- Around 5+ years of experience in manual and automated testing performing various types of testing.
- Expertise in using defect management tools such as Visual Studio Test Professional, Quality Center (QC), Quick Test Professional (QTP), Microsoft Test Manager and specialized automation tools such as Load runner
- Excellent experience in functional testing, performance, manual, automation, data warehouse, white box and non - functional testing including performance in web based and client/server applications.
- Excellent experience in Performance/Load testing using Visual Studio Test Professional and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile software development lifecycle.
- Performed black box, white box, smoke testing, integration testing, system testing, end-to-end testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), regression testing, performance testing, adhoc testing, data and database migration testing, interaction testing, localization testing, configuration testing, usability testing and security testing.
- Experience in online e-commerce projects.
- Expertise in test planning, analyzing user requirements, functional and technical specifications, creating test plans, automating the test cases for relational database, .net, web and client/server applications.
- Extensive experience in manual testing with creating new test cases from product requirements.
- Expertise with GUI automation testing tools.
- Involved in entire QA life cycle, which includes designing, developing, documentation of test plans, test cases, test procedures and test scripts.
- Excellent efficiency in performing integration, user acceptance testing, functional, regression, system, black box, smoke and GUI tests.
- Expertise in XML, HTML, hands on experience developing HTML files.
- Expertise in SQL, worked on SQL for back end testing to validate data.
- Good team player with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- BrainBench certified in Software Testing and Software Quality Assurance
Operating System: Windows95/NT/2000/XP/7, UNIX
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, MS-Access
Testing Suite: Microsoft Test Manager, Visual Studio Test Professional, Mercury Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner, Win Runner, Selenium, BugZilla, Nunit
Tools: Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Visio
Programming Languages: HTML, XML, C#, MS SQL, VB Script
Quality Assurance Specialist
- Developed test cases in Quality Center and automated test cases in Quick Test Professional (QTP) and Load Runner.
- Developed units test cases for the libraries using C#.
- Migrated QTP test cases to Coded UI Tests and Microsoft Test Manager for the inventory module.
- Performed Load and Performance testing using Visual Studio Test Professional.
- Developed automated test cases for the API.
- Created automated test scripts using tools such as Selenium for the internal portals.
- Conducted database testing and data validation using SQL.
- Developed scripts for data migration between different environments.
- Involved in code coverage analysis for UI Components.
- Currently maintaining & executing the nightly run using scripts.
- Developed new test cases for content management system and automated them.
- Involved in manual testing of the product.
- Involved in testing the web sites for any broken links and HTML document.
- Reported bugs related to the scripts/product using internal bug reporting system.
- Updated results into Microsoft Test Manager both manual and using scripts.
- Working on moving the entire web automation framework and test cases off QTP to Selenium.
- Software Testing
- Topics covered software testing at the unit, module, system levels, automatic and manual techniques for generating and validating test data, the testing process, functional testing, inspections, and reliability assessment
- Database management systems
- Topics covered design methodology for database, implementing databases, using querying languages such SQL, implementing security and integrity policies relating to databases
- Data structure
- Data structures and algorithms, analysis techniques such as running time, pseudo-code etc., stacks, queues, linked lists
- Operating Systems
- Overview of operating systems, functionalities and characteristics of OS, concept of a process, operations on processes, process states, concurrent processes, process control block, process context, Deadlock prevention, detection, avoidance, banker's algorithm
- Designed test plans and test cases based on specifications documents.
- Responsible for testing for online e-commerce product.
- Updated and maintained manual test cases.
- Investigated bugs by using available application and server logs, browser developer tools (Firebug, etc.), databases, and other tools and resources.
- Wrote clear, concise, consistently reproduce-able bug reports
- Supported deployments and maintenance activities.
- Performed functionality testing and regression Testing