- 5 years of IT experience in the field of Software Quality with expertise in Automation and Manual Testing.
- Expert using Selenium, Webdriver Java API.
- Expert developing automation testing framework using selenium, webdriver by following java.
- Designed Automation test framework by following Model, View and Controller approach.
- Expert in Testing Life Cycle (TLC): Including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Flexible and able to work with multiple priorities and collaboratively with Development, Business and QA team.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers and non - technical personnel.
- Experience with Agile Scrum and Waterfall and TDD (Test Driven Development) methodology.
- Experience in implementation of Test Plans, Designing, Developing the Test Procedures and Test cases for the projects developed using GUI Tools, Client/Server and UNIX. Writing Test Scripts for Client/Server, Web applications using Java, VB, SQL etc.
- Well versed in all stages of testing and SDLC implemented using Waterfall, Iterative and Agile Methodologies etc.
- Experience in Business Functionality Testing, User Interface testing, Unit testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End-to-end Testing, Manual Testing, UAT Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Documentation and Reporting.
- Experience in reviewing of business requirements and design documentation for completeness and testability.
- Ability to create test cases with or without business requirements and design documents.
- Ability to execute and manage test cases; enter and manage defects to completion.
- Excellent experience in Software Testing in Client Server Application and Web based application using Manual Testing Techniques and Automated open source Testing Tools.
- Flexible and willing to adjust to operational pressures, often at short-notice.
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrate ownership of all assigned tasks and projects, delivering status updates to management and stakeholders regularly. Includes escalating issues and risks as appropriate.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong expertise in establishing QA policies, procedures, strategies, metrics, developing appropriate process and team to ensure the quality of products.
- Good knowledge of all stages of software developmental life cycle (SDLC) and software testing life cycle (STLC), software developmental methodologies like waterfall model, V model and Agile methodologies.
- Hands on Experience in preparing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Execution.
- Experience in database query manipulation. SQL, PL/SQL statements, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Experienced in working closely with the clients and the project managers to analyze the client requirements and build project specification.
- Experience in Performance, Database Testing, Functional Testing, Stress Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, System Testing and Unit Testing.
- Professional experience in designing Test Cases and Test Scripts for Windows, Java, Oracle and UNIX environments.
- Expertise in analyzing the results and reporting suggestions and defects.
Programming Languages: JAVA, VBScript
Project/Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center, Trac, Jira, Bugzilla
Functional Test Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, WebDriverBackedSelenium, Quick Test Pro
Performance Testing tools: JMeter, HP load Runner
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Firepath, Xpath, Xpather
Test Framework: JUnit, testNG
Build Tool: Ant
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Application: MS Office
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Designed and Developed automation script using Selenium and webdriver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and webdriver.
- Verified requirements coverage by conducting walkthrough meetings of Test plan and scenarios with business analysts, project manager and test supervisors.
- Created Master Test plan, Test strategy, critical scenarios and Test Scripts and schedule for testing.
- Performed necessary requirements inspection, design inspection, Test plan and case creation, Test environment / data setup, testing and reporting during various phases of the Testing life cycle.
- Created traceability matrix and mapped requirements to Test Cases.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results worked with technical designers and architects to understand the requirements for a test environment setup.
- Created scripts for Regression, Security, GUI, Integration and Database testing.
- Interacted with Developers and management to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Conducted GUI, Functional, Front-end back end testing and reviewed pages for content problems, graphics problems and link verifications.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries in Oracle database.
- Created SQL scripts to test the stored procedures by sending different sets of input parameters.
- Ran SQL queries to performed database validation according to the business logic.
- Developed Integration and System test cases using Quality Center.
- Tracked and reported defects into Quality Center and notified management with details.
- Written, executed Test cases, and documented defects in the Quality Center.
- Solved day-to-day problems of the team arising due to functionality and validation issues.
- Analyzed root-cause for defects and documented.
- Partnered with the Software Development and Program Management teams to investigate and resolve product defects.
- Managed software defect information, interacted with Business users to fix severity and priority of issues.
- Attended daily Scrum Meetings.
- Participated in weekly project status meeting and updated the testing Progress.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to writing detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Performed specification analysis, created test cases, test plans, tested software applications, and logged defects, worked with development team in resolving defects and assisted in production issues resolution & re-testing.
- Collaborated with business analysts to understand and help clarify requirements and assess testability.
- Reviewed and Walked-through High Level requirements, Detailed Requirements and design documents.
- Designed High Level Test Cases or Scenarios that map back to High Level Requirements and Use Cases.
- Designed Detailed Functional, Integration, and System Test Cases that map back to detailed requirements.
- Searched for, collected, and organized test data referenced from test cases.
- Conducted Test Case Walkthroughs to achieve consensus on Test Case correctness & completeness.
- Executed and managed functional, integration, and system test cases.
- Recorded and managed defects.
- Assisted BA by providing test cases for use at the User Acceptance Test Level.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium, WebDriver, WebDriverBackedSelenium.
- Defect testing and exploratory testing/Adhoc testing was performed after each build.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Provided back end testing for data validation using SQL.
- Extensively executed SQL Queries on database tables to verify the database.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium .
- Took part in Triage Meetings with the required parties after defect analysis to prioritize defect resolution. Test Cases were executed in Trac .
- Utilized Trac for tracking test requirements, test plans, defects and communicating them among the team members and developers.
- Reported the Coverage status of test performed on the daily/weekly basis.
- Run the Automated Regression suite and analyzed results and file bugs
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Analyzed business requirements, business rules, created test plan and detailed test cases for projects.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfy all required project’s test conditions.
- Executed Test cases and participated actively in system testing and regression testing for the Web Based application as well as the Windows based application.
- Worked with the QA Manager in developing Responsibility Matrices for the Team Members periodically.
- Attended Business reviews and Functional walkthroughs and identified the functional problems in the Application under Test.
- Distributed work amongst the Team and coordinated the team.
- Validated the data in the database by using SQL quarries.
- Performed Backend Testing by Executing SQL Queries against Oracle and SQL database.
- Extensively used SQL to perform Data integrity testing and checking the integrity of UI data with Database Data.
- Used SQL and PL/SQL Query to test the Database updates and Modifications.
- Responsible for creating automation script with QTP using VB Script for conducting functional and regression testing on saelsforce.com and various other projects.
- Used Descriptive Programming of QTP to code the operation of objects that appear in dynamic data frames, whose property changes and not always matches.
- Enhanced the script by inserting checkpoints for checking objects, pages, Text and tables in the website Using QTP.
- Executed Regression test suite on each build and for different states using QTP.
- Developed user defined function, check points, datasheets, and Object repository using QTP.
- Guided the Team for their day to day activities and preparing them to reach the deadlines.
- Preparation and Review of End-to-End Test Scenarios/Test Cases, Coverage matrix and Test Data.
- Used Clear Case as configuration management tool to track the status of the requirement.
- Created test cases and executed different releases using Rational Test Manager and validated the actual results against the expected results.
- Documented project related work and new findings for future reference and to make the new comers and junior members’ job easier.
- Actively participated in Teleconferencing with the clients, sponsors and end users every week regarding the progress of the project.
- Led the team to perform User Acceptance Test.
- Managed the project activities on a daily basis and conducted meetings with the managers on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for the Team performance, and preparing & submitting the graphs and metrics to the higher management.
- Participated in UAT support and interacted with clients to help to do theirs testing done in UAT.