- 7 years of experience in Software Testing using Manual and Automated testing tools in Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Complete understanding of QA Methodology including Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Familiarity with multiple development and testing methodologies like Waterfall, V model, Agile etc.
- Experienced in developing Test plans, Test cases, and generating Reports.
- Proficient in Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, GUI testing, Backend Testing.
- Experience with Quality Center to develop Test Plan, Test cases, executing Test cases in Test Lab and creating and tracking defects in Defects module.
- Experience in writing SQL queries using TOAD.
- Tested Web Services, XML, WSDL using SOAPUI tool. Modified end points when we worked on different servers and different versions of Web Services.
- Good experience with UNIX / Linux commands.
- Experience in testing Console APIs developed using C and C++.
- Good Debugging skills and experience in finding memory leaks using Valgrind tool for Linux and other UNIX operating systems such as Solaris, AIX.
- Familiar with QTP and VB scripting.
- Familiar with HP Loadrunner - VUGen, Controller and Analysis tools for performance testing
- Ability to manage/prioritize tasks with in the time.
- Providing feedback to project managers/management on goal/task completion.
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly master new concepts and technologies.
- Ability to work in a group as well as independently.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional 9.0 (QTP) / QTP 11.0, Mercury Quality Center 8.2/9.0, ALM 11.0, Load Runner 11.0, Toad, SOAP UI 4.0, Bugzilla
Scripting Languages: VBScript
Languages: C, C++, SQL, JAVA, VB, .Net, XML, HTML, SOAP
Database: Oracle 8/9i, Oracle 11g/10g, MS-SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , HiRDB
Front-end/GUI: VB 6.0
Web Servers: Internet Information Server (IIS)
Project Management Tools: MS Office 2003/2007/2010 , MS Visio, VSS
Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows- 2000/2003/2008 , NT 4.0, Vista
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Tools: Filezilla, Putty, WinSCP
- Worked in an Agile Testing Environment
- Reviewed User stories and transformed into test cases and test scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Assist in developing test plans, test scenarios and data.
- Created and maintained new test cases for cash bids for different locations and stored them in ALM 11.0
- Performed GUI and Functionality testing using test scripts
- Performed regression testing using reusable actions and Functions
- Worked on creating a SOAP UI script using WSDL to enter cash bids thru backend and see that is reflecting in the site at few areas.
- Tested Web Services providing required input data to request XML and validated response XML.
- Created regression test bed which runs every week on Monday evening 4:00 PM CST.
- Developed SQL queries and performed Backend Testing for data verification and validation
- Participate in review meetings to resolve defect related issues with developers.
- Attend Agile/Scrum meetings on a regular basis including planning, review and retrospective.
- Mentor Software QA Analysts and promote Quality Assurance best practices.
- Assist Software QA management to ensure that all test planning, execution and reporting are completed and complete project coverage is achieved.
Environment: QTP 11.0, ALM 11.0, VB Script, J2EE, SOAP UI, Oracle 11g / 10g, TOAD 11.0
- Directed and executed software testing tasks requiring analysis, planning, and scheduling
- Participated in requirements and design reviews
- Decomposed requirements to create effective test plans
- Facilitated test plan reviews
- Created test scenarios and test cases
- Performed GUI testing and Cross Browser testing
- Performed functional, compatibility and regression testing, sanity testing.
- Executed and maintained manual test cases
- Performed Regression testing with Automation Scripts
- Reported test results using Quality Center
- Participate in weekly meetings with the client and Automation walkthroughs
Environment: QTP 9.0, Eclipse IDE, Oracle 11g/10g, TOAD 11.0, Quality Center 11.0
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents and Technical specifications.
- Reviewed the proposed model with the Subject Matter Experts from business, Quality Assurance (QA) and IT departments.
- Core responsibility involved complete Manual Testing of the Application Under Test.
- Created Manual Test cases in Quality Center and associated with the Test Lab.
- Created Traceability for Business Rules from Test Manager Test Inputs to handle Business Rule changes.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Developers and QA team members in different defect raising situations.
- Worked with development team to understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality.
- Performed Black Box testing including regression, integration and functional testing.
- Involved in testing client/server application
- Tested scenarios that involve socket communication
- Involved in testing command APIs developed in C++
- Involved in using command line interfaces for testing functionality of the product
- Participated in regular project status meetings related to testing.
- Participated in Readiness review meeting and Project review meeting.
Environment: C++, C, JAVA, UNIX, Windows, Quality Center 9.0