- Looking for a challenging environment where I can utilize my technical and analytical skills in Software QA Testing to provide a good software product to end users.
- A Solution driven, capable and committed Test Engineer with 2+ Years of experience and proven ability to meet the agreed deadlines, co - ordinate work with in the testing team & project team. \
- Focused on any task assigned and be able to utilize existing test knowledge and experiences to come up with practical solutions and alternatives for testing processes.
- Work in defined testing methodologies within a structured environment.
- Having first class executive leadership, negotiating and communicating skills and capable of providing authoritative guidance and advice to both in house and third party test teams.
- Good experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Familiarity with multiple development and testing methodologies like V-Model, Waterfall, Agile etc.
- Very good experience with developing test plan, test cases and RTM (Requirement traceability Matrix)
- Experience with preparing test data by executing SQL queries and joins.
- Good Experience in writing SQL queries using TOAD and other tools based on the need.
- Practical experience with Quality Center / HP ALM to develop Test plan, test cases, executing test cases in Test lab, and creating and tracking defects in Defects module.
- Experience with preparing reports to track the execution of Test cases and defects.
- Good Team player, good analytical skills, problem solving skills, communication skills.
- Good experience with UNIX / Linux commands, FTP Tools like WinSCP, File zilla etc.
- Familiar with Shell script, putty tool, VI editor.
- Expeience with QTP / HP UFT to develop automation scripts in VB SCript.
- Exprienece with QTP - Object repository, Checkpoints, Actions, Functions, output value, parameterization, transactions, desc programming, OBject spy, function library.
- Experience with different testing methodologies.
- Experience with Regression testing, User acceptance testing,(UAT), Functional testing, blackbox testing techniques, SYstem testing, Unit testing, Smoke testing, sanity testing, performance testing, load testing, stress testing, Exploratory testing, browser compatibility testing, integration testing, cross browser testing,
- Exprienece with data driven testing,
- Experience with HP Loadrunner - VUGen, Controller and ANalysis tools for performance testing (NOn-Functional Testing)
Testing tools: Quality Center, ALM, HP QTP(Quick Test Professional) 11.5, LoadRunner11.5, Toad
Database: Oracle, MS SQL
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Linux
Tools: Filezilla, PUtty, Winscp
Microsoft Tools: MS word, Powerpoint, Excel
Browsers: Internet explorer, Moziall firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Worked in waterfall model SDLC environment.
- Reviewed Requirements documents/User Stories.
- Tested Customer module, payment module
- Developed and executed test cases for transfer amount module
- Executed test cases on payment module, schedule module, add account module
- Attended daily standup meetings
- Developed Test plan and test cases for all the user stories.
- Develop Master Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test cases, Traceability Matrix, Test Scripts and Test Reports on multiple projects of varying size and leading the project testing in accordance for success.
- Coordinating with interfacing systems business owners and IT professionals on project basis to identify the business & testing impacts on various interacting systems
- Prepared test data by executing SQL queries and Joins.
- Exported Test Cases using Mercury Excel add-in into Quality Center and converted them into Test Scenarios for automating in Test Plan and Test Lab module
- Executed Test cases in Quality Center / ALM - Test Lab.
- Created Defects, reported defects and tracked with the team.
- Executed SQL queries to compare the data in database with GUI.
- UNIX / Linux commands Executed.
- Transferred files from UNIX / Linux to Windows using FTP tools like Filezilla / WinScp.
- Developed RTM to trace the req with test cases.
- Involved in Functional testing, Regression testing, UAT, Smoke Testing, Integration testing.
- Involved in Browser compatibility testing.
- Generated reports for test case execution and defect status reports.
- Worked with automation team to identify regression test cases.
- Executed automation test scripts developed in QTP validated results. Review & update Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Automation Scripts.
- Parameterized dynamic data with base line test data for each load and developed Recovery scenarios for a smooth run when scheduled over 200 scripts in Test Lab module Test Sets.
- Maintained SQL queries to perform testing on the oracle database.
- Enhanced Scripts by putting Check Points like standard checkpoints, Text Checkpoint, output values by putting Text Area output value Check point, passing values between actions if the scripts needs.
- Generated Project status reports thru Quality Center and Document Generator for team meetings and Management review.
- Developed Automation Scripts that runs around 200 to 4000 test cases in a single run without any exceptions in UAT or regression testing.
- Manual testing for new functionality and automating them for next runs to reduce testing effort and time using Quick Test Professional.
- Enhanced QTP Scripts for every next run to support new and existing functionality for the application for System, Integration and Regression testing phases.
- Stress and Load (Performance) Testing on the web-based application using Load runner to determine the reliability and capacity of the server.
- Generate, evaluate & publish and report on the quality and status of testing deliverables for end to end testing.