- Over 15 years of diversified experience at various positions in software testing and using Java, Java Beans, J2EE, Unix, Dot net, C#,, Oracle 8,8I, 9I, 10g SQL, PL SQL, C, C++
- Also completed variety of testing processes, using testing tools, rational unified process etc.
- These testing projects were time bound & on different environment .
- Most of my experiences is on Client Server/LAN/Web & J2EE environment, Microsoft .net.
- I have comprehensive exposure in analyzing, executing testing and quality assurance solutions for software products, using manual as well as automated methodology like Test Director, Quality Center, Win Runner, Quick Test Pro & Rational Tools.
- Creation/modification of test plans/scripts, test execution, analyzes requirements; establish best methods to implement testing process.
- Extensive experience in Testing of Web based Applications which includes .Net, Client Server and CRM Applications, back end testing. GUI - Based Client/Server and Web-Based Applications using Manual Procedures and Automated Experience in every phase of Testing Life Cycle and Expertise in performing different kinds of testing like Black Box Testing, Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Data Driven Testing, Modular Testing, Backend Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing to exercise events, Stress Testing, Regression Testing ETL Data Warehousing.
- Prioritizing e-user events based upon certain criteria. Conducting end-user feedback analysis to gather evidence.
- Proficient in analyzing Business/System Requirement documents, writing and executing Test Cases, Test Plans, Reporting and Tracking Defects.
- Strong understanding of object oriented methodologies and software development life cycle (SDLC), which enables me to understand the application and script test plans.
Hardware: IBM PC/LAN/IBM 36/IBM 370/HP - 3000/SUN SPARK/VAX/PDP-11/HP 2.17 /Client Server, Various Networking Environments
Testing Tools: WinRunner 8, Quick Test Pro8.0 & 9.0,10 Test Director 7.0x/8.0, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center 9.0, Load Runner 8. /9.0, SQA Manager, SQA Robot, Rational Test Manager, SOAP UI
Languages: VB 6.0, VB 10 Scripts, SQL, SQL+, PL/SQL, TSL., VB.NET, C, C++, C#,Cobol
Data Bases: Oracle DB 11,Application Server 9i, 10g, 11g, (Related Portals and Client), Enterprise Manager, MS SQLServer 2005/2008, ODBC, PeopleSoft Financial Enterprise
Web Servers: Web Logic, IIS, Apache. MS IIS 6, Oracle Web Tier
Version Control: Visual Source Safe, PVCS Version Manager, Rational Clear Case, Share Point, Star Team
Operating Systems: Windows XP,Vista.7 MS-DOS, Unix Scripting, Unix AIX 4.1 & 6.2, 7.2 HP 10.6 Solaris 7,9,10 Sun 5.7 Motif
Browsers: Internet Explorer 7,8 &9, Netscape Navigator, Firefox
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, Hummingbird
Other Utilities: VISIO, MS-Outlook, MS-Office 2003,2007, MS Project 2003,Remote Desktop, Win SCP, ETL
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Completed a short term project as one of the team member of Software Testing and Quality Assurance Team.
- Responsibilities included studying and analyzing application module, creating test scripts, testing, reporting bugs, creating test reports, and attending team meetings on their Grants Management software.
- Testing included both front end and back end validation. It was a agile testing methodology.
- Application was developed in dot.net environment with back end MS SQL.
- Testing process involved both manual and automated tools - Mercury Suites, QC, QTP
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Participated in meeting with integrated project team on various software and patches releases
- Attended the Requirement Analysis and knowledge sharing session with business analyst and SME’s.
- Participation in the Simulated User Acceptance Testing (SUAT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created and Presented Test Summary report highlighting Critical Defects, Issues and VATAS System Improvement Recommendations from user‘s point of view.
- Created Test Data Setup for the New Instance to test the application (IV&V Test Environment).
- Efficiently developed Test Cases using SWRS, VDID, Use Cases, and Data Elements.
- Participated in the Team Review Meeting, Peer Review for their various release
- Presentation of Test cases/Scripts to the Client’s SME’s, BA’s and Stakeholder from the IV&V perspective.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Planning and scenarios to execute the End to End test execution.
- Efficiently executing Functional Test Cases, Backend Test, ETL Capturing Defects and reporting.
- Conducting Regression testing to validate the functionality after the remediation of defects,
- Section 508 Testing to test the accessibility and functionality.
- Utilized CM tools to store test Documents into the Shared Repository
- Created SQL queries to extract, view and analyze on from database in Oracle 10g.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Software Testing, Identified Test Cases for Confidential developed various applications according to their Technical Specification, Functional Design and Use Case documents.
- Creating and executed test scripts, analyzing documentation, executed back end testing, front end testing, functional testing, security testing, GUI testing, Reports Testing, Black box Testing, Regression Testing, Creating Test Data, Writing SCR/bugs.
- Verifying defect fixes, developing various test related documents.
- Attending meeting with Developers and SME’s Creating Benchmarks and Analyzing Results of end users.
- Participating in walkthrough and presentations.
- These activities involved using CM tools, testing tools and defect reporting tools (These applications were developed in Windows XP, Vista, Visual Basic 6.0, .net, SQL Server 2005, XML Support, and Internet Explorer environment.
- I have excellent understanding of java, and .NET and C#, ASP.NET. Used HP’s Quality Center, QTP Load Runner during testing
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Software QA Tester
- Test team member, responsible for execution of tests using both manual procedure and automated tools on various new technology based application for Confidential .
- Used mercury tools extensively.
- Created various test related documentations.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
System Test Consultant
- One of the senior testing team member, job involved analyzing requirements, creating test scenarios, test cases, execution of tests using both manual and automated methods.
- Tested Confidential ’s various application like Buyout, Electronic Travel Voucher, Time and Attendance.
- These were developed on various latest Technologies like JAVA, Weblogic, .net and PeopleSoft’s financial/ human resource engines.
- It involved extensive use of Mercury’s Test Director, Win Runner and Quick Test Pro.
- All releases, requirements, scripts were stored under CM Tool Star team.
- Job involved creating various documentations related to the testing process and developing various matrix and Benchmarking.
- Analyzing benchmarking results
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Worked in their QA/testing team as one of the senior member responsible for analyzing application, case development and interpretation of test scenarios, and test cases.
- Executing both manual and automated testing of application developed on VB and .net. It is multi-tier and multi screen application for non-profit organization, trade unions, association etc.
- The application has many features to handle membership, meetings, funds, creating transcriptions, exhibitions management and handling financial transactions.
- It has extensive reporting module, which creates periodic reports for various activities. The back end database is MS SQL and Oracle 9i.
- This involves using of automated tools like Win Runner, Load Runner, Rational Robots and clear quest for reporting defects.
- Analyzed test results and simulated various conditions like network outages, bandwidth.
- Getting evidence and feedback from users and helped developed group to resolve these issues.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Worked as a team member in the quality assurance/testing department.
- The testing process used new technologies, inch rational tools.
- The testing process was completed in compliance with Confidential which included project planning, software tracking, and peer review.
- These included developing test plan, procedure, testing scenarios, test cases, defect reports and analyzing test related requirements.
- The testing was conducted for J2EE development, which had used JSP, JAVA BEAN & JAVA codes. The entire testing process was deployed on Rational Unified Process, which had Rational Requisite Pro implementation and testing process with Rational Test Manager, Clear Quest, Clear Case, and SQA Robot
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- My job assignment included studying, analyzing, and attending business requirement and design review meetings, monitoring of software delivery and its analysis of different aspect of functionality, input data file and output results.
- Design test scenarios, test cases & execution, fault reporting, documentation. Independently interacting with development group for remediation of any unexpected results.
- The testing was focused on various billing of switch, local, long distance, calling card and resale calls recording from different provider.
- Also I was responsible for independently handing another application’s comprehensive testing, which was owned by company’s human resource department and tracked resumes.
- The total package, which was based on GUI user interface & web development, was my sole responsibility to test, bugs remediation and implementation.
- My responsibility included analyzing application, creating data sets and creating all testing documents which included test plan, test cases defect reporting.
- Compilation of test procedures and creating automated tests.
- The automated tests were created using Mercury tools like Win runner for functional tests, Load runner for testing load and stress, Web test for using world wide web development.
- Also Test director was used to record test cases, track defect and manage the testing process.
- The development was in UNIX environment and it had front-end development on object oriented code like C++ & JAVA.