Seeking a 508 Compliance Tester/Manual Tester position in a progressive organization where I can play an important role in the developing 508 Compliance for the growth and success of the organization.
- Over 5 years of diverse IT experience in 508 Compliance/Functional Tester with expertise in all phases of SDLC, STLC and various QA methodologies.
- Proficient in testing including functional, negative, smoke test, Back - end test, 508 Compliant, integration and regression testing of client/server, web and windows based application for Health care.
- Perform Section 508 Compliance Testing with Accessibility Life Cycle and Accessibility Best Practices Library.
- Conduct senior-level peer reviews of test documents (e.g. Guides, Documentation Test Checklist, PDF Test Checklist etc.)
- Provide senior-level support with the Section 508 classes.
- Extensive knowledge in 508 Technical Standards and Sub Technical Standards (1194.21, 1194.22, 1194.23, 1194.24, 1194.31 & 1194.41)
- Extensive experience in Web Content testing.
- Extensive experience in writing Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scenario for 508 Technical Standards and Sub Technical Standards.
- Extensive experience in create Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPAT) for 508 testing.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software and its Accessibility Tools.
- Conduct expert-level knowledge of execute test plans on software applications and learning systems and document results in comparison to Section 508 compliance requirements.
- Provide senior-level knowledge of detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and resolved.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, ARIA & XML and its accessibility.
- Knowledge and understanding of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), the United States Access Boards' accessibility guidelines and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Extensive experience in writing Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scenario and Test scenarios for Manual testing for various Business applications in Windows
- Expertise in creating complex-queries, indexes, views and Stored Procedures in Oracle PL/SQL, to support automation, back-end testing and Report-testing.
- Very strong knowledge on Defect Management Process, hands on experience with Defect Management Tools.
Operating Systems: Windows2000/2003/NT, Windows 7, XP Professional, UNIX, Linux
Databases: Oracle9i/11i, MS SQL, PL/SQL Developer.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, ARIA, XML
Testing Tools: JAWS, Magic, Narrator, Dragon, WAT, AccVerify, Quality Center/ALM
Software Packages: Micro Soft Office (Word, Access, Excel), MS project, Power point.
Confidential, Albany, New York
Sr. 508 Compliance and Functional Tester
- Performed vigorous Section 508 accessibility Compliance test with JAWS, WAT, and ACCVerify etc. Logged, monitored and retested defects in QC for Section 508 failures with various compatible browsers.
- Assisted developers with understanding and then resolving the functional, non functional, compatibility, 508 Compliance defects.
- Wrote test plan and VPAT for Section 508 Compliance test. Trained Development and QA team on using various 508 tools and standards.
- Met with business analysts to understand business functionalities, requirements and designed test cases to satisfy those requirements.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and System Specification documents and created Test cases and executed Test cases in Quality Center.
- Manually executed Test cases and Test Scripts after reviewing the business requirement document and technical specifications and responsible for updating existing test cases against the requirements.
- Actively participated in iteration planning meetings and reviews to review impacts on test plan and test strategy of any changes made and new functionalities added in new builds.
- Worked in agile environment, attended daily morning stand up (scrum) meetings, updated daily status on what was done yesterday, what will be done today, and any blocking issues.
- Wrote SQL queries for backend testing of the applications.
- Wrote, tested and debugged complex SQL queries involving multiple joins and conditions on Oracle RDBMS.
- Responsible for creating the test cases in Quality Centre and mapping them with the requirements.
- Provided defect status reports & test-case execution reports on weekly basis using HP Quality Center.
Environment: Quality Cente/ALM, XML, HTML,CSS, ARIA, EXCEL, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows
Confidential, Columbia, Maryland
Jr. Manual & Section 508 Tester
- Interacted with Business Analyst gathered all the requirements.
- Created Test Plan Document and Test cases.
- Created test cases for reports requirements and executed all the test cases.
- Loaded the data for claims tables and patient tables using the tables.
- Created test data for all the requirements.
- Created test cases for Cognos Report requirements and executed all the test cases with different user roles.
- Developed SQL queries for Reports and did testing on Cognos reports. Involved in Cognos Reports testing.
- Created the xml files and verified the error logs into the database using the PL/SQL Developer.
- Used Quality Center for Created Requirement traceability matrix and verified all the requirements are covered or not.
- Used Quality Center for maintain the documents and defect tracking purpose
- Maintained 508 Compliance test sections and Section 508 related Defects in QC.
- Carried out extensive 508 Compliance Test. Helped GUI and Web developers in fixing defects.
- Wrote VPAT, Test Summary Report, QC defect Report for the team.
- Provided weekly test status and defect matrix reports to the management.
Environment: Quality Center, Windows XP, AIX, HTML, XML, XSLT, SQL Server.