- Management professional with fourteen plus years of Information Technology (IT) and Business Management experience with key emphasis on Test Management, Application Management, Vendor Management and Program Management; currently seeking to secure a senior level position with well - established organization.
- My areas of expertise include developing Strategy & Plans, Build and lead team, Approach on Change & Risk Management, Scheduling tasks & Recourses for Testing Portfolio and Clientele Engagements.
- Strong implementation and Testing experience for various Enterprise Engagement for Finance ; Telecom; and Energy Utilities domains.
- Extensive experience in the field of Test Advisory Engagement which includes Test Consulting , Test Management & Test Data Management; Quality and Assurance; Data Migration & Package Implementation, Defect Management processes.
- Delivered and Managed Agile Methodology Projects. Seasoned professional, with outstanding P lanning, Execution, Monitoring and Resource balancing skills with ability to support multiple simultaneous Testing Projects in a matrix organizational structure.
- Expertise in Functionality Testing, Integration Testing, System testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Automation Testing, Performance Testing and Security Testing.
- Provided knowledge of business process analysis and design, re-engineering, process rationalization, cost control, capacity planning, Test Management Best Practices & Benefits, performance measurement and quality.
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
- Develop & manage Test Strategy; Test acceptance and Test Plans covering all Testing Levels for Functional & Non Functional Testing.
- Provided Testing Advisory capability by assisting with hands-on management of Test Process; demonstrated the ability to translate complex client requirements and goals.
- Conduct analysis of business requirements for testing programs and detailed test assessment documents for package testing. Define test approach and strategies to reflect Risk Based prioritization based on Business impacts and product customizations which are accepted & endorsed by Stakeholders and Management. Conducted workshops to aligning test plan with impacted applications to provide end-to-end optimized testing solution.
- Successfully managed Testing engagement & capabilities via Global Delivery Model (Virtual Teams) by defining execution schedule & Work allocation and tracking progress on regular basis.
- Created robust regression plan for testing during scope change and multi parallel release code retrofits. Test Closure and summary reporting, analysis of open defects and communicating business impacts.
- Defined/Initiated projects, assigned junior Test Managers to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
- Built credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Responsible for Planning, Execution, and Provide Test Matrix to Senior Management, Defect Management Process, Data Management and Test Governance
- Led and Managed QA teams in Waterfall/Agile Methodology. Overall ownership of all QA deliverables for QA and Processing teams.
- Responsible for review and update of the programme quality plans and QC checklists prepared by Processing Team to process Customers data using Processing Tools designed.
- Designed QA Checklists, Regression, Smoke & Sanity Test Suites and Quality Control Checklists for QA and Processing teams.
- Designed and Audited QA Processes and Templates for Testing, System and Processing teams of the organization
- Analysed the existing testing process and submitted the report to improve the process and estimated the efforts (TDD, BDD, Pair Programming, and Continuous Integration).
- Supported and led consulting Business Development & Business Case propositions; Supported Pre Sales Cycle by proposal building; followed through RFI and RFP Process, Proposal walkthroughs and Presentation.
- An active member in building Organizational Capability including People, Pipelines, Methods and Thought leadership.
- Excellent Client Management and Leadership Skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage multi-vendor and multi-country environments.
- Effectively Coach, Motivate and Mentor onsite and off-shore Test Managers, Leads & Engineers, Developers and Technicians.
- Defined project scope and objectives through agile project management methodologies.
- Facilitated daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective. Worked with Product owner on Artefacts such as Product Backlog; Sprint Backlog; Sprint Burn down chart and Release Burn down.
- Established effective communication with consistency across development and business management. Presentations, recommendations and updates provided regularly to business stakeholders.
- Provided visibility to team issues/risks and helps eliminate them. Coached and mentored agile team members and provided constructive performance feedback.
- Managed team relationships, coached and supported the program manager to be the Product Owner. Identified and resolved issues; tracked progress; worked with Product Owner to groom the product backlog; facilitated release planning; coached teams on Scrum Best Practices & Benefits; delivered high quality tested software with agile teams.
- Managed quality objectives, regulatory requirements, schedules, and program risks and made decisions based on business objectives. Ensured that the product development process abides to the business Engineering Quality Procedures by conducting mock audits. Worked with the system, subsystem/platform and service leadership teams to deliver quality products on time, within budget and with the necessary features
- Aligned Test strategy with the Enterprise Strategy and managed risks in the on-going development and operation of IT systems.
- Organized the implementation of business processes and activities directed by the board and senior management to create an effective and controlled IT environment.
- Analysed if the information systems are safeguarding assets, maintaining data integrity, and operating effectively and efficiently to achieve the organization's goals or objectives.
- Determined risks that are relevant to information assets, and assessing controls in order to reduce or mitigate these risks
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Centre; HP Test Director; Rational Test Suite; ETL Source; SQL Enterprise Manager; TOAD, WinSCP. ETL Source
Project Management Tools: Confidential Rational Clear Case; Clear Quest; MS Office Suite; Requisite Pro.
COTS Packages: Billing Revenue System (Kenan/BP, Kenan Data Mediation & Settlements)
Packages: Oracle and SAP
Product Packages: Tribold, Asset Management, MetaSolv
CRM Management: Siebel, PeopleSoft, JdEdwards, SAP, Oracle Fusion; CRMoD; Oracle Security
Core banking solutions: Finacle, FlexCube
Operating System: Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, Unix
Databases: SQL, TOAD, MS Access, Oracle 9i
- Defined the overall migration testing approach ensuring that the data can be successfully validated for migration from legacy to Oracle Systems.
- Documented a Test Strategy & Test Acceptance; Master test plan for the Migration testing.
- Coordinated with the Business stakeholders and ensure that their expectations are catered for in migration testing
- Coordinated with the functional testing streams to define check points to improve that the quality of the data migrated into functional environment.
- Provided the environment requirements of migration testing to the Environment services team and ensure that the environment delivery is on track.
- Defined the process to obtain the data from various legacy systems and ensure that the usage of data conforms to the RACQ security and Risk processes.
- Coordinated with Oracle and RACQ migration system testing team to ensure a better quality of code delivered to the Migration testing.
- Conducted review for the detailed test plan of System Testing, System Integration Testing, Platform Integration Testing & providing feedbacks & follow-ups on test coverage. Reduced the efforts of User Acceptance Test (UAT) for fast path change requirements by performing a Risk Based Testing Analysis based on ST & SIT testing phase and reviewing the outcome with Business to ensure quality.
- Created a framework for Migration testing which will not only be used for the current release but ensure there are reusable artefacts for all the future transformation releases.
- Received appreciations from various stakeholders for the Test Strategy Plan which not only clearly defined the approach, environments and data for migration testing but provided the overall picture of how the functional testing streams would need to cater for scenarios to ensure an overall coverage and enable program publish Quality Heat Map.
- Completed Risk Assessments from the Business and Technology stakeholders that provided a view of the requirements that require priority testing and additional coverage for future and On-going releases.
- Handled Test Management function while supervising and performing Functional, Performance, Regression, Automation, and other types of testing performed across the Engagement.
- Supervised a dedicated team of Test Leads, Test Analysts, and Testers and managing day to day testing tasks.
- Involved in providing consultancy and to offshore clients on HP’s Quality Center, Confidential Rational tools including Requirement Composer, Team Concert, and Quality Manager.
- Mentored assignment and execution of day-to-day tasks, Test Planning, Test Executions, Defects reporting/ Defects Management, Analysis and Development of Functional Specifications, Identification of Process weaknesses and their Improvements.
- Administered HP's Quality Center tool for all other software teams and participated actively in writing & maintaining Automated Test Scripts in HP's Quick Test Professional
- Successfully designed more than one generic test case templates for test planning & executions and Tested & Delivered Functional Modules, resulting in zero or minimal defects in production environment.
- Instrumental in highlighting major Process weaknesses and improvements in all concerned areas of SDLC.
- Successfully delivered Functional modules and analysed & designed Code / Database schema for various projects.
- Instrumental in suggesting Code and Database level improvements and efficiency techniques.
- Successfully managed and delivered CCB Transformation for a leading Australian Telecommunication Client; Sanjyot was responsible for delivering Testing engagement capabilities & Services.
- Managed a schedule of more than 10000 man days of effort during this engagement with a Team size of 75 resources across Test Phase and Multiple Releases.
- Developed test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan. Arranged the Hardware and software requirement for the Test Setup. Assigned task to all Testing Team members and ensured that all of them have sufficient work in the project. Ensured content and structure of all Testing documents / artefacts is documented and maintained. Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards and check / Review the Test Cases documents.
- Kept track of the new requirements / change in requirements of the Project. Organized status meetings and published Status Report (Daily, Weekly etc.) to the Client and attend the regular client call and discuss the weekly status with the client.
- A single point of contact between Development and Testers. Track and prepare the report of testing activities like testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc. Reviewed various reports prepared by Test engineers and ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones. Prepared / updated the metrics dashboard at the end of a phase or at the completion of project.
- Organized and lead pursuit teams, participated and lead aspects of the SOW and proposal development process and contributed to proposal pricing strategy for Test engagements.
- Pioneered and Built Testing Practice in CRM Domain which increased the growth by 25% on securing new engagements and delivering additional services.
- Assess the business requirements & transactions - To evaluate, assess and build a testing assessment & strategy for the user acceptance testing and business process testing.
- Analyse & understand the functional business requirements, use cases, process flows and plan and build the detailed test assessment to the testing team for detailed scripting.
- Identify issues, risks, dependencies and develop mitigation plans and escalate where necessary for the Program.
- Manage a small to medium sized test team for planning and/or execution for a test phase for the user acceptance testing of Test Streams and vendor teams.
- Promote and enforce change request process, providing input to estimates, as well as creating/modifying applicable test deliverables
- Manage the planning activities between Offshore & Onshore test team with multiple vendors & locations and managed a team size of 15-20 resources as well as authored Statement of Work in few engagements for Testing Capability.
- Managed cost budget to allocate overall cost estimate to individual tasks.
- Successfully managed and delivered Test Case Preparation, Test Execution, Defect Triage and providing assistance as functional lead during deployment phase in Production.
- Successfully managed and created Channel Partners (Local Vendors) in the Western Region of India and delivered solutions and services to fortune 500 clients.