- Over 12 years of IT experience in all phases of testing various applications developed in Client/Server and Web environments using manual and automated testing.
- Worked as QA / Test lead and involved in successful implementation of several projects.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Effectively managed both offshore and onsite testing teams.
- Heavily experienced with Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methodologies.
- Played key role in implementing product release sign off process as a QA lead.
- Experienced in automated tools IBM Rational Functional tester, Rational Quality Manager.
EXPERTISE IN THE FOLLOWING DOMAINS:
- Insurance and Finance Products
- On - line Payment Authentication Systems
- Wireless broadband
Programming Languages: C, XML, Java, VB, ASP, Net, Java Script, and SQL.
RDBMS: IBM DB2, Oracle and SQL Server.
Web Servers: Websphere, W2K3 Servers
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows
Automated Testing Tools: IBM Rational - Test Manager, ClearQuest, Functional Tester and ClearCase
Wireless products: CDMA, CDMA2000, W-CDMA and Bluetooth.
Sr.QA Test Engineer / Rational Functional Test Scripter
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Environment: J2EE, W2K, W2K3, ASP, AS400, SQL server 2008,TFS, HP help Desk, Share Point, IBM Rational Functional Tester and IBM Rational Test Manager.
- Created Automation regression scripts through Rational Functional tester to support web based and Terminal based applications.
- Aided as Primary contact for RFT automated script delivery and maintenance.
- Managed automated test results and executed automated scripts through Rational Quality Manager.
- Supported releases by running Rational Functional scripts on QA, Stage and Production environments.
- Reviewed Business requirements and created required automated regression scripts for different applications.
- Documented test cases, test results, conducted defect meetings and reported testing progress to management on regular basis during testing phase of the project.
- Built System and UAT test plans supported by test schedules.
- Supported testing and implementation of iterative testing during different code builds.
QA Team Lead/ Rational Functional Test Scripter
Environment: J2EE, W2K, W2K3, ASP, VB, .Net, MS Project, IBM DB2 command Editor, SQL server, Lotus notes, IBM Rational ClearQuest, IBM Rational Functional Tester.
- Managed a team of on-site and off-shore members to provide testing services on a complex multi-platform project. Supported testing and implementation of iterative drops of the customer relationship management application suite. Worked as a subject matter expert on the newly formed test delivery team to train as many as ten test analysts.
- Managed a team of 4 onsite and 6 offshore contractors to provide testing services on Auto, Life, Claims, and Fire projects.
- Assessed, identified and created automation test scripts using IBM Rational Functional tester for intranet web applications.
- Involved in defect management (including documentation and validation) through Lotus notes database and IBM Rational ClearQuest.
- Created, reviewed and participated as a mentor in preparation of testing documents such as Test strategies, Test plans, Test schedule, Test estimates, Test cases, Test data and Test summary reports.
- Experienced in testing Rumba Mainframe applications and created Automated Regression Rational Functional scripts that generate automated quotes.
- Involved heavily in Online testing, Integration testing, System testing, and User acceptance testing.
- Executed performance tests for Single user transaction tests (for Network impact and for Response times) and coordinated Load tests (Scalability test, Stress test and Stability test)
- Identified regression impacts and managed regression testing through offshore team.
- Involved in SQL querying db with IBM DB2 for backend testing.
- Assisted the Project Manager in acquiring needed testing staff; test designers, test execution technicians.
- Identified risks, issues, dependencies, mitigations and contingencies.
Senior QA/Test Engineer
Environment: C++, Java, UNIX
- Involved in developing test plans, test scripts, and test cases.
- Extensively used manual testing and responsible for functional, load and integration testing using GOTS suite (HP Proprietary testing tool) and SCPI(Software commands for Programmable Instruments)
- Involved with Generating and maintenance of releases in ClearCase.
- Created and administered VOBs and Views for whole ClearCase environment.
- Reported Bugs through Bug Tracking system (ATM) to the development team.
- Involved in running different tests for ESG and Updated status of QA tests.
- Extensively used GPIB/RS 232 for Data Communications and downloading latest firmware into Electronic Signal Generator.
Environment: WindowsNT, XML, Java Script, ASP, and Oracle.
- Executed test cases and logged defect in Quality Center/ Documented requirements in Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL statements to perform transaction testing.