- Strong experience in system analysis, design, UAT / QA, and trouble shooting in various financial and scientific applications through full project life cycle, including writing business functional specifications, business and system analysis, design, development, programming, testing, implementation, maintenance, enhancements, and production support.
- Possess outstanding tester, analytical, and designer skills in data structuring, database and data processing with emphasis on batch and on - line processing using RDBMS and/or file-based applications for optimal reliability, performance, and user friendliness.
- Capable of “outside of the box” problem solving approaches rendered: application survival via work around a deadly CICS bug; application optimization improved performance by 20% despite system constraints; significant project development time reduction; etc.
SOFTWARE: MVS/XA, VM, OS/390, z/OS, JCL, CICS, VSAM, IDCAMS, DB2 with stored procedures, ADR/DATACOM, MCH, VSAM Transparency, IMS, TSO/ISPF, ROSCOE, SYNCSORT, JCL utilities, MQ Series, MQSI, IBMAD, InterTest, Xpeditor, File-Aid, Abend-Aid, QMF, SPUFI, Platinum, Control-M, FTP, NDM, CA-7, OPC, ENDEVOR, ChangeMan, Docutext, CEDF, SMS, ABARS, MicroFocus Cobol/CICS, Rumba, Aviva, MS Word, Excel, Access.
LANGUAGES: COBOL-2, COBOL, PL/1, SQL, Easytrieve, C, Visual Basic, FORTRAN, ALGOL.
HARDWARE: IBM mainframe, HP1000, DEC.
- Enhanced 3270 and MAUI-initiated transactions for “FDIC for IWS and FOS” project
- ECA. Participated in MIPS reduction on Trading transactions project
- Contributed to VSAM FBETC file split and redesign; created pre-processing module to standardize handling of new file specific lengths and key-length/positions for multiple-files
- Enhancements to batch jobs and 3270 and MAUI (web)-based CICS transactions with
- Optimized data retrieval from TAS database to make TRS processing CBL compliant
- Participated in data conversion and creation and optimization of tax form in-house printing and CARP storage; supported Turbo-Tax data retrieval. Production support.
- Utilized COBOL-2, JCL, DB2, VSAM, FTP, Control-M.
- Utilized COBOL-2, PL/1, DATACOM, DB2, VSAM, OPC, MCH, MQ Series, NDM, FTP
- Proposed MCH database conversion project from DATACOM to DB2 featuring low development and implementation cost and $8M annual cost reduction.
- Made significant improvements in mainframe and enterprise SF application performance and reliability via better process organization, scheduling, file handling, data structuring, enhancements to NDM, FTP, MQSI messaging, restructuring UNIX application process;
- Provided worldwide Securities Finance application end-user support;
- Resolved several technical issues in CICS, which sometimes caused prolonged unavailability of Securities Finance application on-line system;
- Led project to enhance MCH pricing procedure for SF needs.
- Took over failed project starting SFT conversion of Deutsche Bank clients to SSB and assured its timely availability.
- Led project to provide data delivery from SF mainframe (DML) application to Unix-based Securities Lending Enterprise (SLE) Applications via MQ series and CICS communications.
- Planned and executed mainframe application UAT/QA under time constraints;
- Provided maintenance and developed enhancements to MCH applications for Mutual Funds (MF), Exchange Trading Funds (ETF) and worldwide Custody.
- Created business functional specifications for Compliance and Control Application and designed XML-enabled B2B front-end views for WEB-initiated CICS/DB2 (with stored procedures) transactions and batch reports. Provided extensive system and QA testing.
- Designed enhancements to Annuity Commission Processing System using COBOL-2, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS. Utilizing system development methodology (SDM) defined business functional specifications for various Annuity System projects, utilizing batch, CICS, DB2, VSAM, interacting with outside data sources (NSCC) and Insurance Company clients via FTP, NDM. Light MS Word and Excel programming. Supported Fidelity and client users. Extensive system and QA testing. Disaster recovery using ABARS. Production support.
- Supported end-users in USA, Australia, and England and enhanced mainframe MCH P/A-system and application for data interchange between mainframe and UNIX-based client reporting system with data formatting for MS EXCEL and WORD using macros.
- Led P/A MCH conversion project from European multi-currencies to EURO currency.
- Managed reallocation project for MVS / VM-shared VSAM files with related JCL design.
- Created non-GDG 10-year-capacity archiving/retrieval application for MCH databases.
- Proposed VSAM files redefinition that released 22% space.