- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in working with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Expertise in defining and developing quality assurance test plans and test cases by analyzing business/technical requirements, system design documents and use case documents
- Expertise in developing test scenarios, preparing test data, executing test scripts, linking requirements to test cases, creating bug documentation, and reporting test summary.
- Experience in manual and automation testing using industry standard testing tools such as HP Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Professional, JIRA
- Specialized in Integration, Smoke, Functional, System, Positive, Negative, Regression, Performance, Load, Stress, Endurance/Soak, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Knowledge in Test Strategies, Writing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Status Reporting using Jira, Confluence and Prioritize, expedite, escalate rush issues accordingly.
- Experience creating, maintaining and executing Test Scripts using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming concepts and TestNG Annotations.
- Experience with Cross Browser Testing and platforms.
- Strong leadership, self - starter, positive attitude, personable, great organizational skills, attentive to detail, and self-motivated.
- Capable of interpreting and transforming data models, business use case diagrams, environment and data needs into testing deliverables
- Experienced with Protractor for an end-to-end test framework for Angular JS applications running in a web browser.
- Effective in using QA tools including bug/defect tracking.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently as well as collaboratively with team members in testing complex projects.
- Ability to prioritize to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Experience with Automation Framework Design and Implementation.
- Experience creating data-driven tests and running through framework.
- Versatile team player with excellent interpersonal and technical documentation skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with selenium tools and configuring selenium test environment and Involvement in Selenium Environment Setup.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in effectively presenting technical information to various audiences including the client, developer, and project manager.
SDLC Practices: Agile, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, LINUX, UNIX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, Safari, Edge
Applications: SharePoint, Eclipse, SQL Server Management Studio
MS Office Professional: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Testing Tools: TestRail, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit, JMeter, Maven, Jenkins, Protractor, Cucumber.
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA
Languages: Java, J2EE,C, C#, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, CSS
Web services Tool: SOAPUI, SOAP, REST, Restful, Postman, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, AWS
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle, MS-Access, MySQL, Oracle SQL Developer.
Testing Frameworks: SELENIUM (WEBDRIVER), SELENIUM (GRID), SELENIUM IDE, SKWFW, Page Object Model and Hybrid
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Automation/Manual Test Engineer
- Ensure all applications and systems meet user requirements and standards.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed and executed Test plans and Test cases based on requirements gathered from product owners and stakeholders.
- Took an active part in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client- server applications.
- Analyzed requirement, understood Test Plan, and created Test Case, Test Design and Test Execution and defect logging using JIRA.
- Used JIRA as the bug-reporting tool for bug tracking and defects reporting.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions using Cucumber (Gherkin), and WebDriver (Java).
- Wrote Test Automation Script using Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG which performed sanity testing on every deployment performed in QA Environment and sent Email Notification on failure.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Used Protractor as an automation testing tool for web applications testing; combining powerful technologies such as Jasmine, Selenium Webdriver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and JUnit to run the parallel testing.
- Used ANT, SVN, Selenium Web Driver, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Prepared automation test framework (JUnit, and ANT).
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid.
- Enhanced the Java based test framework to test components built on the cloud-based AWS/Azure.
- Involved in Hybrid (Keyword data) driven framework design using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to provide more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Involved in testing of web applications and Web Services and xml data validation of business rules and business logic and used SOAPUI.
- Responsible for coordinating the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Managed Teams and coordinated team’s daily activities with scheduled Status Meetings.
- Assigned work and conducted Status Meetings with various teams.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Automation/Manual Test Engineer
- Ensure All applications and systems meet user requirements and standards.
- Participate in Scrum meeting, stand-up meeting, backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, and sprint review.
- Created Test Plans, Test cases and Test Data.
- Performed Front End and Back End Testing using SQL.
- Participated in all aspects of Quality Assurance from Planning to Execution
- Conduct Demo Sessions for each Sprint.
- Execute test cases using VSTS and identified, and communicated defects.
- Test and find buys in different environments such as QA, Dev, UAT, Production and Servicer-Branch
- As part of POC (Proof of Concept) was involved in acquiring knowledge and implementing Test Automation of the intranet and internet web applications of the financial institute.
- Used Selenium Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid Driven based Test Frameworks, Eclipse IDE, Maven, Java, TestNG, Apache POI, JXL, Katalon IDE, Selenium IDE, Katalon IDE, Selenium Server Standalone 3.6.0, Google Chrome Driver 2.33, Mozilla GeckoDriver 0.19.0, IEDriverServer 3.6.0 etc.
- Extended the automation process further by implementing CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) processes of the Selenium Maven Java Projects configured and setup into Jenkins. These Jenkins configured test automation project build and test case execution jobs were triggered automatically by various methods. One such was by scheduling at a predefined interval. The other was to trigger by an event of a new Software release in the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) repository. Log and Track defects using VSTS.
- Worked closely with developers to review bugs and tracked them till they are resolved.
QA Analyst and Automation Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing & System.
- Reviewed the requirements and use case diagrams to write Test Cases/ Test plan that would test various scenarios
- Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Ability to perform Compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE.
- Ability to connect with the Database to execute SQL statements for validity.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Worked on Idata application using Watir WebDriver to automate front-end regression tests.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression and smoke automation suite using Watir-Ruby webdriver.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Katalon recorder.
- Create test plan and test cases for manual and automated testing from business requirements integration to match the project’s initiatives.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases.
- Using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Used Version one to track the Stories, Tasks and also to log a defect.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using Rally as tracking tool.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.Customized Selenium API to suit in testing environment.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like SVN, Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Proficient with BDD using cucumber and Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and also used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, regression.
- Involved in the core development of the project in Angular2, Type Script, HTML5, SCSS, RXJS, Jasmine, Karma, Java/J2EE, Spring Boot framework, Web services, groovy, Junit, Micro Services, waterfall Methodology.
- Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium, Katalon recorder.
- Involved in Web services testing using postman Tool.
- Developed a REST Web Service with Spring MVC.
- Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP and RESTFUL service.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team overseas.
- Interacted with the development configuration and operation's team to ensure the quality of software to user expectations.
- Performed Manual Testing to test the usability of the application.
- Created Requirement Traceability matrix to map Test Cases to the User Stories
- Maintained central repository to determine the readiness of the application by combining Planning, Execution and Defect Tracking.
- Participated in daily scrums to effectively communicate the progress and road blocks to deal with the constantly changing requirements.
- Importing requirements, create Test Cases, validate requirements with test cases and generate reports using JIRA.
- Participate in review meetings to resolve bug related issues with developers.
- Communicate/Update team with best practices that they can implement to thoroughly test the application but reduce the amount of testing time required.
- Conducted smoke, functionality, and regression testing by using Selenium Web-driver-Automation scripts
- Participated in daily defect resolution status calls to discuss defects with vendors, project management and users.
- Created new material for QA new team member as well as trained them on application and bringing them up to speed.
- Answered and troubleshoot customer and UAT issues, questions, and problems.
- Supported UAT Testing
- Direct strategy, process and execution of traditional and Agile QA efforts across the private and public exchange solutions for top company clients.
- Created and executed test plans and scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements.
- Setting up retrospectives, sprint reviews or sprint planning sessions
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Knowledge of Backend testing using SQL queries.