System Analyst / IT Professional with over 15 years of experience in the areas of system analysis, software testing and development, system administration and client support. Experience has been in the areas of banking and medical systems.
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE:
Analyzing and documenting requirements, translating business requirements into technical specifications, functional, integration, and regression testing, and developing and supporting PC applications in a network environment. Extra strengths include: Ability to communicate at all levels within an organization and possessing a wide ranging, high level of technical expertise within the area of software development.
Confidential, Charlottesville, VA
Software Test Engineer
- Served as both Test Lead and Tester on various testing projects:
- As test lead, was responsible for producing project documentation including test plans, traceability matrices and test summary.
- Other test lead responsibilities included reviewing requirements and overseeing the entire testing project using Test Director / Quality Center.
- As tester, was responsible for reviewing requirements, designing test cases, executing test cases, and entering and monitoring defects using Test Director / Quality Center.
- Made major contributions as test lead / tester on testing projects to upgrade our signature product, RALS, a leading hospital data management system used to interface point of care medical devices with the hospital lab system.
- Selected to design test cases for a new web - based data management system to replace RALS.
- Created improved processes utilizing templates and parameterization to make testing more efficient.
- Tied the lead for most number of critical bugs found over a 5 year period.
- Attained the reputation for being able to find bugs ‘that nobody else could find’.
- Developed virtual testing environments using VMware and Microsoft Virtual PC which provided the ability to test on multiple operating system environments using a single PC.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Scheduled production of all financial aid applications on legacy Confidential + mainframe system during the conversion phase to the new Banner system, produced ad hoc reports for the Senior Director of Financial Aid, tested vendor supplied enhancements to Confidential + and provided PC help desk support for 30 financial aid employees.
- Supported the legacy Confidential + mainframe application during the highly successful migration of Financial Aid to the new Banner system.
- Received on SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide and Oracle for supporting the new Banner system.
Confidential, Rockville, VA
- Converted an existing billing system from an Access 2.0 database backend to a new database system.
- Tested and produced material on the new system and provided to users.
- Developed the new application which not only provided needed processing enhancements but also reduced the potential negative business impact due to the continued use of an extremely outdated system.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Senior System Administrator
- Performed system administration duties for the Tracker suite of applications used by Confidential employees for project work in support of the 12 Confidential .
- Reconciled the Confidential project portfolio to the Lawson Financial Accounting System on a monthly basis.
- Provided and nationwide help desk support to the 600 Confidential employees in their use of Time Tracker, Project Tracker, the Confidential Book of Business and data warehouse reporting.
- Designed standard reports for the data warehouse and instructed users in the creation of customized reports.
- Conducted testing related to server upgrades and desktop software fixes.
- Introduced new ideas for performing the monthly project reconciliation process which significantly reduced the amount of time to complete the process.
- Established outstanding rapport with Confidential employees in response to their technical issues which led to a more relaxed working environment.
- Developed tickler system which helped reduce the overall response time on help desk support items thus contributing to an overall increase in project productivity.
- Developed list of top help desk issues and resolutions which I made available to all employees. This helped in reducing the number of help desk calls by 10%.
- Developed simple instructions to assist Confidential employees in designing customized data warehouse reports to better meet their exact reporting needs.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Senior Programmer / Analyst
- Analyzed existing systems and developed new replacement PC applications to meet savings bond processing requirements.
- Provided system and operational support to 100 employees in their use of 20 mainframe and PC applications.
- Developed and supported the internal and external savings bond websites using Dreamweaver and ColdFusion.
- Developed new PC Applications using Visual Basic and Crystal Reports which incorporated processing improvements leading to a more streamlined operation.
- Successfully modified and tested necessary changes to all PC applications related to Y2K project in record time with no reported incidents.
- Developed Savings Bond download site using ColdFusion and Dreamweaver resulting in a $15,000 first year cost savings