- Over 5+ years of IT experience as well as in Functional, System and Integration Testing.
- Experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Quick Test Pro and Quality Center for testing Client/Server as well as Web applications.
- Experienced in manual and automation testing.
- Extensively used Mercury Quality Center for tracking the functional requirements and the testing progress
- Have been engaged in all phases of software testing lifecycle (STLC). Strong knowledge of SDLC and test methodologies.
- Expertise in using HP testing tools like Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center. Hands on with WinRunner, IBM Rational Test Manager and Rational Clear Quest. Possess very good knowledge of Quality Center Site Admin.
- Experienced in development of Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios.
- Developed test scripts using automation test tools.
- Experience and expertise in GUI, System, Functional, Integration, Regression, Performance, User Acceptance Testing.
- Proficient in Database Testing using complex SQL Queries. Extensively used Teradata to execute SQL queries to validate data
- Technical ability to understand the code and the initial System Demo helps better interaction with development team - ensure timely product release, design review, code review and identification of pain areas in the process.
- Familiar with basic Unix commands including Directory/File, Pattern Matching (grep, awk, sed)) etc, Multi file commands (m, DML etc)
- Skilled at assessing client needs, working in a group and supporting end users. Excellent Communication skills.
- Quick learner, adaptable and flexible to the ever-changing technology and confident. Dedicated to understand, translate and meet client needs.
- Possess strong problem analysis skills, with ability to quickly master new concepts, applications, and an effective team player.
- Effective defect tracking and reporting.
- Working knowledge about SOAP UI.
- Insurance Domain. In and out knowledge about Insurance Industries. Was Commercial Underwriter for more than ten years.
Operating System: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX
Database: Oracle and SQL Server 2000, DB2, MS Access
Database Tools: Teradata, Toad
Web technologies: HTML, XML
Design Languages & Tools: MS Project, Rational Tools
ETL Tools: Informatic (All Transformation)
Testing Tools: Quality Center 10.0, Quick Test Professional, Selenium
Test Management Tool: Test Director
Methodologies: SDLC, STLC, AGILE
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Helped current Testing team into transition by helping them in preparing test plan, design test cases from Detailed Design Documents, requirements, mapping and LDM/PDM docs.
- Prepare Test Plan for the project.
- Give estimation to business owner for complete testing cycle for the project.
- Working as GUI Tester using RDM. Select the prewritten test cases as per the System/Data/Business Requirements. Create new test cases in excel.
- Arrange review meeting with developer’s team and review with them to get their approval for testing.
- Use Quality Center 10.0 to execute all the test cases. Use Unix to check data migration from RDM to DDE and verify that it published all the tables with all rows/column with correct data.
- Test load job - from DDE to Data user Platform and check that transfer in Teradata - load container and with writing appropriate SQL query.
- Participate in daily stand up meeting to notify the team of work status,, any problems or help requirement and all the member of the team do the same. Also burn your hours on the card at the same time.
- KT to offshore team to work on our project. Review the test cases and give them approval.
- Provide Offshore support for regression testing and act as main contact.
- Defect writing and follow up to close it.
- Main contact for Business Owner.
- UAT support.
Environment: UNIX, EXCEL, DB2, SQL, MS- Office Suite, ORACLE, , SQL, PL/SQL, WEB Application, Windows XP, Mercury Quality Center 10.0, ETL, Informatica, Teradata
Confidential, Edison, NJ
- Helped QA Team to implement testing objectives, studied and understood the functionality of the application under test.
- Formulated Test plans from Business Requirements/Function Specifications documents and created several Test Cases.
- Manually performed Functional testing that includes Security, Unit, System testing, Mutation Testing, Smoke testing And Back-end Testing.
- Wrote and executed test scripts to verify most of the Test cases using QTP.
- Conducted Regression Testing using QTP.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the Tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using QTP.
- Analyzed results of the tests by creating reports, Reported defects about any failures in the script with Quality Center.
- Documented and reported the progress to the management on an ongoing basis and updated the requirement and defect status as per the current status of the testing project in the Quality Center.
- Database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing SQL queries manually.
- Design and create test suites for different clients needed a set of web tests that would check visuals as well as business rule changes
Environment: Windows NT/XP/2000, VB, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, Mercury QC, UNIX QTP, Selenium, Java, J2EE
- Involved in planning the System Tests based on Business and specific System Requirement Documents.
- Involved in preparation and planning of Test Strategy Document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required in conducting the effort
- Involved in development of test plans, test schedules, test cases based on high-level and detailed designs
- Executed test cases and participated actively in Functional testing, System testing and Regression testing
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing and Integration Testing for the application
- Wrote test cases to test the application manually in Quality Center and automated using QTP.
- Performed Step-by-Step process for creating Data driven Automation test using Re-usable Actions functionality in QTP
- Worked on the continuous improvement of QA Process by reviewing and evaluating existing practices with standard testing guidelines
- Verified the data, by executing SQL queries on oracle database.
- Interacted with the development and Integration team in prioritizing the Defect list and validating known bug fixes
- Utilized Quality Center for recording, tracking defects and communicating them to the team during the test process and integrating to the SDLC and providing the management with test metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary and participated in the design walkthroughs and meetings.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, PL/SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, Quality center, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Java, J2EE, Oracle 9i
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Attended Review meetings to discuss Use-Cases, Business Rules, Message Rules, Alternate flows and Exception paths.
- Reviewed Business Documents for Use Case Entitlements.
- Followed the Agile methodology. Used Agile approach like Scrum.
- Extensively used Test Management Tool Quality Center to manage and execute test scripts.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, Compatibility Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing.
- Prepared Test Status Reports during Test Execution Process and delivered final test report.
- Used Quality Center for tracking the defects
- Interacted with the project team to assign priority to Projects based on dependency and criticality.
- Assisted in generating Post deployment scripts and UAT scripts for users.
- Involved in performing Sanity Testing of application for Post Deployment Production Testing.
- Created automated test scripts using Quick Test Professional.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Internet Explorer 6.0, Windows NT/2000/XP, MS-Office Suite