- Over 15 years of diversified experience in field of Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing/Analysis of Java, Java Beans, J2EE, Unix, Dot net, C#, Oracle 8,8I, 9I, 10g SQL, PL SQL, C, C++ based software.
- Completed variety of manual and automated testing processes, using testing tools, Test Director, Quality Center, Win Runner, Load runner, Quick Test Pro & Rational Tools.
- Lot of experience is on Client Server/LAN/Web & J2EE, MS .Net environment. I have comprehensive exposure in analyzing, executing testing and quality assurance solutions for software products, Creation/modification of test plans/scripts, test execution, analyzes requirements.
- Extensive experience in Testing of Web based applications, which include .Net, Client Server and CRM Applications, back end testing. GUI - Based Client.
- Experience in every phase of SDLC and expertise in performing different kinds of testing like Black Box Testing, Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Data Driven Testing, Modular Testing, Backend Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Regression Testing.
- Working experience in ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator) and Business Intelligent tools (Business Objects)
- Proficient in analyzing Business/System Requirement documents,
- Writing and executing Test Cases, Test Plans, Reporting and Tracking Defects. Strong understanding of object oriented methodologies software development life cycle (SDLC), agile methodology. Creating ‘Data Setups’.
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance of multi-tier systems, Client/server systems and Web Applications/Sites including testing large enterprise software applications
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix ( RTM ), Defect Report , Weekly Status Reports, Test Summary Reports and Test Readiness Review documents
- Excellent team player with strong written, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
Hardware: IBM PC/LAN/IBM 36/IBM 370/HP-3000/SUN SPARK/VAX/PDP-11/HP 2.17 /Client Server, Various Networking Environments
Testing Tools: WinRunner 8, Quick Test Pro8.0 & 9.0,10 Test Director 7.0x/8.0, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center 9.0, Load Runner 8. /9.0, SQA Manager, SQA Robot, Rational Test Manager, SOAP UI
Languages: VB 6.0, VB 10 Scripts, SQL, SQL+, PL/SQL, TSL., VB.NET, C, C++, C#, Cobol
Data Bases: Oracle DB 11,Application Server 9i, 10g, 11g, (Related Portals and Client), Enterprise Manager, MS SQLServer 2005/2008, ODBC, PeopleSoft Financial Enterprise
Web Servers: Web Logic, IIS, Apache. MS IIS 6, Oracle Web Tier
Version Control: Visual Source Safe, PVCS Version Manager, Rational Clear Case, Share Point, Star Team
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista.7 MS-DOS, Unix Scripting, Unix AIX 4.1 & 6.2, 7.2 HP 10.6 Solaris 7,9,10 Sun 5.7 Motif
Browsers: Internet Explorer 7,8 &9, Netscape Navigator, Firefox
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, Hummingbird
Office Suites: VISIO, MS-Outlook, MS-Office 2003,2007, MS Project 2003,Remote Desktop, Win SCP, ETL
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Completed a short-term project as one of the team member of Software Testing and Quality Assurance Team.
- Responsibilities included studying and analyzing application module, creating test scripts, testing, reporting bugs, creating test reports, and attending team meetings on their Grants Management software.
- Testing included both front end and back end validation. It was an agile testing methodology.
- Application was developed in dot.net environment with back end MS SQL. Testing process involved both manual and automated tools - HP Suites QC, QTP
- Used Quality Center as defect tracking and bug fixing tool. Prepared change requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Generated Bug Reports and Test case coverage reports for status meeting and involved in resource planning for test cases coverage
- Performing regression testing in various stages of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Tested web pages, database connections, forms used in the web pages for submitting data to database and links to open reports from the web pages
Confidential, Washington DC
- Participated in meeting with integrated project team on various software and patches releases
- Attended the Requirement Analysis and knowledge sharing session with business analyst and SME’s.
- Participation in the Simulated User Acceptance Testing (SUAT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created and Presented Test Summary report
- Created Test Data Setup for the New Instance to test the application (IV&V Test Environment).
- Efficiently developed Test Cases using SWRS, VDID, Use Cases, and Data Elements.
- Participated in the Team Review Meeting, Peer Review for their various release
- Presentation of Test cases/Scripts to the Client’s highlighting Critical Defects, Issues and VATAS System Improvement Recommendations from user‘s point of view. SME’s, BA’s and Stakeholder from the IV&V perspective.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix, Test Planning and scenarios to execute the
- End-to-End test execution.
- Efficiently executing Functional Test Cases, Backend Test, ETL Capturing Defects and reporting.
- Conducting Regression testing to validate the functionality after the remediation of defects,
- Section 508 Testing to test the accessibility and functionality.
- Utilized CM tools to store test Documents into the Shared Repository
- Created SQL queries to extract view and analyze on from database in Oracle 10g.
- Software Testing, Identified Test Cases for FERC developed various applications (eTariff, Ferconline, DAMS, eSubscription, eLibrary etc) according to their Technical Specification.
- Functional Design and Use Case documents. Creating and executed test scripts, analyzing documentation, executed back end testing, front end testing, functional testing, security testing, GUI testing, Reports Testing, Black box Testing, Regression Testing, Creating Test Data, Writing SCR/bugs.
- Verifying defect fixes, developing various test related documents. Attending meeting with Developers and SME’s Creating Benchmarks and Analyzing Results of end users.
- Participating in walkthrough and presentations. These activities involved using CM tools, testing tools and defect reporting tools (These applications were developed in Windows XP, Vista, Visual Basic 6.0, .net, SQL Server 2005, XML Support, and Internet Explorer environment. I have excellent understanding of java, and .NET and C#, ASP.NET. Used HP’s Quality Center, QTP Load Runner with Vu Gen scripts
- Executed queries in MySQL to verify the validity of the data
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Business Objects Reports.
- Validated Database Integrity testing by executing SQL statements
- Involved in testing the UI applications
- Performed end to end testing by dropping the files and generating the output file