- Seeking an influential role where I can apply my leadership, problem solving, analytical, communications, negotiations, people, and process management skills to affect the professional development of my team members and the global success of the organization through a Sr. QA Analyst position.
- I have nearly 6 years experience in QA Analysis/testing/support of Data warehouse, Client Server and Web applications through all phases of the SDLC.
- Good understanding of software application testing methodologies, Business Analysis, Specification Development, Requirements Documentation, System Development Life Cycle, Traceability of requirements, Use case methodology, Basic understanding of Project Management Methodologies (PMM).
- Well versed with Testing Methodologies, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Defect Tracking process, Defect Life Cycle and production implementation process.
- Experienced in Test Design, Test case Development, implementation of Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases to cover all scenarios, execution of test cases in test director.
- Expertise in Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Tests, User Acceptance Tests and Regression Tests.
- Experience in manual testing in windows and UNIX environments.
- Strong SQL skills, experience with query reporting tools and good understanding of Unix Shell Scripting, Unix commands, VI Editor, FTP protocol etc.
- Good understanding with Automated testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Ability to carry a project from requirements elicitation through test scenario creation, test plan creation, Data Setup, test execution, defect creation, defect tracking, Resolving the defects.
Databases: Oracle 11g/9i/8i/7.0,Teradata 12, DB2 EE, DB2EEE, MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0/8.0, SQL server 2000, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Developer
Programming: SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Unix, Shell Scripting, Web Development, HTML 4.0, Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, XML, ANSI SQL, Transact SQL
Web Server/: Application Server
Java Web Server 1.2, Microsoft Personal Web Server,: Web logic Server5.x/6.x
Environment: HP UX 9000, Linux, Sun Solaris 5.x, Win NT 4.0, MS Windows
Testing/Bug tracking: Test Director 6.x/7.6/8.0, Quality Center 9.0, Quick test Professional 8.2,9.0,9.2
Others: Visio 5.0, MS Office2000/2010, Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, project).
- Performed Black - box testing including Smoke tests, Regression testing, Functional testing and Beta testing.
- Performed web testing including, protocols
- Performed different types of Testing like Browser compatibility, field validation, usability, Security, Interface, performance and stress testing.
- Functionality Testing on Web Application by testing Links, Cookies, HTTP and CSS and Business Flow
- Involved in Batch Reports Testing and Systems Testing.
- Involved in Mobile Apps(smart Apps) Testing with IOS, Android devices, and Mobile Applications
- Tested projects in Agile scrum Methodology.
- Tested projects by using Web service with SOAP UI.
- Developed base line scripts for testing the future releases of the application using Test Complete
- Involved in the Test Execution, Results Analysis and Defect Reporting.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts and Developers to drill down business requirements, customization and testing requirements.
- Involved in all phases and stages of software testing life cycle including end-to-end system testing and business requirements analysis.
- Represented in test team daily status calls during test execution and explained operations/users risks involved in changing the status or priority of the issues.
- Analyzed business requirements, functional specifications and created test scenarios and test cases.
- Performed database testing by writing complex SQL queries for the back end testing in SQL Developer.
- Maintained good communication with all team members in SDLC.
- Coordinating the testing activities with Offsite team members.
Environment: s: ORACLE 11g, .NET, Java 5.x/6.x, COBOL, SQL, SQL Developer, HP 9000, Linux, Test Complete, Soap UI, File Zilla, QC Term, Win SCP, Bug Zilla, Windows7/NT/XP/Vista.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for testing POS 4.5, 5.0 and 5.1 applications
- Responsible for both system testing and UAT of pos application.
- Involved in the entire system development life cycle for all the assigned projects
- Reviewing system requirements documents and enhancements documents and Involved in writing the Test plan and Test cases in Quality center
- Creation, maintenance and execution of system test cases based on requirements and established business conditions
- Performed both Manual and Automated and Backend Testing on Web Application
- Performed Functionality, Regression and GUI testing using Quick Test pro
- Responsible for automating the entire Transaction check list of the application using Quick Test pro.
- Developed base line scripts for testing the future releases of the application using Quick Test pro
- Extensively used SQL queries for data verification at the backend.
- Tracking, analyzing and documenting the software defects in Test Director.
- Involved in testing special order services (VPOS) in back end on UNIX platform.
- Involved in Hardware testing of coin dispensers and cash drawers in SCO
- Working with project managers, leads, developers, help desk, end users in order to successfully test and implement applications
Environment:: Quick Test pro, Quality center, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Db2, Terra data, AB Initio ETL tool, Toad, AIX UNIX and Windows NT.
- Developing overall test strategy for the data transformation and loading from source system to target.
- Data quality analysis, QA of mapping documents, QA of data mapping rules and transformation rules
- Developing test plans, writing test cases, test scripts based on business requirements, and Mapping documents.
- Analyzing the design documents and requirements, Creating test data for all testing life cycles.
- Verifying data for import and export of data in the application
- Created test data on applications like mortgage loans, car loans, etc.
- Identifying issues/defects for transformations, data quality and making sure to resolve them
- Testing ACH banking transaction.
- Identifying issues/defects with Metadata, Reference data with heavy data transactions.
- Testing of Dimension tables and Fact Tables
- Running of test scripts, test cases in Test director