- Six years of experience as a QA Analyst for Web, Client/server applications with strong skills in performing both Manual and Automated testing modes.
- Involved in all phases of the QA life cycle and SDLC, with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience in performing System Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Performance Testing
- Extensive Experience in performing Black Box and White Box Testing approaches.
- Strong knowledge and experience with methods and technologies used for the quality assurance and testing of software applications.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile Software development methodologies
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business processes and detailed design of the application.
- Experience in understanding Business Process from the requirements and converting them to test scenarios
- Proficient in using Automated - testing tools Mercury Interactive products (QTP, Win Runner, Load Runner, and Quality Center) for Regression and Performance testing of an application
- Good Knowledge and Real-time experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and SharePoint services
- Experience in Preparing Test Strategy, Developing Test Plan, Test Cases, writing Test Scripts by decomposing Business Requirements and developing Test Scenarios to support quality deliverables.
- Excellent team player, with strong skills in trouble-shooting, Problem-solving, Interpersonal, Oral & written communication
- Track and report defects using appropriate tools such as IBM Clear Quest, HP Quality Center and record and report on testing metrics
- Prepared and executed Test Cases/Scenarios and involved in Defect Tracking and Defect Resolving process.
- Proficient in SQL Database Testing
- Self-motivated and dedicated. Able to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent logical, analytical, communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, and manage time to meet project milestones
Testing Tools: Win Runner, Quick Test Pro, Load Runner, Soap UI
Languages: TSL, C, Visual Basic, SQL
Defect-Reporting Tools: Test Director, Clear-Quest, Quality Center, TFS
Internet programming: HTML, VB SCRIPT
Database: Oracle, SQL Server 2008
Operating System: Windows- 2000 /XP, UNIX
GUI: Visual Basic
Packages: MS-Word, MS Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Strong expertise in all phases of software test management: planning testing process, executing black and white box, informal and formal, manual and automated, analyzing and reporting issues.
- Responsible for overall system testing involving design and creation of system test plans, test cases and ensuring that the system is bug free.
- Extensively involved in hands-on testing of applications for forthcoming releases, during Functional, Regression and End to End test phases.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, risk analysis, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting
- Responsible for all phases of testing for assigned CR’s ensuring test plans and test cases are completed and met business requirements.
- Updated the test scenarios according to new business rules and specifications
- Ability to translate highly technical data from various sources into easy readable reports.
- Performed various types of testing, such as System testing, Structural Database testing and Functional Database testing .
- Responsible to perform Black Box Testing on the entire application.
- Extensively worked on Backend/ Database Testing ( Data Validation and Data Integration ) in SQL Server 2008.
- Identified bugs in database and created reports for modification requests and resolved all issues.
- Handled responsibilities of supporting QA Analyst in fixing database issues to meet client requirement
- Managed all testing processes and tracked progress of every test.
- Responsible to co - ordinate with developments teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Documented all problems / issues to be resolved; reported progress on problem resolution to QA Lead
- Conducted daily and weekly QA status meeting to discuss defects and issues encountered in the Application-under-test (AUT)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to move easily between varied tasks.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft IIS Server,.NET Framework
Confidential, Kansas City
- Responsible for performing day-to-day management of all phases of testing including requirements gathering, developing test plans and test cases, defect tracking, Bugs resolving issues and build deployments with scheduled timelines.
- Fully capable of reviewing applications objectively while working in conjunction with Business Analyst, Engineering group, Project management and End-Users to deliver and enhance applications.
- Extensively involved in all Phases of QA Testing using both Manual and Automation Methods: Integration, Functional, Performance, Security, User Acceptance, Regression and Data Driven Testing.
- Performed Automation testing using QTP .
- Involved in preparing scripts using QTP for Regression testing and Data Driven Testing .
- Automated all the test cases used for Regression testing.
- Performed Check points, Synchronization point, Data Driven Testing, Parameterization, Output Values etc., Saved Functions and Sub procedures in Library files and used them wherever needed Worked with Environment Variables and prepared environment file (Pre-Defined and User Defined Variables)
- Developed Test Cases based on Functional requirements and validated execution results against the requirements.
- Completed Test Executions and collaborated with team on successful execution.
- Participated in Conference Calls and provided feedback to users on Application Stability.
- Design, Execute and maintain manual regression tests.
- Involved in Test Case Review Meetings.
- Performed build validations with initial shakeout.
- Provided Estimated Completion time for Test Execution.
- Analyze Defects and coordinated with development team in finding root cause for the problem.
- Accurately record and report testing results and validate report and analyze defects and issues.
- Maintain Testing Repositories and provided accurate documentation.
- Participated in meetings with developers to discuss enhancements and modifications
- Executed SQL Queries to perform data validation against database
- Extensively used SQL Queries to validate the output for various reports.
- Involved in Walkthrough DTC Sessions with Developers
- Created Standard templates for DTCs (Detailed Test Cases) from System Requirements.
- Involved in providing Test-Execution results with detailed description about recreating steps for failed scenarios including screenshots
- Captured change matrix for various builds and involved in initial shake out of builds by performing regression testing certain external interfaces
- Participated in future enhancements proposals and project schedule improvements
- Expertise on the use of Quality center and the defect tracking procedure.
- Involved in Integration Testing for Web service Validations using soap UI.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
Environment: HP QTP, HP Quality Center, Soap UI, Citrix Client/Server, Oracle, Java, Clear Quest, SQL
- Responsible in developing UA Test cases from the requirement definitions.
- Involved in review meetings with BA’s and SME’s in preparation for UA Test Execution
- Validated application functionality against the test-cases through execution.
- Acted as a bridge between end-users and IT Development to communicate the defects and issues in an effective manner.
- Played a key role in UAT Sign-off and meeting quality gates and up to the expectations of end-user needs.
- Helped team in documenting miss-requirements and prioritize as change requests to the application.
- Performed Cycle-0 Testing and recorded defects using Quality Center
- Followed best practices and processes within project time schedules
- Documented defects and involved in the life-cycle of problem resolutions.
- Involved in weekly reviews related to issues and defects with Project Team, BA’s and SME’s
- Involved in the SDLC of the web-based application towards the release stage from a Testers standpoint (Testing & Implementation) and attended discussions with the Software Design Team.
- Involved extensively in Integration testing, Functional testing, System testing, UAT and Regression Testing both Manually as well as using Automated testing tool QTP
- Good exposure in using of QTP integrated environment (Step Generator, Synchronization, Data Table, Actions, Recovery scenarios, methods etc.)
- Inserted Bitmap and Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Testing Scripted automated scenarios using QTP for functional, regression testing
- Created recovery scenarios in QTP to handle the exceptions that can occur during Test Execution..
- Documented the errors using Quality Center and tracked them to completion by communicating and co-coordinating with the development as well as the support group.
- Perform production validation for implemented releases as well as daily QA requests and Change tickets
- Documented the defects using Quality Center and tracked them to completion by communicating and prioritize the severity of defect to delivery group.
Environment: JSP/HTML, Apache, Oracle, Solaris, Mercury - Quality Center, QTP.
- Analyzed System Requirements to identify Test Scenarios
- Involved in creating Master Test Plans for simultaneous releases which talks about Objective, Scope, Entry and Exit criteria, features and functions to be tested.
- Developed detailed Test Cases according to design specifications and functional requirements of the application.
- Provided build Regression Support by executing test cases, validating test results.
- Prioritized and reported defects using Test director, to present documents and reports in weekly team meetings.
- Logged defects using Test Director, and tracked them till completion. Delivered overall Test Summary reports.
- Data Preparation ( Input Data that is needed to inject messages or to load initial data (master data) into database
- Capturing Environment & Database information
- Participation on Test Bridge during system tests and actively updated status to Project Management
- Provided daily and weekly report on issues & pending tasks
- Managing Service Desk Ticket Escalation & Priorities
- Frequently involved with other SME team in resolving any functional misrequirements and helping in differentiating enhancements from bugs.
Environment: Middleware, Java, Solaris, Oracle 9i, Mercury Test Director.