Extensive experience in IT, Quality Assurance and Software Testing. Dedicated mentor of junior analysts, teaching intricacies of processes and methodology, critical thinking and problem solving. Delegator who lays out tasks and deadlines to teams and removes barriers that would impede progress.
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE:
- System Analysis
- User Stories & Cases
- Best Practices
- Test Director (ALM)
- SQL - basic queries
- QTP Front end testing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Analysis
- Test Plans & Cases
- Management Resource Planning
- Workforce Scheduling
- HTML testing
Testing Methodologies: Waterfall & Agile, SCRUM, ALM, Quality Center, Test Director 8.X (subject matter expert) QTP
SQL backend: data validation JAVA front end testing, HTML and multiple browser front end testing
Base Operating Systems: OS/2 V3 & V4, Windows NT4, Win 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Windows Mobile, iOS and Android environment testing
Internet testing (Front-end UI) experience, using browsers such as: IE, Firefox, Opera and Chrome, Click and record automation for front end data input and validation.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Principal Software Engineer
- My duties were to validate the electronic submissions coming in from throughout the Confidential to the system designed to track all accidents in stats greater than $1000
- Main duties were to receive, validate and process all electronic crash submissions arriving into the systems.
- Tasked with finding ways to maximize productivity and reduce overlap in the review process.
- Find a way to make the work get completed in a more efficient manner and in much less time than it takes currently.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Principal SW Test Engineer
- Travelled to Client sites to organize and manage Client’s UAT test efforts as required.
- Charged with overseeing the local User Acceptance Testing of a Confidential solution to register small cell devices administratively from the client’s network allowing the customer to activate its devices remotely instead of in person at the Client’s site.
- Worked with QA Manager in implementing a new testing methodology in the Austin Campus for the QA team.
- Established true process and procedures for Agile methodology testing and organized online meetings to teach the details of the methodology to junior engineers.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
QA Team Manager
- Managed Risk (MRA), Mortgage, HR teams including hiring, staffing and all budgetary issues and concerns.
- Managed all ongoing software development testing projects as well as all aspects of the SDLC, up to and including reporting statuses and metrics to business partners and management.
- Re-organized how individual teams approached each SDVLC project assigned to them by streamlining the methodology and best practices adopted by the bank.
- I was a major force and contributor to the aligning of the bank’s testing methodologies as practiced in HQ to be in line to those used in the US Operations Center.
- As a bilingual manager, I was influential in winning the support of Spain HQ of our own methodology and best practices
Bilingual Test Lead
- Oversaw group of test analysts in all ATM related software development projects for next generation customer facing and internal layers of software that drive ATM fleet.
- Responsible for all new/upgrade hardware certifications.
- Contributed to the overhaul of the Spanish side screens content, spelling and grammar.
- Ensured accuracy of all Spanish written language screens for customer facing software of bank’s ATM machines.
- Became highly proficient in installation and troubleshooting of downed ATM machines across the entire model line for the bank. Participated in the improvement process of re-imaging and installation of software used by field technicians supporting maintenance of production ATMs
Confidential, Leeds, AL
- Managed day to day operations for business as well as implementing IT strategy company wide including website design and maintenance to email systems to support and maintenance of laptops and computers.
- Implemented new email system company-wide in addition to implementing security system to prevent data loss and minimize productivity and downtime.
- Delivered both systems as asked allowing company to upgrade communication infrastructure in order for officers to go mobile for first time.
- Implemented a New Hire Orientation session detailing the company’s use of its system for employees coming into the team.
- I was also the first officer to teach the course to the company execs once instituted.
Environment: Win XP, Win 2000, MS Office suite, Web design. IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Principal Lead QA
- Responsible for the validation of the conversion of 32 different handheld and laptop applications used by field personnel using mobile devices like Palm OS Treos and Windows Mobile.
- All applications converted on back end to SAP from JDE. All apps converted from Palm OS to Windows Mobile.
- Tested delivery of strategy, documentation, etc. Testing of the Documentum project acrossthe CRDM division
- Provided QA leadership in planning, documentation, strategy and testing of Web based front end application dedicated to the distribution of medical documentation to hospital and physician clients.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Software QA Engineer
- Tested new software and technologies developed for Confidential
- Duties included attending software design meetings, writing test design documents, testing software builds (full software cycle), regression testing and bug reporting and analysis as well as testing in-house applications developed in Lotus Notes.
- Wrote SQL queries for data verification testing of financial applications.
Environment: s: Win 2000, Win XP, SQL, Lotus Notes, IE, Firefox and Opera