- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile development model, Waterfall model, and V - model.
- Extensive experience in creation and execution of software testing processes, test strategies and test plans.
- Excellent experience working with Stakeholders, Business Analysts and the development team to understand the business and technical requirements of any applications.
- Proficient in GUI, Functional, Integration, Regression, Database, Stress, Load, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and System Testing on different configurations of the production product.
- Highly experienced in using automation testing tools, involving understanding the process of any particular application, preparing a framework, preparing test plans, preparing test cases and automating test cases.
- Extensive experience in Tracking and Reporting of defects using Defect Tracking Tools HP Mercury Quality Center, Mercury Test Director and JIRA.
- Knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integration.
- Experienced in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in Capability Maturity Model (CMM).
- Experienced in tracking and logging Defects with high level of detail, accuracy and informative recreation steps.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL Queries, extract data from SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Extensively worked with version management tools VSS.
- Strong analytical background with in-depth experience in financial services and banking.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in Test Execution and Test Result Analysis.
- Self-starter, team player working on fast-paced development environments committed to the deliverables.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
- Possess strong communication, presentation, problem solving and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, attention to detail, multi-focused and ability to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Software Testing Tools: Quality Center, HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner
Languages: Java, C, C++, Visual Basic, VB Scripts, SQL, PL/SQL.
Graphic Design: AutoCAD (All Versions), Revit Architecture, Photoshop CS4
Database: DB2, MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle, TOAD.
Software: MS OFFICE, Outlook, Visio.
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows (XP, VISTA, Windows 7) and DOS .
Sr. Software Test Analyst
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Specifications and the Required Documents for testing.
- Worked closely with the Developers and Business Development Teams (BDT) in the review and Modification of Product Specifications.
- Reviewed Functional and Design Specification documents. Identified Test Conditions, Ambiguities, Conflicts and Risks.
- Build test scenarios and test cases to determine the system meets all the approved requirements.
- Perform Functional testing on the application for testing validity of functionality in different versions of the application.
- Work closely with the testing team and development on daily basis to maintain the frequent builds that are being pushed on Stage and make sure each builds are being tested accurately.
- Conduct review meetings of test plan, test readiness, and test completion.
- Participate in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification requests.
- Regularly interacted with developers, business analyst and users.
- Generate Test Results Reports.
- Writing SQL queries to conduct back-end testing.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams including users, development team, Confidential clients, and technical writing team.
- Analyzing data using SQL and other tools.
Environment: J2EE, Oracle, JAVA, TOAD, Quality Center, Visual Basic, Windows
Confidential - Bethesda, MD
Sr. Software Test Analyst
- Interacted with End-users, Stakeholders and Business Analysts for gathering and analyzing business and technical requirements and specifications.
- Assisted in management of defect tracking using HP Quality Center, including logging defects, assigning them to developers, facilitating defect review sessions and researching causes of defects in development builds and in production environments.
- Worked closely with all the business as well as technology stakeholders to analyze complex business processes.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario, Test Cases for various Business Services/methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Used MS Project to keep track of tasks status.
- Mentored test junior test engineers.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and traced the requirements to the corresponding test cases.
- Performed extensive back-end Database testing using complex SQL queries.
- Created test data for validating scenarios based on functional requirements specifications.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams including Users, development team, marketing, and technical writing.
- Involved in preparation of the test data required for executing test cases.
- Involved in preparation and execution of test cases for an application.
- Performed UI Testing on the application web-Interface.
- Performed Data Driven Testing using QTP.
- Managed the testing process, logged and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Tracked defects and facilitate defect review meetings with team leads.
- Involved in preparation of Test plans, test cases, test scripts and responsible for executing the Test scripts.
- Performed Regression testing on the Java based application for testing validity of functionality in different versions of the application.
- Mentored new team members, and managed small projects.
- Attended the weekly status meetings and create notes for meeting-minutes.
Environment: Quality Center, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Visual Basic, SQL Server, VBScript, Java, Oracle, C++.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Software Test Analyst
- Responsible for generating of various Test Scenarios & Test Cases, Test Cases Review and Test Execution.
- Used MS Project to keep track of tasks status and prepared Test Status Reports during test execution processes.
- Performed Back-end testing using SQL queries to validate the data in the back-end Oracle Database.
- Used Quality Center for defect management and VSS for version control.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using quick test pro (QTP).
- Modify the existing QTP scripts based on approved requirement changes.
- Developed Baseline scripts for Performance, Load and Stress Testing of the application using LoadRunner
- Developed LoadRunner VuGen script and Created LoadRunner Controller scenarios to run the script.
- Manage all aspects of the business process for all projects from conception to completion - envisioning, analyzing, enhancing, testing and documenting results.
- Administered system testing to ensure all errors have been identified and corrected before the project launch date.
- Worked with the development and QA team to perform root cause analysis for defects found during testing.
- Involved in identifying bugs and problems, analyze test results, and bug reporting.
Environment: LoadRunner, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Oracle, TOAD, C++, SQL Server, Java, Windows NT/2000/XP.
Software Test Engineer
- Responsible for documenting Test Plan, Test Cases as per Business requirements for each release.
- Investigated the Software bugs and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Executed Test Cases using different testing techniques like Positive Testing and Negative Testing.
- Gathered test requirements by coordinating with design and development teams.
- Defined the test strategy for customer requirements to include designing, writing, and executing test cases and procedures.
- Regularly following up with the Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing.
- Mercury Test Director was used to create the test plan, store test cases and run the test sets.
- Created and filed various office documentation using MS Office applications.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify the expected results.
- Performed Functional Testing using QuickTest professional.
- Developed & executed Test scripts and Test cases for Functional and Regression testing using QuickTest Professional.
- Designing and Executing Test Cases in Test Director.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Test Director.
Environment: Windows, Visual Basic, Java, ASP, SQL Server, XML, PVCS, Test Director, and MS Office.