To obtain an opportunity in an industry leading firm to expand my skill set and make a contribution as a Project Team Leader/Manager by utilizing my proven abilities as Lead QA and solid experience in Quality Assurance Testing in financial Mortgage, Web solution and POS retail application
- 7 years of impeccable understanding and experience in all QA activities in SDLC software testing, including system functional, performance and regression tests
- Excellent experience in Mortgage, Financial and POS Retail application
- Experience in Analyzing Business and Technical Requirement documents and formulate detailed Test plans and Test cases
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; extensive experience in generating and completing detailed test procedures
- Sound experience with agile and test driven development
- Experience with Functional, Integration, System and User Acceptance testing
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, decision making and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment. Provided remote support when needed.
- Ability to handle activities on multiple projects and task within the same or different accounts and to deal with and manage changes.
- Good organization and time management skills along with interpersonal skills for interacting with projects and task team members
- Knowledge of XML
- Experience using Terminal, source control system (SVN), IDEs (XCode), defect tracking system such as JIRA, HP Quality Center, Radar
Operation System: UNIX, Windows, DOS, Mac
RDBMS & Tools: SQL, Microsoft Office product suite
Testing Tools: HP QC, Radar, QTP, Eggplant, XCode, JIRA
- Performed web based testing for administrator service application for CSAA
- Created project resources estimates, define metrics to track completion phase, defect report, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality
- Design and documented test cases pertaining to various components of the application
- Provide oversight and work closely with team to automate test cases
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross functional teamwork within the organization Agile project lifecycle
- Execute testing on both front end and back end systems.
- Test validation at various levels including DB validation, logging validation and UI validation
- Performed Functional testing, Integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance testing
Environment: - MS Word, Power Point, Excel, SQL, UNIX command, JIRA
Software QA Lead
- Worked in an agile methodology and participated in scrum meetings
- Conducted web based testing for various Mortgages in the financial domain (Mortgage underwriting, Secondary mortgage, Loans) for Confidential
- Planned the tests including selecting test approaches, estimating the time, effort and cost of testing, acquiring resources, defining test levels, cycles and planning incident management
- Conducted daily task and daily status meeting with the client
- Handled multiple projects simultaneously to meet the prioritized business needs
- Determined level of process and product quality and monitored test results. Developed written reports and escalated unresolved issues to appropriate management.
- Utilized problem solving skills to resolve issues and road blocks during testing. Took appropriate measures to solve issues in order to ensure efficiency, quality, and a timely delivery.
- Coordinated test strategies and created action plans with the project manager and leads.
- Organized and conducted sessions regarding various module of applications
- Introduced suitable metrics for measuring test progress and evaluating the quality of the testing and the product.
Environment: - MS Word, Power Point, Excel, SQL, UNIX command, JIRA and SVN
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
Software QA Lead
- Led testing effort for wireless mobile POS multi-tier application on mobile devices
- Conducted comprehensive testing of network and device security with different network and SSL s
- Created Test Plans and Testing Strategy for the project
- Tested Mac based POS multi-tier application, network s
- Automated Test cases in Eggplant
- Worked closely with business partners to resolve project issue. Performed debugging
- Coordinated financial data validation with external vendor like GE, FDMS and Visa to ensure all tender processing successes.
- Coordinated with vendors like AT&T and Vodafone to validate Pricing plan for different countries
- Deployed software builds on Client servers. Updated and modified Store server database
- Managed testing team to ensure workloads were dealt with and deadline were met.
- Gather and analyzes metrics data. Presents analysis findings to the appropriate levels of management verbally and through the preparation of periodic written reports.
- Participated in secret projects, external audits and process improvement in support of quality assurance initiatives
Environment: - MS Project, Word, Excel, Radar, Eggplant, SQL, UNIX commands, Terminal, XCode and SVN
Confidential, San Bruno CA
Software QA Engineer
- Tested and verified various POS enhancement for International projects
- Evaluated work products to assess quality and report’s findings. Researches alternative solutions to problems, determined proper approaches, made verbal and /or written recommendations to appropriate parties and implemented solutions and recommendations as approved
- Analyzed the system specifications, business requirements for full understanding of the business
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test data creation, Test Result analysis and reporting
- Conduct System testing, Integration testing, and Regression testing
- Identified the defects / issues. Report and follow-up with development team
- Executed various server side processes Trickle / Batch jobs and evaluate the results
- Worked on functionalities like Merchandise Locator, Trickle Polling, Batch Polling, Traffic Counter, Revenue Accounting Reporting, EME Client Server, Daily Payroll Planner, Time and Attendance, UPC, LRT, ISS, 4690 Controllers
Environment: - MS Project, Word, Excel, Quality Center, SQL, QTP and UNIX command