- To obtain a position as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer where my excellent technical skills and professional experience will add value to the operation.
- Test plan writing and execution, log accurate defect reports and perform retest of defects as required.
- Ensure the quality of software and adherence to user stories before release to customer.
- Define the test approach and scope for assigned projects implementing proven Quality Assurance best practices
- Develop and maintain accurate and thorough test plans and test cases conducting reviews as needed
- Peer review test plans and test cases verifying accuracy and sufficient coverage
- Identify, mitigate, and drive product issues and risks to resolution
- Perform testing of software releases utilizing all methods of test execution as needed
- Create realistic Quality Assurance level of effort estimates for project planning
- Effectively collaborate with Business Analysts and Software Engineers to define user stories and acceptance criteria, deliverables and any potential impediments
- Analyze user stories and validate their testability
- Log accurate defect reports and perform retest of defects as required
- Communicate test progress, test results, impediments and other relevant or critical information to Quality Assurance Manager and project team on a timely basis
- Identify areas for improvements, implement process improvements and ensure long term compliance
- Enforce all Quality Assurance Processes and Procedures
- MS Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Power Point iOS
- Agile Scrum
- Manual test case writing
- Soap UI 5.0.0
- Rovi Automated Test Tool (RATT)
- Test Rail
- Functional testing
- Regression testing
- Integration testing
- Browser testing
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Longmont, CO
- Functional testing of DTA client side set top box applications.
- Reporting defects using VersionOne Agile Scrum tool.
- Create test plans for Smoke testing to include entrance criteria, use cases, test cases, risk assessment, and exit criteria.
- Create and maintain test cases for software regression testing using Test Rail.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of automated test scripts for Rovi Automated Test Tool (RATT)
- Create User Stories in Agile Scrum process that includes acceptance criteria as well as dependencies.
- Run automated test scripts for long term/endurance testing.
- Work closely with Program Manager, Developers, and Product owner to ensure testing criteria is met and deadlines adhered to.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Westminster, CO
- Responsible for functional manual testing of .NET Framework proprietary application
- Reporting defects using client reporting tools
- Working with Project Management and Developers to ensure project stays on course
- Develop test plan and write test cases as defined by engineering requirements.
Software Quality Assurance Technician
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Responsible for functional testing of Set top box for Factory code, Production code, Systems, Regression, Smoke, Integration Testing.
- Responsible for functional testing of Sling Web applications using Internet explorer and Firefox as well as testing Mobile applications on Android and IPhone
- Follow written test cases as well as perform exploratory testing
- Perform black box testing of software labels
- Communicate software defects in strict accordance with engineering test standards
- Review technician reports in reporting tool created and worked with Management, Project Management, and Development, in performing risk severity of reported defects.
- Develop test planning and documentation, including test cases, use cases, procedures, and technical guides using Confidential.
- Identify opportunities to improve test processes
- Mentor and assist any team members
- Training team lead - set testing standards and improve training processes through instructional design methods.
- Assign and work with QA team on testing to ensure deadlines of products is met as prioritized by Engineering Project Management.
- Worked with System Engineers to resolve any issues with test environment and communicate issues.