- Overall, 7 years of IT industry experience as AWS DevOps/Release Engineer, System Engineer and Production Support of Various applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, and Windows environment.
- Experience in installing, configuration, support, upgrading and patching Linux servers using Red Hat Satellite Server and worked on registering different client servers and involved in building channels and pushing the packages to master Red hat Satellite Server.
- Used Core Java 6, Java 8, J2EE, JSP, JDBC, RDBMS, Java Script, JQuery, Ajax, XML and Chordiant 5.6, using Oracle 11g as database J2EE platforms on Windows, UNIX.
- Implementation and administration of VMware ESXi 4.x, 5.x, vCenter for running Red hat Linux, windows Servers on Production and Development.
- Experienced in various source code management activities using tools like GIT, SVN involving branching and Merging strategy, configuration and administration maintenance, daily merges, tagging and remote repository.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Ruby, Python and Perl scripts.
- Extensively worked and Administered with automation tools like Jenkins and Bamboo to implement the End to End Automation.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Production Cloud environments (AWS and VMWare) as well as traditional managed hosted environments.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline involving BitBucket, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, and Selenium for complete automation from commit to deployment
- Experienced working on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation AWS Config, Autoscaling, CloudFront, IAM, S3.
- Experience in using Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef Puppet and Ansible.
- Strong Experience developing various applications in Java using Eclipse IDE.
- Experienced in working with various databases Oracle, SQL Server, JDBC and MySQL.
- Installation of Python and setting up SSH connection on remote nodes for configuring, managing and deploying software application on the nodes, using a powerful automation software called Ansible.
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Knowledge on creation of Puppet manifests files.
- Worked with build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war and ear from source code.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker Images and handling multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm, and Compose for various applications and several Micro services.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Experienced using Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, and WebLogic Application servers for deployments.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Teamcity, Anthillpro.
- Experienced with monitoring tools such as Nagios and CloudWatch.
- Experienced in integrating unit tests and smoke test with code quality analysis tools like JUnit, Jira and Selenium.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
Platforms: Linux (Red Hat 5.x, 6.x,7), CentOS 5,6 and Ubuntu 12,14, Unix (Solaris 8,9,10,11), Windows
Programming Languages: Core Java, Java Script, .NET, Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub and Subversion
Networking: HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP, TCP/IP, NIS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, LAN, WAN, Routers/Switches
Storage: LVM, NAS, SAN, TSM, Rubrick, NetApp filers and Oracle ZFS
Build tools: Ant and Maven
CI and CD tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration tool: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
Web/Application Servers: Web logic, JBoss, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye
Monitoring Tools: Nagios and Splunk, SolarWinds
Database: Oracle, PL - SQL SERVER and SQL.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management.
- Involved in performing application deployment to AWS Elastic Bean Stack environment.
- Configured & deployed Java applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack, cloud-formation.
- Designed and developed Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipeline using Jenkins and managing the system with End to End Automation.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS’s Lambda which invokes python script to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Worked on AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based on automation Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure and Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, BugZilla
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Ansible, shell and python scripts.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks written in YAML and Created Ansible Playbooks to provisioning SonarQube and Maven and Tomcat servers.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Experiencing with Nagios and Splunk monitoring.
- Created several groovy scripts for Jenkins management and related components (nodes, builds, jobs etc.)
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- Used shell scripting to automate project creation by Jenkins and Nexus repository.
- Expertise in setting up Docker daemon, Docker client, Docker hub, Docker registries, Docker images from Docker file and handling multiple images by storing them in containers to deploy.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on creating pipeline to automate application deployment on Kubernetes using Jenkins
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7, Ubuntu, Containerization, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Nagios and Ansible, Splunk, ELK, Docker and Kubernetes.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
- As DevOps Engineer I am responsible for design, build, monitor, and enhance services and production environment.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA project and maintained Jenkins with continuous integration and deployment
- Expertise in Installation & Setup of code versioning tools like GIT/ SVN Repository (Version Control System) on Linux at client side.
- Maintenance of source code in GIT. Branching, Creating Labels, merging of codes on GIT for QA testing and release.
- Experience using JENKINS CI/CD PIPELINES, MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Extensive working experience with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search and Cloud Watch.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience in writing Chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS
- Implemented python scripts by using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs from different flavors of Linux.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT and production according to the build life cycle.
- Perform various builds for the Dev, QA, staging and Production Environments.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sonatype NEXUS repository.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Using the Docker Registry API to interact with the registry.
- Good Knowledge on container management using Docker in creating images.
- Good at deploying all applications, databases and other services using Kubernetes deployment.
- Worked on Kubernetes orchestration.
- Monitored and tracked SPLUNK performance problems, administrations and open tickets with SPLUNK.
- Worked with others administrator to ensure Splunk is actively working and monitoring on the current infrastructure implementation.
Environment: CentOS 5, 6, 7, VMware, Active Directory, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Nexus, Python, DELL PowerEdge 6650, HP ProLiant, Rubrik, TSM, Satellite, SolarWinds, Splunk.
Build and Release Engineer
- Creation of Release Plan, Definition, collection, analysis & presentation of Release Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in writing parent POM files to establish the code quality tools integration using SonarQube.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like developments QA and production.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Installed and configured build manager and agents to queue builds in TFS.
- Documented testing procedures and steps involved in data migration on production servers.
- Designing and implementing a series of PowerShell workflows and scripts.
- Used Jira’s ticket tracking and workflow tool.
- Architecture and Capacity planning for MongoDB/ Cassandra clusters. Implemented scripts for mongo DB import, export, dump and restore.
- Troubleshooting production servers and configuring standalone production server for testing.
- Worked Primarily on RHEL 4/5, HPUX, and Solaris Operating Systems.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- Create TFS Database Backup Schedules and create TFS Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Identifying Area paths and Iterations for different projects for different sprints, to make use in work items.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Created the ANT scripts and extension of existing ANT scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON.
- Installed and configured Hudson/Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Managed library versions and deprecated code, design and sequencing of automated builds & test runs and troubleshooting expertise - build failures due to dependencies, tests.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Installed different TFS plugins like TFS Power tools, Sidekicks, Community Build Manager.
- Integrated Subversion into Hudson/Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
Environment: ANT/MAVEN, SVN, Linux, Tomcat, Subversion, Shell Scripting, Jenkins, Agile, Shell scripting, JBOSS, Nexus, Build Forge, Windows, UNIX, WebLogic.
- Support for Windows and Linux problems assigned by client operations.
- Performed end-to-end backend testing using REST Client, Postman, JMeter
- Developed different helper cases using Core Java multi-threading and Collection classes.
- Developed quality solutions by making use of tools and technologies like Apache CXF, Spring AOP and Spring Core.
- Developed UML use cases and Sequence diagrams using Ratio
- Developed database access objects using Spring JDBC Application Programming Interface (API) to persist, retrieve and delete the business objects (BO) and data transfer objects (DTO).
- Used Spring Boot to reduce the difficulty in the configuration and complexity.
- Strong Experience in Web services API Testing and analyzing test results
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall Development Process
- Performed Manual and Automated Testing with various testing tools
- Experience in developing JAVA based automation testing tools like selenium etc.,
- Implemented Selenium WebDriver and automated, executed scripts on different browser and different platform using Java
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both PSeries and VMware virtualization systems.
- Installing RedHat Linux using Kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Day to day problem handling like related to File Systems, Disk, Memory, CPU, Network etc.
- Experience with shell scripting (sh, bash, csh, ksh).
- Worked on creating queues for new data center and reporting on console for finalization.
- Used UNIX/Linux shell scripting to automate system administration tasks, system backup/restore management and user account management.
Environment: RedHat LINUX 5.5/6.3, Kickstart, Ubuntu, Windows, Oracle, DB2, Subversion, Vsphere, VMware, & UNIX shell scripting, Selenium, JAVA, REST Client, Postman, Maven, JMeter