- A resourceful, versatile, and tenacious software tester who’s experience includes creating (mapping) testplans from technical specifications; implementing and performing manual and automated tests; gathering and evaluating the results; and recording and tracking defects.
- Obstacles are approached with creativity and a perspective that there are commonalities in applications, tools, languages, operating systems and/or environments.
- Fifteen plus years experience in Software Testing.
- Technical contact for, managed, and used IBM/Rational Robot extensively (~ 9 years).
- Managed and used WinRunner extensively (4 years).
- Test environment included Java, .NET Framework, and web based software.
- Tested C and Java APIs.
- Tested embedded and non - embedded systems.
- Three plus years experience in Systems Administration.
- Once held a U.S. governmental security clearance (Inactive).
SYSTEMS: Windows Windows 8, 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, UNIX Solaris 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10; IBM AIX 5.x; HP-UX
Linux: Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise 3, 4, 5; and SUSE
Mainframe: z/OS 01.13.00 (only briefly)
SERVERS: Solaris; Windows NT 4.0 to 2008; Tomcat 4.1; Squid; ISA 2000; Netware 3.12 and 4.10
DATABASES: MySQL; MS-SQL 6.5, 2000, 2005, 2008; Oracle; some Sybase, IBM DB2, MS Access
BROWSERS: Internet Explorer; Firefox; Chrome; Netscape
LANGUAGES: C; SQL; Java; brief use of Python and Perl
SCRIPTING: Korn, C, and Windows NT Shells; Robot SQABasic; WinRunner; VBS
SOFTWARE: Rational Functional Tester 8.5, Hitachi ID, Active Directory, Quality Center 10 and 11, MS-SQL 2008 Server Management Studio, Toad for Oracle, MS Offices 4.0 to 2010, Rational Team Concert, RSA for Websphere 7.5.5 and 8, Eclipse, Rational Robot, Remedy, VMware, PVCS Tracker, WinRunner 5.0, CC Mail, Palindrome Archivist, Micro2000; acquainted with Visual C++ 6.0, 2003, 2005 and Visual Café 4.0
HARDWARE: PCs, Early Sun Microsystems SparcStations
Confidential, East Lansing, MI
- Work consisted mainly of manually testing web applications and/or databases.
- Depending on the project, test plans, test cases, and/or SQL query test scripts were written and executed.
- Projects involving HPQC, some administration was involved.
- One project supported Hitachi ID-Synch.
- Offered an automated solution to a Firefox issue that was provided for Client’s use.
- One project involved brief use of a Mainframe.
- On the last project, Test cases were written (mapped) for Mobile App and Web Portal from documentation.
- Manually tested the Web Portal. The RFT was briefly used, presenting issues with its use on this project.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- proprietary database with a proprietary query language tested on Solaris, Windows, RedHat, SUSE, IBM AUX, and HP-UX.
- Automation was accomplished with the use of NT, Korn, and C scripts, and IBM/Rational Robot, depending on the platform.
- The scripts ran unattended overnight and reviewed the following day. Some scripts were relegated to sanity and regression testing. (QA team size: four or more)
- The test scripts, written in the language of C, were platform independent and ran unattended overnight.
- The command line C/C++ compilers used were Sun WorkShop 5.0, GNU, and MS VC++ 6.0, 2003, and 2005. (QA team size: one)
- A Java API for Core Confidential .
- The test scripts were written in the language of Java and tested on multiple platforms. (QA team size: two to three)
- Rational Robot was used.