- Experienced Quality Assurance consultant (around 4 Years) in designing and implementing test procedures for multiple applications.
- Good experience in developing test scenarios, test plans and test Scripts in line with specifications and business requirements.
- Performed Functional, Load, and Regression testing for web based applications developed in multiple technologies.
- Proficient experience in industry standard test automation tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and HP LoadRunner, and prognosis monitoring Tool.
- Adept knowledge on Team Foundation Server and Quality Center web based test management tools.
- Prioritized the identified bugs and involved in the preparation of Bug reports, test execution reports and test progress reports.
- Certified Tester Foundation level in International Standards Testing Qualification Board ( ISTQB) and Load Runner 9.0 by HP
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Worked as a Knowledge Management Anchor responsible to hold knowledge sharing sessions.
- Worked on various industry domains such as Banking and Financial sector, Insurance and Public sector.
- Possess good communication and presentation skills, quick learner, zeal to learn new technologies and willingness to work on challenging tasks.
- Expertise in preparing Configuration Management plan which gives detailed knowledge on the documents related to project and the location where they are stored.
- Worked with a team of professional web developers and project managers in a fast paced environment.
Operating Systems: Windows2003, Windows xp, Windows Vista, Windows 2007 and Unix
Languages: C and C++
Databases: Sql server 2005 and oracle9i
Web Related: HTML
Tools: & Utilities: Microsoft VSTS 2008 (Visual Studio Team System), HP LoadRunner, Prognosis, HTTP Watch Professional, Team Foundation Server, Rational Functional Tester, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Quality Manager and Mainframes.
Industry Domain: Banking and Financial sector, Insurance and Public Sector.
Tools: IBM Rational test manager, IBM Clear Quest and SQL.
- Creation of test plan and test cases in line with specifications and business requirements
- Performed functional and Regression testing for web and mainframe based application
- Executed test cases and analyzed the test results
- Involved in collecting test data and preparing test summary results
- Defects were reported using Clear Quest. Involved in Defect management meetings
- Created Bug Reports, Test execution reports and Test progress reports
- Conducted weekly meetings to update project status to test managers
Environment: Java/J2EETools: Rational Quality Manager, IBM Clear Quest (CQ), and IBM Clear Case.
- Performed Functional testing on major modules of the child care web application such as Case Management and Security
- Analyzed use - cases/process documents to gain better understanding on the functionality of the application
- Developed test cases for self-assigned modules and reviewed the cases written by other team members
- Executed the test cases, analyzed the test results and identified bugs in the application
- Reported the identified bugs in the IBM Clear Quest and communicated effectively to the module track leads and application developers. Involved in the complete bug life cycle
- Performed regression testing on the application modules after the bug fixes were implemented
- Provided daily updates, to the test lead, portraying the progress of completed activities and details about upcoming activities
Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008, Team Foundation Server, Prognosis, HTTP Watch Professional, SQL Server 2005.
- Performed load testing on all the modules of the web application
- Involved in the preparation of test plan with detailed approach of testing
- Identified the test Scenarios and developed the test scripts
- Executed test scripts and analyzed the test results
- Troubleshooting several correlation and dynamic values in .net Applications
- Reported bugs in TFS and followed with the development team for bug resolution
- Analyzed all the various performance metrics involved in the test run like Web resources, IIS Counters, .NET Counters, Database Counters etc
- Drilled down the problematic pages in analysis to find out where the performance degradation has been occurring
- Conducted Regression testing to ensure that the application does not have any unintended errors due to the code modifications
- Involved in knowledge sharing sessions for the new hires
- Provided regular updates to the Project Management and client personal via weekly and Monthly status calls