- Seeking assignments in software test automation, quality assurance (QA), business process testing, or system engineering.
- Experienced in designing and implementing software test automation solutions and frameworks using QTP, QC and LR.
- Software Test Automation and Quality Assurance projects
- As a senior technical engineer and lead, developed automated test system framework, manual test cases, test scripts, QA processes.
- Developed IBM Wireless Hand - held (PDA) device product, including product design, system and software architecture, data communication protocols, error-correction logic, prototyping and testing.
- Developed system architecture, requirement specifications, and detailed design for modernization of the Confidential Stock Exchange Real-time Trading technology platform.
- Confidential Siebel-based software applications: Developed JAVA API interface test driver programs.
- Designed system performance.
- Developed manual and automated QTP, WR and LoadRunner test scripts.
- IBM Wireless Communication and Voice-XML based Speech processing, Data processing, and Call Switching systems: developed real-time speech recognition and call processing test tools suite, VXML voice browser, DirectTalk test scripts.
- Performance Engineering using LoadRunner for Confidential Telecom Order Provisioning, Workflow, and Billing system.
- IBM Medical Records Management & Radiological Imaging System and software development project.
- IBM Airline and Passenger Automated Ticketing, Baggage handling system proposal development.
- Confidential: Performed QA, automation and manual testing, requirements analysis for DOD Biometrics and encryption based Personal Identification Verification (PIV) Smartcard technology.
- Confidential Real-time Stock Market Trades Surveillance, Regulatory, and Reporting system projects.
System/Platforms: UNIX (RS/6000, Sun Solaris, XENIX, VAX), Linux, WebSphere, WebLogic, Windows, OS/2, AS/400, DOS, VM, MVS (IBM 3090, 370, Tandem, VMS/VAX-11, PDP-11, RMX-11, UNIVAC 1100), ISO/OSI, TCP/IP, X.400/X.500, SS7, SNA, X.25/X.3/X.75, APPC, ISDN, ATM, DirectTalk/6000, WAN, Kermit, OS/2
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Senior Member of Professional Staff (Sr. Test Automation Engineering)
- Worked on the Confidential project to automate testing of the WAAM, RES, ESAF, RES and EM-IMPORTS2 applications in Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Analyzed MARCS application requirements, proposed test automation strategy, methodology and implementation plans.
- Developed and implemented hybrid Test Automation Framework (TAF) based on the keyword and data-driven design to optimize reusability and maintainability of test assets and artifacts. Developed object-oriented automation scripts to perform smoke, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Developed automation test module libraries, utility and functional libraries, keyword design, spreadsheet-based test automation scripts, XML data tags, and test data from concept through the implementation.
- Created the QTP test automation code and tools using VBScript, HTML DOM, SQL, XML DOM, XPATH, RunScript, Descriptive Programming, web applications, services, DBMS and various object identification and manipulation techniques.
- Executed the automated scripts to identify the bugs and issues in software builds in each sprint and generated test reports.
- Developed manual test cases, QA processes and methodologies, test plans, system test reports and peer review processes.
- Also led and mentored a small test team.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Designed and developed test automation framework from concepts through the implementation stage for Confidential Biometrics Identification (IDENT) system to automate time-consuming manual test cases.
- Specified automation test system architecture, implementation strategy, and created a modular and extensible test system that resulted in saving significant testing costs, time, and resources for the customer.
- Implemented Keyword-based Test Automation Framework on QTP. Created automation tools, functional framework, object-oriented VBScript functions, UNIX, and Oracle SQL scripts for Confidential platform based on UNIX/Linux, WebLogic, Java, XML, PERL, HTTP, PL/SQL, VBScript, QTP and QC platforms.
- Worked on the development, execution and validation of over 700 complex automated test scripts,
- Created a Keyword-based test automation language to convert complex manual test cases to the spreadsheet-based automated test cases using the developed language.
- The automated test case spreadsheets were executed on QTP repeatedly for functional, system, and regression testing.
- Developed automation test case software on QTP in ExpertView using the Object-oriented (OO) VBScript, Oracle SQL and UNIX scripts, XML DOM objects, and Perl.
- Developed testing plans, SQL scripts, and automation tools for testing of server based back-end software.
- Delivered the automation products to the IV&V vendor group for independent validation, and to other project teams to execute and regression test the IDENT software releases automatically overnight.
- As a senior member within the test automation team, analyzed system test requirements and performed testability analysis.
- Conducted training sessions and mentored junior team members, test automation code reviews.
- Prepared status reports, presentations, test planning, recommended actions and solutions to meet the DHS objectives and goals.
- Performed task scheduling, problem troubleshooting and closure with resolution. Coordinated and interacted with cross-organization teams, and senior management of various project partners.
Senior QA Engineer/Analyst
- Worked on RAPIDS (Real-time Automated Personnel Identification Data System) to develop state-of-the-art Smartcard (CAC) technology based on Personal Identification Verification (PIV) Identity Management system based on Biometrics, PKI, JAVA, J2EE, XML, UNIX, Oracle, SUN Solaris, WebLogic, Web Services, .NET, ActivCard technologies and used for personnel information, benefits, biometrics, and medical records implemented on Oracle DBMS. As a Test Automation Lead, developed automation test plans, detailed test design specifications, test system implementation strategy. Created test automation platforms and developed WinRunner (WR) test scripts and tools in Expert View (mostly).
- Worked on business, functional, system and performance requirement testability analysis. Worked out the requirement defects, ambiguities, errors, redundancies and gaps. Created high-level and detailed test plans from the final requirements.
- Developed UNIX based test cases, test scripts, algorithms, and tools for Fingerprint Authentication application (MEPCOM/MFDI). Performed functional, regression and end-to-end testing involving DMDC DBMS (Oracle).
- Developed test plans, test scenarios, traceability matrix, QA processes for manual and automated testing of GUI based C/S software releases. Conducted formal design, code, QA, and test case peer reviews using six-sigma.
- Developed and executed Oracle SQL queries and test scripts. Developed and executed end-to-end system test cases, role-based user authentication and access privilege test algorithms, and utility and device driver testing scripts and tools.
- Manual Testing: Developed and executed complex functional, regression, back-end, end-to-end, and system integration test case scenarios. Developed requirements-to-test scenario mapping. Performed debugging and troubleshooting, root cause analysis, defect tracking, and reporting. Recommended alternative solutions for the problems to stakeholders. Reported findings and escalated unresolved issues. Developed QA processes using elements of six sigma, CMMI approach.
- As a senior technical lead engineer, planned, developed, and coordinated test activities. Performed requirement, system, and testability analysis. Evaluated automated tool vendors (Mercury, Borland, Rational, and Compuware), their product portfolios, and costs for SDLC management (requirements, test, defects, and system development) tools.
- Test Lead ( ): Conducted test readiness reviews, and independently evaluated team work products, assessed quality, tracked project deliverables, ensured compliance with established development procedures, policies, and best practices. Performed task estimation, allocations, scheduling, estimation, status reporting, and presentations. Performed software delivery risk assessment for go-no-go decisions. Interacted with project teams and worked with developers to investigate the problems, wrote change request reports, and validated software fixes.
- Evaluated automation test tools (QTP, WinRunner, QC, TestPartner, SILK, Rational) and prepared feasibility reports to acquire appropriate automation tools for the organization.
Senior System Consultant
- Developed system and software requirement specifications, architecture, design, and business process logic for modernization of the Confidential Stock Exchange Real-time Trading technology platform .
- Conducted critical reviews with the stock exchange management, articulated the proposed solutions, incorporated customer feedback, and delivered final solution for implementation to the customer within schedules.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Senior Software Consultant
- Performed requirements engineering and analysis using Rational Requisite Pro 7.01 and IEEE standards.
- Developed automated test tools, scripts, and programs in WR, QTP 6.1 using VBScript and created and executed LoadRunner 7.6 performance evaluation scripts using the designed performance evaluation criteria for system stress, peak loads, and user and network response times.
- Developed Java API interface test driver programs using Java on Oracle and Sun platform.
- Developed QA processes, test plans, test cases, test scripts, traceability matrix for manual and automated tests.
- Performed functional, system, regression, user acceptance testing manually and with automation tools.
- Executed manual and automated test scripts in TestDirector. Developed complex SQL queries and test procedures for Oracle and Sybase databases.
- Performed defect reporting and tracking using Rational ClearQuest.
- Participated in performing test case reviews, and inspections.
- Mentored junior team members (interns).
- Performed task scheduling, execution, tracking, and delivery.
- Provided recommendations to management for go/no-go decisions on defects for software releases.
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
- Designed and developed Voice XML Test Suite - software and tools for IBM Voice Browser (VB) and wireless voice activated telephony product testing (on AIX, VXML, DB2, Websphere/Studio, Nuance Speech Recognition Server, and Cisco VCO4K, Java, C++).
- Designed, developed and coded numerous VXML test programs to comprehensively test the VB platform.
- Developed and documented test plans and specifications, test cases, test scripts and QA procedures using CMMI approach.
- Delivered various software releases within schedules.
- Worked on IBM DirectTalk/6000, Cisco VCO4K switch, and DB2 based iVP product development project.
- Provided lead role - designed and developed DirectTalk/6000 (AIX/6000) state table logic programs and tools to test and debug call processing, 2-way and multiple-leg call establishment and termination API functions.
- Designed, coded, debugged, implemented and executed various test programs.
- Performed hands-on functional, system and regression testing.
- Troubleshot the iVP telephony functions for various IBM telephony products.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- As a lead performance engineering analyst, performed network and application performance analysis, stress, and load testing.
- Developed LoadRunner based test tools, programs and scripts to evaluate performance of Metasolve TBS Order Management and Workflow application implemented on Sun Solaris 2.6, Oracle 8.0 server platform, and Windows NT clients. Designed and implemented performance testing platform.
- Developed system performance specifications, test databases, and simulated the application and network traffic loads, and executed test scenarios.
- Designed, programmed, and executed LoadRunner and WinRunner test scripts.
- Presented test results, system improvement strategies and recommendations to management.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Lead the System Analysis and Quality Control (QC) team on Surveillance Delivery Real-time (SDR) Confidential MarketWatch System to monitor and regulate very high volume and high-speed stock trading transactions.
- Performed requirements analysis, developed detailed functional, system, regression and user acceptance test plans, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), test case, test script, test data, and test result documents for functional, system, regression, and Y2K-compliance testing of client-server SDR application (Windows/NT, SQL Server, TCP/IP, TIBCO, NW II, Intel, and Unisys server platforms).
- Developed failure and disaster recovery (switchover), stress, and peak load performance test scenarios.
- Also, performed QA and testing for the Client/server based NASD regulatory applications (CRD, PCADS, RRCONTED, EC&CS, Web IRIS) implemented on UNIX, ORACLE, SUN, and Tandem.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Principal Engineer and Owner
- Established a computer consulting services business and provided consulting services to various blue-chip clients in the computer industry.