- Lead Quality Assurance Analyst with more than 9 years of experience in Financial services.
- Proficient in developing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts based on Business and Systems Requirements specifications.
- Excellent experience in Testing and Supporting Front Office Electronic Trading applications.
- In depth experience in testing Smart Order Routing business engines and Order Management systems. Proficient in the usage of Front Office GUIs and Testing Tools.
- Extensive Hands - On experience in testing financial applications using FIX Protocol.
- Good knowledge of complete Order Life cycle, Front Office to Back Office.
- Experience in implementing and usage of Test Management tool, Mercury Quality Centre.
- Hands on experience in Testing AML and Compliance Business Models.
- Extensive experience on Sybase, SQL Server Databases; developing and executing complex Queries to test model behavior and logic, creating Test Data to simulate Test scenarios.
- Proficient in Data Analysis of large Transactional and Trade Data Sets.
- Experience in Business Analysis activities, including Requirements Gathering, analysis and creating Functional Specifications.
- Testing Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good experience in working with and leading geographically distributed teams.
- Hard working individual with excellent inter-personal and communication skills and eagerness to learn new business lines and tools.
- Lead Quality Assurance efforts for Global Real Time Indices Platform group, utilize knowledge of business products and real time market data and processes.
- Manage multiple projects; work in a dynamic, agile environment, coordinating with geographically distributed teams.
- Evaluate requirements and define Test designs and approaches; manage testing tools and oversee test preparation, execution, and automation.
- Ensure proper and timely configuration of test systems and environments while contributing to the continuous improvement of the testing methodology and testing techniques.
- QA Lead for Compliance and Anti Money Laundering group. Act as SME for Quality Assurance activities across geographically distributed teams..
- Define Test Strategies and Test Approach for all projects in Surveillance IT. Work closely with Business Analysts and Users to formulate QA Strategy.
- Design, Develop and Implement Test Plans, Test Cases and Test scripts for implementing new models and enhancements to existing Compliance and AML Business Models.
- Test and validate Surveillance Models output as Actimize Alerts and BO reports.
- Extensive usage of Database tools, SQL queries for Test Data creation and Data analysis activities.
- Perform ETL and Data Warehouse testing.
- Maintain Mercury Quality Centre as test management tool for Surveillance IT.
- Usage of issue tracking tool, JIRA and content management tools like MS Sharepoint
- Create UAT plans, conduct User Acceptance Testing, and obtain business sign off.
- Facilitate resolution and communication of cross-application/organization architectural issues and decisions.
- Work on Ad Hoc Business User Requests to generate Wire scans and Fincen search results.
- Create Data Specifications document and Business Requirements Document.
- Participate in Project Management activities, including creation and maintenance of Project Plans and other project metrics, issue logs.
- Conducted Functional testing of Smart Order Routing Business Engines.
- Performed Regression testing, Integration and System testing of Smart Order Routing engines involving orders received from multiple upstream systems, like Algorithmic Trading engines and Order Management system.
- Conducted Stress and Load Testing of Business Engines and Functionalities by populating bulk orders and simulating multiple order actions.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing exercises and provided ongoing Application Support.
- Defined Test strategies and developed Test Cases, Test Plans and Estimates for Testing of Smart Order Routing Business Engines..
- Extensively used Electronic Trading GUIs, FIX order entry tool, Aegis Client Simulator and Perl scripts.
- Performed Testing with Market Data Simulators and Exchange Simulators to simulate Market Data and Exchange behaviors.
- Worked with developers in creating test data and templates for Automated Testing Tool Repository, Test Harness.
- Traced process logs in UNIX/LINUX to confirm engine behavior and business logic.
- Created QA Process Reports like Monthly Defect Count per Release per Application and prepared QA Schedule and Estimates.
- Provided Release Support and Release Notes with functionality and configuration details to Production Support team for Release Rollout.
- Performed Agile Testing and Quality Assurance activities on Emergency Patches and Releases.
- Closely interacted with Business team for Requirements Gathering, analysis and creation of Functional testing document from Business Requirement documents.
QA Team Lead
- QA Team lead for a group of 4 people. Acted as primary interface for QA team for developers, production support team and end business users.
- Supported and Tested Order Management and Algorithmic Trading systems, Derivatives-Futures and Options, Fixed Income, Direct Access, Private Wealth Management, and Institutional front office applications.
- Conducted Testing through Sales and Trading GUIs and FIX protocol.
- Formulated Release Management process for QA environment.
- Configured Job scheduling tools like Autosys and Cron.
- Interacted with Business users on gathering business requirements and simulating test scenarios to get UAT Sign Offs.
- Created project management reports for project progress, status and issue reporting.
- Participated in recruitment of QA team members and actively mentored new resources.