- Analyst, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Software Tester, Automation Tester, Test Lead,
- Senior Quality Leader providing 17+ years of successful quality management and production quality control. Proficient in functional, negative, regression, system integration (SIT), acceptance (UAT), load/performance, security, browser compatibility and performance testing.
- Strong SDLC background. Provides project test planning, test development, test execution, release test planning, and various service activities within the Quality Assurance group.
- An operations streamlining expert increasing efficiency and improving overall product quality.
- Coordinated and implemented immediate changes to program scope as needed.
- Served as the principal analyst/engineer in fast paced, high degree of confidence environments
- Team Leader - supervised team of up to 7 individuals in the training, installation, database build and live support of banking software development project
- Proven ability to participate in requirements gathering and analysis, validation and verification, ensuring requirements statements are complete, consistent, traceable and verifiable.
- Proven ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support the project.
- Experience working with JAVA software development principles, XML and Relational Database
Proficient use of the following tools: Rational's Test Manager, ClearQuest & ClearCase; IBM's Quality Manager & Requirements Manager; Mercury Interactive's Test Director & Win Runner; Segue’s SILK Test, PVCS Tracker, Problem Tracker, CMVC, Microsoft Professional Suite, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, TOAD, Visual SourceSafe, SharePoint, CVS
Configuration Management Specialist
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Maintain version control and bug tracking database showing all noncompliance issues and defect notification campaigns currently underway and the progress made by teams in bringing their products to compliance.
- Maintained daily uploads for reports with key error checking and validation methods.
- Performed complex administrative and analytical tasks in support role for the iFECS program
- Compiled release versions and build patches for custom applications using Concurrent Versions System (CVS) source control software.
- Performs Configuration Management (CM) for client software to be deployed.
- Manages software builds and labels, report metrics and verify outputs prior to releasing to test environments
- Configures, manage and maintain the CM tools used; provide customer service to users. CM tools may include but are not limited to ClearCase, ClearQuest for a mixed platform environment.
- Recommend effective CM policies and practices including, but not limited to, branching/baseline strategies, development workflows and release strategies.
- Implement, document, and maintain software build and configuration management scripts.
- Tested software images developed by IT infrastructure colleagues.
- Installed and maintained iFECS for the customer and software development teams
- Provided special attention to details by defining the appropriate steps needed to compile, extract, verify, and maintain source code between developers, CM and OCIO.
Configuration Management Lead
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Directed the activities of other CM Engineers in a time sensitive environment
- Responsible for configuring all software being promoted to development, test and production environments
- Interpreted, synthesized, staffed and presented results and recommendations to senior level stakeholders
- Performed software builds and applied labels to all internal software builds
- Verified outputs before releasing software builds to test environments and production staging areas
- Administered Configuration Management (CM) tools to enable stakeholders to work effectively
- Assist in quantitative analysis of source control processes, issues and policy recommendations.
- Developed and managed version and release documentation for all software releases
- Worked independently and had the authority and autonomy to make decisions within the scope of my responsibilities
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible for leading the analysis, testing, and maintenance of an enterprise wide system built on various technology utilizing Windows Server, WebSphere, Java, Delphi, IBM DB2, and Crystal Reports.
- Develops and updates Test Plans, Test Matrices, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases for all iFECS development projects
- Facilitates and/or participates in structured walk - throughs and peer reviews. Lead/participates in the coordination and execution of release testing
- Works with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results
- Writes intermediate level SQL queries and Interfaces with Database administrators
- Responsible for documenting software change requests found in production systems
- Tracked and monitored change requests; maintained and updated the CCB Master.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Supported by a defined and documented software development process, confirmed client specific products were designed and function according to requirements
- Created and executed functional and regression test scripts for product release and modules under development
- Performed various types of testing, such as functional, regression, performance (load, and stress), user acceptance, negative and installation testing
- Responsible for creating test plans for products under development
- Tested software installations
- Ensured software installation documentation and procedures are correct
Test Lead / Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Largo, MD
- Ensured that Ecommerce software products functioned as defined in requirements
- Determined QA level of effort estimates for major and minor capitalized projects in preparation for steering committee meetings on business initiative planning
- Communicated QA project status, issue tracking and test status to product directors, quality manager, development manager and other project stakeholders with shared documents and dashboards
- Performed Functional, GUI, Regression, Performance (spike), System Integration, User Acceptance, Configuration and content testing for web - based e-commerce application and for Site Pilot content management sub-system
- Functioned as gatekeeper for software deployments to test and production environments by mastering file version reconciliation in Microsoft s Visual SourceSafe for the development, test and production environments
- Resolved file constraints by requesting code merges or eliminating an unnecessary bugs from the push.
- Managed daily maintenance and enhancement defects and made daily testing assignments for a team of seven testers.
- Coordinated testing resources across multiple development shops (back office, finance, automated operations, etc.)
- Managed time for three contractors and approved time for one part time employee
- Assisted QA Director with the development of overall Quality Assurance plans and test resource allocation
- Operated with little supervision, in a lead capacity; supported peers and mentored junior analysts.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Designed and developed of test strategies for our highly scalable banking solutions product.
- Acted as a liaison with project management, business analysts and technical documentation engineers and work closely with other members of the product development team to troubleshoot, debug, and reolve a variety of diverse technical challenges.
- Served as the principal quality assurance engineer
- Mentored peers and junior engineers toward professional certifications
- Generated test status reports and provided characterization, assessment, and documentation of test issues
- Reviewed software requirements and design documents in preparation for writing detailed test plans and designing test suites
- Executed test cases to verify and validate the stability and use-ability of the product for internal and external customers.
- Utilizing 3rd party test tools, I developed, maintained and augmented innovative automated test suites.
- As a senior sustaining engineering analyst, determined test approach for maintenance and emergency releases.
- Established discussion groups for real-time communication of functional coverage issues with test leads
- Reported audit findings and test coverage reports to Core Product QA Manager, Sustaining Engineering Manager and QA Director.