- Over four years of Experience in IT with emphasis in Software Quality Assurance involving manual and automated testing of Data warehouse applications, web applications, legacy systems and client/server applications.
- Strong experience in creation of test plan, test cases, test scripts, test procedures based on business requirements.
- Adept at using tools like Mercury Quality Center, SharePoint, QTP, Clear Quest, Clear Case, MS Excel, MS Access, Visio, TOAD and DB2 Mainframes.
- Very Strong in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing, Data Validation and Report Validation. Good Knowledge of UNIX and Autosys.
- Performed and Coordinated User Acceptance Test according (UAT), Integration testing, functional testing, back end, regression as per the requirements.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and meetings
Operating System: MS Windows XP/2000/NT, UNIX.
App Platforms: J2EE, C, ASP .net, SQL
Testing Tools: QTP 8.2,Test Director 7.2/8.0, Informatica8.6
Bug Tracking Tool: PVCS, Rational Clear Quest, Web Defect Manager, Quality Center
Design Tools: Unified Modeling Language(UML) 1.0, Rational Rose, Oracle Designer 6.0
Databases: Oracle7.x/8i, MS: SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000 , DB2 and MS - Access.
GUI: Visual Basic 6.0/5.0.
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports 7.0, Business Objects
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Responsible for Front end and back end testing of different interfaces of the application.
- Wrote SQL Queries using TOAD and mainframes DB2, for data analysis and to ensure data integrity.
- Analysis of Business requirements and making use cases and Testing of tool profiler module
- Documented test scenarios and test cases for system testing and maintained Test Plans, Test Cases and logged defects using Quality Center.
- Performed Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Used DOORS to track requirements
- Used Altova XMLspy to format and validate files, which are used between different interfaces in testing the application.
- Close Interaction with Business Objects developers in creating Report requirements, defining Universe and creating adhoc reporting structure
- Used Share Point to maintain Project related documents.
- Created mock data for system testing covering various business scenarios and test events.
- Performed UAT, functional testing for conducting real time scenarios
- Prepared SQL scripts to generate various test metrics using Quality Center Dashboard to be presented to upper management.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Core responsibility involved manually testing the application under test (AUT).
- Developed, implemented and executed test methodologies and plans to ensure software product quality.
- Analyzed user requirements and documented test requirements using TestDirector using the requirements module.
- Prepared detailed test plan and test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements for manual and automated testing.
- Defining and performing the Test strategies and associated scripts for the verification and validation of the application and ensuring that it meets all defined business requirements and associated functionality.
- Extensive Involvement, in End-to-End UAT Testing, Back-end Database Testing.
- Created Mock Up Production Like Data For UAT
- Created the strategy document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required conducting the effort.
- Keep track of the Daily Defects Status with the help of QA Metrics.
- Worked with Users on the User Acceptance Testing(UAT) for different modules of the test applications
- User Interface testing was done to validate so that the navigation of the application
- Properly reflects business functions and requirements, including window-to-window, screen- to-screen, image-to-image, field-to-field and use of access methods.
- Performed Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing to check the application is error prone according the requirement specifications.
- Performed Installation Testing to check whether the application is viable on different systems like Desktop, Laptops.
- Data and Database integrity testing was done to ensure contents of data files/database are accurate for testing purposes and free from data corruption or omissions.
Confidential, Raleigh, NCQA Tester
- Analyzed the Business and System Requirements of the Application.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan, Test scripts for the Application.
- Involved in the Manual/Automated Testing.
- Generated Test Scripts for functional testing.
- Extensively used Test Director for reporting.
- Browser compatibility testing for JAVA SCRIPT, HTML.
- Enhanced and modified the scripts according to the test case scenarios.
- Parameterized the scripts and enhanced them according to the use case.
- Performed regression testing for the application.
- Generated Data Driven scripts that access the backend database.
- Used Test Director to invoke the scripts and initially performed the baseline testing and organized all the scripts systematically and generated reports.
- Responsible for performing Load Test and Stress Test.
- Different Loads at the increments of 10 starting from 5Virtual Users 20 Iterations to 250 Virtual Users were ramped until it reached 80% CPU.
- Also analyzed the Load Runner reports to calculate Response time and Transactions per Second (TPS).
- Interacted with developers for analysis of the application.