- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance with emphasis on developing Test Plans, Test Cases and executing Test Scripts.
- Extensive hands on experience with Manual and Automated testing tools HP QuickTest Pro on Web and windows applications.
- Capability to apply wide technical and practical skills to manage and execute white - box and black-box testing to evaluate software designing and development.
- Expertise in smoke, functional, regression (positive, negative), GUI testing and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience with Defect Tracking and Reporting software using HP Quality Center.
- Experience in writing and running SQL Queries.
- Strong knowledge of mainframe, client/server, or web-based environments
- Strong Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written skills.
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center
Test Automation Tools: QTP
Defect Tracking and Reporting: HP Quality Center
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows XP, Win 9x, Mac OSX10+
Databases: SQL, Oracle 9i, MS Access
Other Tools: MS Office 2010
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan using Business Requirements.
- Wrote Test Cases and modified Test Scripts for functional testing.
- Used HP Quality Center for logging defects and Bugs reporting.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM ) to keep track of changing requirements.
- Participate in R eviews and Documentation to ensure compliance of the system with FDA regulations.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the stored data in the database and performed Back-End Testing using SQL queries.
- Involved in total SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Involved in status reporting, project meetings and project planning with the team, modification of reports and preparation of schedules for meeting the deadlines.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, SQL, XML, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, Agile Environment.
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Converted user requirements into functional requirements to write Test plans, Test cases, and Test scripts.
- Verified the GUI, Functionality and Usability of the web pages in the application.
- Involved in verification of functionality of different features in the application.
- Write SQL queries to perform the Back-End Testing of Oracle database using PL/SQL.
- Created and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix between the requirements and other products such as design documents and test plans.
- Waterfall methodology was followed for this project.
- Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolution.
Environment: HP Quality Center, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Reviewed design documents and business requirements to understand the functionality and scope of the application to create Test Plan and Test cases.
- Created test cases for smoke, functional, regression (positive, negative), GUI testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked with QuickTest Pro for GUI Testing and Functional Testing of the application.
- Worked closely with developers to monitor problems arising in GUI functionality and quickly manipulated defects reported during Front End Testing of the application.
- Enhanced and modified the scripts according to the test case scenarios.
- Created Test data according to different Scenarios to verify Reports.
- Assisted external clients during the UAT. Conducted and created reports at the end of the UAT test.
- Used Test Director for viewing and analyzing test results and also for defect tracking and reporting.
- Weekly Status meeting with Development and Management teams to discuss bugs and other issues.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QuickTest Pro, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP.
Software Quality Assurance Tester
- Understand the functional requirements of the projects and performed the functional testing using Manual testing process.
- Managed, Documented and controlled all the Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Results and also in a status update report using Microsoft Excel.
- Perform and validate positive, negative, system and integration testing.
- Checked for bugs in application and Reported bugs.
- Perform backend testing using SQL Queries to check backend data and data integrity.
- Prepared Daily Execution Report - the Daily Execution Status report shared with managers and leads.
Environment: SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP.