- 14+ years’ IT and healthcare leadership and consulting experience. Valued subject matter expert providing expertise in:
- Healthcare Informatics Information Assurance System Transformation
- Big Data Analytics Software Engineering Strategic Planning
- The fire in my belly drives high performance results — transformed agency processes, secure systems, and organizational and personnel change in healthcare. Track record for positively impacting healthcare operations in areas of training; clinical services, EMR, EDI/HL7, policy, and back - office administration.
- Ideally suited to senior-level opportunities in healthcare information technology.
Senior Information Systems Manager
- Used Arthur Anderson’s Project Management methodology. Gathered the IT requirements for all clinical, accounting, and administrative functions and developed a 3-year strategic plan - new systems included best-in-class solutions for accounting (GL, A/R, A/P), e-commerce, electronic medical record (EMR), Health Level 7 (HL7), and electronic data interface (EDI) for health insurance billing.
- Evaluated, purchased, and introduced emerging technologies such as voice recognition software and optical storage of patient documentation that enabled clinical staff to save time and improve delivery of clinical care.
- Worked directly with 3rd-party national reimbursement programs including Medicare and Medicaid - coordinated with fiscal intermediaries and carriers to facilitate accurate billing and claims processing. Conducted live product testing and training (EDI submission) during systems remediation and HIPAA transactions testing.
- Experienced with benefits coding: Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, Medicaid, Medicare supplements Deductibles, and Co-insurance.
- Trained medical and administrative staff on enterprise computer system for billing, reconciliation, claims transmission, and electronic medical record (EMR) system.
Senior Healthcare Analyst
- Enabled HMO to increase its competitiveness and increase revenues by 1) automating nine new managed care benefit plans offered to the public and employer groups and 2) supporting a new joint- venture dental HMO.
- Recognized for conducting a needs assessment, including time-motion study, to improve the existing billing system - prepared Yourdon data flow diagrams and evaluated 3rd-party project scheduling software.