- Work experience in IT industry including Software Testing/Quality Assurance
- Experience in testing of Standalone, Client Server and Web based applications
- Working knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile software development models
- Interact with business analysts, developers, technical support to baseline the requirements
- Very good knowledge about various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Thorough hand on experience with all levels of testing which includes Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience at conducting backend testing
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages
- Good team player with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy learning new tools and technologies
Testing Tools: Selenium, QuickTestPro, WinRunner, and LoadRunner
Programming: C, C++, Java, Visual basic, VB.net, HTML
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP, UNIX
Bug Tracking: Elementool, Bugzilla, Test Director
Databases: Oracle (SQL PLUS)
Office Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN, FTP
- Involve in both manual and automated testing
- Setup the automation framework using Selenium.
- Perform functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium RC.
- Use Selenium IDE for testing various web applications.
- Perform back end testing by writing SQL statements and procedures
- Responsible for testing all new and existing ETL data warehouse components.
- Tested the data extraction procedures designed to extract data from flat files.
- Use in - house built Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Validate the data movement and transformations are done correctly
- Generate Reports in Front end and validated Reports in Backend to ensure data integrity and validate Business rules.
- Experienced at testing ETL's and flat file data transfers
- Execute batch processing and verify the jobs status and data in database tables
- Create scripts for finding the errors in installation log files
- Load data to different databases using Java based Designer
- Responsible for writing the test cases and updating the existing test cases. Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results
- Tracked the defects using Pivotal tracker and Quality Center and generated defect summary reports
SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
- Testing Web based application using selenium automation tool for Orange HRM
- Using selenium for functional, regression, data driven and acceptance testing
- Exported a script to one of the many supported languages and extend the functionality of the test further.
- Introduced a concept of automating test cases, maintained scripts and functions for regression testing
- Using selenium IDE to debug the test and to rework the recorded test cases to make them maintainable in the future.
- Tested one of the web based social networking application
- Developed test cases and test suites for the designated areas of testing
- Executed test of various types including functionality, regression, release acceptance, etc
- Tested browser and operating system compatibility (Windows XP/NT, MSIE, FireFox)
- Tested performance, usability, navigation, links, images, forms, etc.
- Performed ongoing Maintenance of the Regression Catalog to include test cases from new projects.
- Utilized Bugzilla web based bug tracking system to report software anomalies and defects
- Reported numerous problems of various severity levels. Verified bugs fixed in new releases.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Created and managed system testing schedule
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results
- Analyzed and helped in modifying the Use Cases and created the Test cases based on them
- Used Test Director to track, analyze and document defects
- Involved in developing Entry & Exit criteria and defined the pass and fail standards
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues (Change Requests)
- Performed Integration testing, System testing and Regression testing
- Wrote and executed SQL Statements to retrieve data from backend
- Execution of the test scenarios and scripts and review of product functionality
- Performed End-to-End testing manually and interacted with developers, system engineers, and testing teams to identify applications defects
- Conducted smoke testing, performance testing, data driven testing, screen navigational testing, Application Integration Manually
- Effective co-ordination between development team and testing team
Environment: Test Director, QTP, Oracle, PL/SQL, XML, Java, UNIX, Windows XP, MS Visio