- Programmer Analyst / Project Lead with extensive experience in application management services, revenue, measurements, field orders, communications, and production support.
- Extensive programming experience as Lead Programmer and Application Programmer writing requirements and specifications, and performing testing.
Hardware: Mainframes, PCs
Operating Systems: OS/MVS/XA, JES2, TSO, VM/CMS
Computer Languages: COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS, VSAM, MANTIS, SUPRA, TOTAL BMS EASYTRIEVE, LU6.1, LU6.2, Changeman, Endevor, Panapt, Windows, MQ for CICS Natural
Development Tools: SQL, EXPEDITER, TSO, ISPF
Applications: Utilities, Transportation, Banking, Insurance, Stock
- Supported batch and online system to ensure billing process ran to completion.
- Maintained User CICS testing environment to mirror production environment.
- Monitored and fixed production abends to prevent customer service interruption.
- Enhanced existing programs and wrote new programs to speed transaction processing and keep data in synch.
- Ran batch system to test major projects to ensure data was processed with no issues noted.
- Designed / wrote requirements for a team of 4 programmers to furnish data to CSX/NS railroads.
- Wrote new programs and changed existing ones for sending messages via MQ, improving data synchronization.
- Provided year 2000 support for Y2K projects to prevent any data issues upon turn of century.
Technologies: CICS, MANTIS, SUPRA, TOTAL, VSAM, MQ, DB2, applications.
- Ran Confidential Redevelopment Assistant tool for application understanding and to prevent Y2K impact.
- Ran Microfocus Date Tool to change and test Y2K programs.