- Around 6 years of IT industry experience in Quality Assurance, Software Analysis & Testing Client/Server, and Web based applications and Windows/Unix Environments.
- Experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Good understanding of SDLC water fall methodologies, agile methodologies.
- Experience in User Requirement Analysis, Functional Specifications, Use Cases, Business Requirements, Business Rules to Prepare Test Schedules, Identify Test Requirements.
- Edit the work of others in a constructive and non - ego-brushing manner.
- Experience in working with defect tracking tools like Quality Center, RQM, Clear Quest and Test Director.
- Extensive experience in Manual and Automated testing using QTP.
- Expertise in testing with web services.
- Expertise in testing websites by performing content UI, Control buttons, database testing, validation, navigation testing and compatibility testing.
- Experience in test case definitions, development and maintenance of test scripts and documentation of all the phases of the QA lifecycle.
- Experience with writing SQL queries for data validation and data integrity testing.
- Experience with writing SQL, DML,DDL writing complex SQL & Testing scripts for Backend Testing against relational Databases
- Possess overall Project management skills including gathering requirements to post implementation.
- Experience in various Domains like Financial, Insurance, Trading, Mortgage, and Health.
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding testing status and maintain detail QA documentation.
- Participated in Peer Reviews and Walkthroughs for Requirements, Design, Code, Test Planning, Test case Specification artifacts.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and capable to effectively handle multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong Analytical skills with good communication skills and a good team player.
Testing Tool: Manual testing, Mercury QualityCenter,HP ALM,RQM,RFT,ClearQuest,QuickTestPro,Seleniumide,JiraBugzilla & XPM
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Oracle 10/11, DB2, MS-Access.
Packages: MS: Office(Word,Excel,Access,PowerPoint),MS-Visio,MSoutlook
OS: Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista/Win7,Mainframes(AS/400),UNIX,MS-DOS
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
Senior QA & UAT Tester
- Created Test plans & written Test Scenarios against an application that runs in an AS/400 environment that has web overlay on it.
- As a QA Analyst engaged in testing and integration of company’s web based application systems. Responsible for an in house testing and integration in an Agile development environment.
- Developed test plans Document from scratch to the web interface and followed all results through the lifecycle.
- Expertise associated with the use of Word, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Lotus and Excel.
- Capacities to transform technical information into detailed illustrations and documentation.
- Ability to identify specific task components, set realistic deadlines, then monitor and motivate others.
- Discussed the project timeline with the Project Manager for updating the Test Plan Timelines.
- Reviewed the Functional Design document and developed test data for the manual testing.
- Monitored the manual testing effort to follow the standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application.
- Tested the integrity of the data against feeds send (Via FTP) from various clients.
- Tested UI application using Internet Explorer developer tool bar
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with subject matter, developers and Book merchandisers.
- Logged defect using XPM Tool, attached screen shots using Snagit
- Reported the bugs, Email notification to the developers.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- The developers, project managers and testers communicate closely and the software is built. Smaller teams work in the project room, we had peer reviews, customer reviews for test scenarios and we had daily standup meetings to discuss the status of the project and to see if there are any issues.
- Daily 15min meeting will be there and we use to update our last 24 and next 24hours of work.
- Supported UAT Testing Team to meet all timelines in the project
- Created Test scripts and executed for Regression testing
- From the Role wise I worked as Business Analyst (minor role) and Quality Analyst (major role).
- Used I-Series and BNNY2 for verify the data, changing the data in the backend of the application which is run in AS/400.
Environment: AS/400, I-Series Navigator 10.10.26, XPM TOOL Version 13.3, JIRA, LOTUS NOTES, WINDOWs-7, WINDOWS - XP.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Senior QA Tester
- Reviewed and analyzed the business and functional requirement document.
- Interacted with BA and Development Team for creating Functional Test plan.
- Involved in the weekly Build and QA meetings.
- Performed both Manual and Automated Testing of the applications.
- Worked on different environment and releases(Rel 8.2, 8.3,8.4,9.1 & 9.2)
- Developed trading scenarios and test order entry and market data.
- Expertise in using FIX Protocol .Testing admin and application FIX messages like heartbeat, logon, logout, resend request, reject, sequence, pre-trade, post-trade messages.
- Read and understand the FIX log file and to interpret format and different tag combinations.
- Conducted backend testing by querying databases to synchronize testing databases and checked for data integrity and proper routing based on workflow rules at each step.
- Verified web objects and checked differences in the standard properties of each page.
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, Pass-Fail report, Comparison Chart.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Prepared Software Builds and release documentation for production deployment.
- Created Test Scenarios and Test in Test Director and obtained sign-off from BA.
- Performed Sanity, Functional, Installation, Matrices Cross Platform, Integration, and Functional, End to End, Security, Regression, Post-release and User Acceptance testing.
- Logged the defects in Quality Center and reported to the development team according the severity and priority of the defect.
- Documented test cases in the Quality Center and configured the required Test Set properties for test execution
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, QTP, VBScript, Java script, Sql Server, Java, Excel, FIX 4.2, IE, PL/SQL, TOAD.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Reviewed the Functional Design document and developed test data for the manual testing.
- Monitored the manual testing effort to follow the standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the Health insurance application.
- Documenting and executing Test plans, Test cases and Test scripts based on baseline requirements.
- Employing data-driven testing framework based on excel tables by parameterize test scripts to check application behavior.
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with subject matter, developers and business users.
- Involved in release management activities (release notes, release check list, test summary report, hand-off docs).
- Automated test scripts for Functional, GUI validation, Data Driven testing using QTP and checked for the user friendliness of the application.
- Application was tested based on the test cases and the results were logged in to Quality Center.
- Involved in mapping EDI file into Flat file for back testing.
Environment: QTP, HP Quality Center 10.0, Visual Basic, TSO Mainframe, SQL Developer, Oracle, PL/SQL.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
- Created Testing requirements from the functional requirements, system specification and design specification.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Developers and various other groups to understand detailed technical /business process flows.
- Performed Regression Testing using QTP, Integration testing, Web Service & Multi Browser testing of the application.
- Written detailed test cases and scenarios using Quality Center. Checked for Traceability Matrix to make sure test cases coverage for all requirements.
- Generated and maintained various QA traceability metrics and charts.
- Used Quality Center as online Bug Tracker.
- Generated various defect reports and graphs for analysis and participated in defect review meetings involving test lead and developers.
- Performed Backend database testing by writing and executing SQL quires .Performed Data integrity test to validate data in Database using Joins and SQL queries.
- Study and analysis of functional requirements
- Designing Test cases and tracing them to requirements, executing test sets.
- Arrange peer reviews for test cases and guide the team in tracking them to closure
- Perform formal reviews of test cases and log issues in review reports and track them to closure.
- Reporting defects and preparing defect and status reports using graphs.
- Verify the positive scenarios as well as conduct exception/negative testing (i.e. error handling).
- Reported defects and managed using Quality Center and followed up on the resolution with the developers.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Db2, UNIX, IE, SQL, Web Services, XML, EDI X12N 5010, EDI X12N 4010, SQAP UI.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Developed Test plans, Test Strategy and Test Cases.
- Involved in the entire project life cycle from analysis, installation, development, testing, production and end user support
- Proven abilities to structure technical writing projects and motivate others to complete components accurately and on time.
- Created Test Cases in QC and mapped Test Cases through developed Traceability Matrix and Test Coverage reports.
- Conducted System testing, Integration testing, and Functional testing.
- Tracked the defects and generated defect summary reports.
- Performed manual testing and developed automated test scripts for regression testing based on the test cases using QTP.
- Interacted with developers, Business Analysts, Project Manager, Business users and other team members on day to day basis.
- Did extensive backend testing using SQL queries and sub queries to check backend data and checked data integrity.
- Gained Understanding of the complex data warehouse architecture, web application and created effective test cases to test the applications.
- Worked closely with the Business Analysts to understand requirements and create test cases and SQL queries to validate data quality
- Validated database by running automation scripts, SQL queries and comparing the Data. Extensively used TOAD for Oracle/SQL server for writing SQL statements.
- Performed positive & negative testing, Component Testing, System Integration Testing and Regression testing using QTP.
- Experienced in planning test schedules, batch scheduling and analyzing the results.
- Verified the quality of the incoming Source data provided by vendors at the staging level
- Validated the data at each transformation - The source tables, the staging tables, the loading tables and finally the destination tables/views - using the data mapping files and data dictionaries.
- Participated in regular project status meetings related to testing
- Tested integration between Java web components, external services, database services and legacy interfaces
Environment: QTP, HP Quality Center, Visual Basic, Java, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, UNIX, TOAD.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Interacted with developers and BA groups at various phases of project development.
- Involved in gathering business requirements, understanding the application, collecting the information from developers and writing the test plan.
- Exported test requirements and test cases from excel, word and QTP to quality center. Administration and Application messages.
- Validated Market Data across various components. (Data includes Bonds, Stocks, Options, Equities, Mutual Funds and Money Market Funds).
- Confirm Hardware & Software requirements for accurate testing.
- Validated order routing systems for Stock, mutual fund and Options.
- Review message specification, instrument data documents for Market Data, Trading and Market operations per iterations.
- Experienced in testing Trading applications and extensively used different FIX message types like
- Used quality center for generating requirements, test sets and test plan and for reporting defects.
- Created test scenarios for functional testing and user interface testing.
- Conducted Browser compatibility testing, Screen Resolutions testing during various phases of the application.
- By using execution grid, run all manual and automated test cases in quality center.
- Conducted end to end and black box testing.
- Involved in executing SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Logged the defects in QC and retested the application after the defects are fixed.
- Tested web page presentation manually for different browser compatibility.
- Attended meetings to discuss on status of defects and projects.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority of bugs and update the status of bugs once they are fixed.
- Executed test cases before and after bug fixes each build for user acceptance testing.
Environment: QTP, QC, Db2, Java servlets, Window XP, IE, Data Warehousing, ETL, PL/SQL, TOAD.