensive experience in database testing and performance testing with focus on application speed, stability and scalability
- Expertise in writing and executing test scripts using SQL Scripts, UNIX Shell Script and Perl Script
- Proficient in various test methodology such as GUI, Functional, Regression, System Performance, Integration, Validations, Compatibility, Database and End-to-End testing.
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing and BI system testing and data validation in both relational and dimensional data model
- Strong understanding of Logical/Physical, Relational and Dimensional data model and data modeling processes and data warehousing system and processes
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycles, system requirement, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support.
- Experience in coordination with user, development team and architects.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills creative problem-solving abilities, ability to succeed, learn quickly and lead in complex challenging environment
- Highly organized and an enthusiastic team player dedicated to team success and customer satisfaction.
Operating Systems: Unix Aix/ Solaris 7/8/9, RH Linux 7.1/8/AS 3.0,Windows 7
RDBMS: TERADATA, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2008
Business Tools: MS Visio, MSOffice 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, XML, SQL, PL/SQL. UNIX, SHELL Scripting, PERL
Tools: ERWIN r7.0/7.2, TERADATA SQL Assistant 12.0, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, Citrix
Software Testing Tool: HP QC, QTP
Sr Quality Assurance Analyst
- Perform various testing of Web Application and ODS/Reporting System
- Interact with Business Analysts and Developers in requirement analysis, design reviews and system testing and deployment
- Prepare system test plan and test cases, execute test cases and analyze test results and defects and ensure defects resolution and closure
- Plan and design performance tests cases, executes test cases and scripts through analysis of design document and SQL scripts.
- Write comprehensive SQL queries to test data scenarios and ensure data is stored and pulled correctly and consistently
- Test application load time, response time, application endurance on heavy load of concurrent users and its performance
- Coordinate with business analyst and business user on system functionality and application performance acceptance in varying test scenario
- Perform Functional testing, Backend database testing in Oracle and Teradata environment.
- Perform GUI, Functional, Performance, Backend, Regression and End-to End testing.
- Recommend correct usage of Indexes, partitioned columns, correct joins and data filter criteria
- Ensure that all system tests, functional and non-functional are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved
- Perform defect logging and tracking in Quality Center till the defects are resolved and further validation is performed and closed.
- Coordination with architect and development team on issues found during testing and defects resolution.
- Lead defect meetings; communicate daily and weekly status to the PM on defects matrix, status, Issues, QA tasks and initiatives
Environment: TERADATA, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, JAVA, HP QC, CA ERWIN v7.2, MS office, MS Visio
Sr Quality Assurance Analyst
- Review requirements and create test plan/strategy and test cases execute test cases, and track defects, participate in review meetings for defect status and resolution of issues
- Work with technical team in analyzing, debugging, and reporting application defects and data issues perform white box, black box, regression and load/performance and security testing, of application
- Work with technical analysts to identify unit testing coverage and ensure any gaps in functionality are documented and addressed.
- Attend weekly QA meeting to give an update on the progress of the project and report all the issues related to testing.
Environment: Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, JAVA, HP QC, CA ERWIN v7.2, MS office, MS Visio. Fiddler2
Lead Quality Analyst
- Designed, developed and executed test plans and all the test cases aligned to system functionality
- Coordinated with development team and Test Manager on the progress of test initiatives, testing efforts, Issues and testing completion timeline.
- Performed end to end testing of software product according to functional specifications using Linux based environment, Oracle and PL /SQL
- Performed GUI testing, functional testing, regression testing, integration and system testing and coordinated UAT.
- Coordinated in preparing Testing and UAT environment, performed Load testing, Volume testing and scalability testing as part of system performance testing
- Tested application load time, response time, application endurance on heavy load of concurrent users and its performance
- Tested data model and database objects in db as per enterprise standard, guidelines and naming standards
- Ensured correct indexes are created, Joins are applied on right columns and correct filter criteria is applied in PL/SQL code.
- Provided fixes for critical bugs and assisted code moves to QA and production system
- Participated in design discussion, coordination with development leads and lead analyst to clarify and resolve functionality and data related issues
- Lead and support all quality initiatives that are implemented during each phase of the system development life cycle.
- Ensured that all system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved before release and code deployment
Environment: JAVA, UNIX, Perl scripting, ERWIN v.7.0, Oracle10g, PL/SQL, PERL, XML, HTML, HP QC, Load Runner, MS Office
Senior Research Analyst
- Involved in the system requirement analysis, design discussion, functional analysis of the system
- Performed data analysis on huge volume of data collected from different sources and filtered the relevant data and further performed data mining using different Unix commands along with Perl Programming and SQL queries to determine patterns within the data with the goal of identifying relationships and predicting future trend and events.
- Performed data modeling and pattern based analysis on research information
- Prepared detailed Test Plans on final sets of data and solution
- Developed test cases and performed unit test and system test
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, ERWIN, UNIX, UNIX Shell Scripting, HTML