- Possess over 10 years of QA experience in all phases of life cycle, including requirement analysis, project planning, testing, defect tracking, reporting and delivery.
- Experience in GUI, System testing, Integration testing, Application testing, Functional, Regression, End to End, Web Service testing and API testing.
- Experience in mobile application, web based application and product based testing
- Experience in defining testing methodologies, designing test plans, writing & executing test cases and creating traceability matrix.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented concepts, implementing in Selenium Automation.
- Experience in using both Manual testing techniques and Automation testing using tools like Quick Test Pro (QTP), Selenium, Quality Center, Rational Robo and Test Director.
- Experience in using test management and defect tracking tools like HPALM Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla and ClearQuest.
- Good understanding of SDLC, STLC, bug life cycle and establishing QA process in the team.
- Experience in Black Box and Grey box testing .
- Expertise on Cross Browser testing for compatibility on IE, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
- Good understanding of Relational Database Management and experience in backend testing using SQL queries in Oracle.
- Experience in programming of Unix Shell scripting .
- Testing experience in Agile, Waterfall and V project development processes.
- Have strong analytical, problem solving skills coupled with Interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/7.0/8.0 , MAC OS, Android, Linux
Defect Tracking tools: Clear Quest, Bugzilla, JIRA, RM Track
Automation tools: Selenium, Rational Robo, QTP, Test director 8.0, HP Quality CenterTest Complete, OATS, Firebug
Scripting languages: HTML, CSS, Java script, VB script,XML, Unix
Database: Oracle - SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access
Technologies & Environment: Consumer Electronics - MP3 player, DVDs, Universal remote, TV-tuner, Medical devices - Ultra Sound, Scanner (CT, MR, NM), PACS
Sr Technical Specialist - Testing
Environment: ASP.net, Agile development, Quality Center, SVN, Clear Quest, Test Complete
- Responsible for complete QA activities includes preparation of strategy, estimation, create test plan and test cases, setting up test environment, creation of the test data repository,developing and maintaining Test Metrics, Test reporting and Traceability Matrix, and performing Gap Analysis.
- Involved in component testing includes PACS interoperability based on DICOM standards, device configuration, Web application, Installation and Service for Intellispace Portal.
- Actively participated in Internal Audit reviews, SQA & project status meetings.
- Automation test scripts prepared for sanity and regression test using Test Complete.
- Coordinated testing process with developers and testers for application developed in Agile
- Setting up QA environment which includes installation of Portal server, Web installation and network configuration.
- Gathering the Business Requirement documents, Functional/System Requirement documents, Use Cases, and Design Specifications. This involves series of meetings with developers, Systems Analysts and Business Analysts to verify the testability of the requirements.
- Created detailed Test Strategy, Test plan and Test Scenarios.
- Created testing framework using Selenium Web driver, ANT and automated test execution.
- Testing of Modules according to Business and Functional requirement documents.
- Developed and executed SQL queries as a part of backend testing and involved in data validation and verifying data-integrity.
- Created shell scripts and updated the scripts as per the requirement
- Implemented the Object Oriented principles during Selenium Automation Java scripting.
- Customization and delivering traceability matrix, defect and test summary reports in HP QC.
Sr Associate - Projects
Environment: Android Smartphone, Kukak (Tablet), Solana, Milestone, Java, Java Script, JSON, XMLQemu Emulator, Selenium, Eclipse, JIRA, SQL
- Understanding the Cloud Services framework, Peer to Peer framework, Restful API's & JSON data.
- Designed & Developed Test Plan and Test Cases using Functional requirements and Specifications
- Developing and execution of middleware API test cases for Cloud Services applications.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Used ANT to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Parallel Cross browser testing done using Selenium.
- Good hands on in implementation of OOPS principles during Java scripting.
- Worked closely with development team and reported issues daily before build generation.
- Performed Middleware API and Application level testing for Cloud services applications like Google Contacts, Picasa, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Media apps, Native Contacts & Calendar.
- Performing Functionality Testing - Links, Forms, Cookies, HTML / CSS and Business Work Flow
- Tested Cloud services applications on various devices like Milestone, Solana and Kukaktablet.
- Participated in weekly & daily meetings to resolve technical issues.
- Used JIRA for reporting, tracking defects and providing updates on resolved bugs.
Quality Analyst (QA)
Environment: ASP.net, JSP, XML, Clear Quest, SQL, Quality Center 8.2, Requisite Pro, Unix
- Determine testing requirements, designed test plans and defined cases for functional, integration, system and user acceptance testing.
- Developed automated test scripts for upgrading the application using QTP
- Analyzed application, system & security errors. Escalated issues to developers & verified fixes.
- Develop and maintain Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix, and performing Gap analysis.
- Performed Functional, integration, System, end-to-end testing, data validation and smoke testing
- Extensively used PL/SQL, SQL queries to validate the data quality.
- Created Jobs using Shell scripts and tested the application for Unix environment compatibility.
Confidential, St Paul, Minnesota
Business Technology Analyst (QA)
Environment: ASP.Net, XML, Clear quest, QTP, Test Director 8.0, Testing tool (XML based)
- Involved in the interaction with Business line for requirement gathering.
- Preparation of Test plans, Test Summary Reports, scripting& execution using Test Director.
- Reviewing module, product test plans & specifications and requirement & design documents.
- Involved in Manual testing, Weekly Status reporting and Defect Status reporting.
Environment: Rational Robo, Test Director, QTP 8.0, PFS, QTK, NTG, Change Synergy, OATS
- Design automation framework, prepare test plans, Test Summary Reports, scripting & execution.
- Worked in Taipei, Taiwan in Eastech Corporation and Mitac, Taipei in helping developers team in defects testing. Tracking the test activity and ensure the test process adherence and effectiveness.
- Initiated to create test plan using Test Director and creating test scripts using QTP.
- Worked as Beta tester for different group products like DVD, mobile devices within company.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts
- Proactively came up with innovative methods to improve software quality, test coverage, efficiency and regression coverage
- Review product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Involved in Manual and Automation Testing.
- Attended weekly defect report meetings and presented progress updates.