- Five Plus Years of industry experience as a Software Test Engineer, Teacher, Instructor and Programmer. An experienced engineer with a positive attitude, who likes people and likes to be with people, who is detail oriented and good at task requiring vigilance, accuracy, speed, and detection of minor differences. An engineer with strong analytical, trouble - shooting, and problem-solving skills, independent worker, fast learner, works well under pressure, flexible, mobile, and willing to go on an assignment on short notice.
- Over 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance Testing, Mentoring and Teaching.
- Proficient in preparing a detailed Test Cases from Software Requirement Specifications.
- Have good knowledge on SQL queries.
- Experience includes the testing of Client/Server and WEB based applications using automated testing tools like Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Selenium, REL Link Checker and Load Runner.
- Experience in Agile Process Scrum Methodologies and tools and a good working knowledge on Target Process.
- Developed, Executed & maintained Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Excellent understanding on Software Development Life Cycle, Defect Management Life Cycle.
- Proficient in System Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Solid Knowledge of QA Testing Methodologies, Software Validation & Verification process.
- Experience on development tools like C, C++.
- Good understanding of ISO 9000 standards for the Quality Process.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
- Having excellent analytical, communication and Project Management skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
LANGUAGES: C++, C, SQL.
PLATFORMS: MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional, Windows 7, UNIX.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Web servers: Weblogic, Tomcat
Testing Tools: QTP9.2, QualityCenter-9.2, Rel Link Checker, Target Process, Selenium, Bugzilla, Load Runner
- Preparing Test Cases Based on Story cards.
- Implementation of Logical Partitioning by using Boundary Value Analysis and Equivalence Partition while preparing Test cases.
- Involved in preparing Gherkin Test cases and implementing the same with the help of developer.
- Updating the story boards on the Agile Process tool Target Process.
- Performed functional testing and system testing.
- Assisted the users in the User acceptance testing.
- Creating Defects and maintaining the test management process in Target Process.
- Involved in automated testing for Regression testing of the web based application with the help of developers.
- Perform Backend testing by using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Developed automated test Scripts using Selenium mostly during Regression Testing. Also helped the development team in converting the selenium scripts into JUnits.
- Conducted Positive and Negative Testing scenarios.
- Participated in the daily stand up meetings and updated the backlog status in Target Process after each sprint.
- Participated regularly in the weekly meetings with the BA and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Involved in generating Test plan according to the testing requirements.
- Created Test scenarios and Test cases from the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS)and updated it in the central repository.
- Created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases.
- Responsible for Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing and System testing.
- Performed Functionality testing of the web page objects such as HTML links. Performed broken link test using the Rel Link Checker.
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
- Was involved in generating the Defect Metric Report to show the Priority and Severity of the defect
- Implemented the Smoke Testing during the initial hours to check the major functionalities.
- Involved in teaching Software Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in reviewing and the analyzing of the requirements. .
- Involved in development and execution of Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Involved in tracking defects, analyzing, documenting.
Senior Research Fellow
- Assimilation of government laws for the EIA as requirements
- Coding of these inputs into Visual Prolog and achieving AI.
- Unit testing of completed modules.
- Weekly presentation to Director, SIES on the status of the project and obtaining inputs on the chemical domain.
- Daily status reporting to senior colleague
- Involved in development and execution of Test Cases based on Requirements documents.
- Performed Both Positive and Negative Testing.
- Involved in Factory Acceptance Test - FAT with the Business User - BAYER India.
- Reported the bugs and interacted with the team lead and Engineers to resolve them.
- Involved in documenting the entire Manual Testing
- Participated in Team meetings for weekly Testing reviews.
- Documentation as per ISO 9000 standards. This was maintained diligently since Fisher Rosemount is an ISO company with firm belief in quality procedures and benefits