Confidential is a results - oriented Software Quality Analyst and IT Specialist. He has strong skills and experience in manual testing. In his most recent role, he was responsible for the end-to-end testing of a web-based application in a Windows environment. He is highly proficient in all test phases. Confidential has very good knowledge of common QA practices and methodologies. He is an excellent team player with strong business and analytical skill-sets.
- Outstanding Leadership and Teambuilding
- Proficient in HP Quality Center
- Highly Adapt at Root Cause Analysis
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC
- Articulate in Oral and Written Communication
- Manual and Automated Testing
Software: HP Quality Center, QTP, MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), MS Access, QuickBooks, SQL Query Analyzer and remote desktop applications.
Operating systems: MS Windows Operating Systems (Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista and Windows 7)
Databases: MS SQL and MS ACCESS
Confidential, Duluth, GA
- Worked as a manual/automated tester in a multiple web-based Medical Tele-Triage environment.
- Created Test Planning documents and Detailed Test cases for Functional, Smoke and Regression testing.
- Executed test cases and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Performed Integration testing on Telephone Integration Systems in connecting to the Medical application.
- Perform Automated testing using QTP.
- Created weekly defect status report and tracked the defects/bugs fixes through resolution.
- Conducted back-end testing using SQL queries and XML strings.
- Worked with business Analysts and developers in the requirement and design stages.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Software Environment - MS Windows, Java-based, web-based, financial application (billing system).
- Worked as a manual tester responsible for testing the bill pay application.
- Created Functional requirements that were easily decomposed into test cases.
- Performed functional, Integration, Smoke and Regression testing.
- Created and executed test cases using tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Created weekly defect status report and presented the report in a very detailed manner to the development and business teams during weekly meetings.
- Reported defects promptly and worked with the development team and business analysts to resolve defects and enhance the product.
- Conducted back-end testing by executing SQL queries to obtain data from the database.
- Reported testing and defect statuses with the aid of MS Excel.
- Conducted regression testing, GUI and Integration testing
- Built and repaired laptop and desktop computers according to design specifications.
- Performed various software installations.
- Performed printer installations.
- Troubleshoot resolve complex software problems.
- Evaluated new technology (software/hardware).
- Provided for new systems/software/hardware as needed.
- Provided technical support.
- Performed quality control.
Help Desk Support
- Provided technical support for modem /router and internet connectivity issues.
- Provided one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone.
- Assisted customers with billing information.
- Set up new programming packages and general information inquiries.
- Supported new installation processes.
- Assisted Network Technicians in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions.
- General level 1 Helpdesk duties.