- To find work as a mainframe Quality Assurance Analyst to prove my capabilities, and eventually return to mainframe development. I will work at a much lower pay rate to prove myself capable while making my old skills current.
QA Analyst / Technical Writer
- Agile / Scrum methodology used for all product planning and development.
- Usage of Virtual Machines (VM) for testing multiple operating platforms (2003 and 2008 Servers), installing server applications that are both web and console based.
- Manual testing methodologies include: Black box for user interface testing, Gray box and White box for data testing, OS testing and Regression testing.
- Automated testing include: Smoke tests for software installations and Sanity testing for general testing. TestComplete by AutomatedQA using VBScript.
- Use of Testtrack to maintain all aspects of defects, test cases and test plans for the Messaging software product,
- Working knowledge using Microsoft SQL Server, Access and registry keys as backend databases.
- Participate in Messaging forum to assist customer issues and questions.
- Working and collaborating with all team members (Developers, Product Manager, and other QA Engineers).
- Maintain technical documents for all Messaging Help products, to include HTML, CHM, and PDF for context sensitive Help, Getting Started Guides, Release Notes, and White Papers.
- Maintain usability of product when new features are added for user interface to maintain good functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Experienced with AuthorIT, Adobe Standard, and Snagit for publishing all Help documents.
- Familiar with AuthorIT templates, HTML, XML and CSS in association with publishing Word documents, PDF and HTML Help files.
Consulting / Systems Analyst
- Worked on - site and telecommuted with Confidential in Bristol, TN. Maintained UNIX System utilizing MCBA Classic software in an online environment using “vi” text editor and RM/COBOL-85. Worked with users to complete projects and assignments in the following areas: Inventory Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Sales and Customer Order Processing systems.
- Created EXCEL macros to improve data integrity for clients importing mainframe data manually. Powerpoint used for presentations, Outlook for client communications, and Microsoft Word to document all program modifications and to log all work completed.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Developed new systems using COBOL, DB2 in an online environment with IMS DC. Involving the full software life-cycle (Customer interviewing, designing, coding, testing, implementatation, documentation and maintenance).
- Documented and created User’s Guide on several online systems, using Microsoft Word.
- Production Support Analyst for all financial accounting systems with local AS400 & remote IBM mainframes using COBOL, IMS DC, VSAM, VM/MVS, Easytrieve, TSO/ISPF, and JCL.
- Maintained AS400 & IBM mainframe systems in the following areas: All financial accounting systems, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Bill of Material, and Labor Billing.
- Data modeled, programmed, pilot tested and implemented online and batch systems.
- Responsible for training new Systems Analysts in TSO/ISPF, Easytrieve, and JCL. Also provided training for IMS Systems and Lotus 1-2-3.
- Implemented the following Corporate Systems: Payroll, Accounts/Payable, Human Resources Retirement and Benefits.