- Over 8 years of testing experience as a QA Engineer/Analyst in the IT field. Diversified experience in Manual, Automated and Backend testing of Web and client/server applications on UNIX, Windows environments.
- Experienced in Manual and Automated testing, test schedule planning, test case design, Documentation and Execution. Editing and playback the scripts after fixing the defects.
- Usage of Manual and Automated testing tools of TestDirector QTP, and WinRunner, Selenium.
- Tested the Application Structures and Functionalities for Black box testing
- Usage of Trackers/Bug Reporters like PVCS Tracker, Test Director, TFS, Clear Quest and manual reporting, JIRA.
- Quality Assurance testing of Client/Server and WEB based applications
- Strong skills in Backend testing and writing SQL queries on Oracle RDBMS, SQLServer 2005/08 and Mainframe.
- Hands on experience in design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of Client Server and Web applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Operating Systems: MS - DOS, Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Linux, Unix
RDBMS: SQL Server 2008, DB2 (Mainframe), Oracle, MS-Access, MS-SQL Server2005, IBM BI Query
QA Tools: WinRunner, QTP, Test Director, Selenium
Defect Tracking Tools: PVCS Tracker, Test Director, TFS, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, JIRA
Version Control Tools: PVCS, Clear Case, VSS, TFS
Web Servers: Web logic, Apache, IIS, IBM Web Sphere, Tomcat, Jenkins
Internet Technologies: AJAX, JSP, HTML, ASP, VB Script, DHTML, XML, Java J2EE
UNIX Environment: Sun Solaris, HP UNIX, Linux
Tools: XML, XML Spy, Cognos tools, Siebel, Toad, Order Debugger, SinglEview, CSRTools
Miscellaneous: UML, MS-Office Suite, MS-Front Page, Share Point
Platform/tools: Oracle11, SQL Developer, JIRA, TestLink, Tomcat
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases for various enhancements.
- Performed browser testing for IE 8 and 9, Firefox, Chrome by checking the source codes, Firebug.
- Identified issues by looking at the log files and monitored log files while performing UI testing.
- Supported in Functionality, Regression and System testing for different releases.
- Investigated software defects and interacted with developers and clients to resolve technical issues using JIRA.
- Created and executed extensive SQL Queries to compare the database and periodic views and reports.
- Supported automation testing in Selenium.
- Installed and deployed builds in Tomcat and Jenkins for different servers.
Platform/tools: SQL Server 2008, Mainframe V9/ XML, XML Spy, SQL Server 2008, IBM DB2 (Mainframe)
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases for various projects
- Created test data in XML, CSV and TAB files and test results documents up to date.
- Analyzed the Functional Requirements and Design Specifications documents to ensure that the system met all of the technical and business requirements
- Involved in Manual, Regression and System testing during various phases of the development for performance, reliability, GUI, and security functionality of the system
- Investigated software defects and interacted with developers and clients to resolve technical issues using Defect Tracking system in Share Point
- Involved and supported User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed extensive SQL Queries to compare the database and periodic views and reports
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of the Manual testing efforts and open issues to be resolved
GUI, Cognos Reports and backend tester
Platform/ Tools: .NET, Cognose, Oracle / XML, Cognos tools, SQL, Oracle 10
- Developed and executed test procedures and scripts for various types of test scenarios
- Designed and maintained the test data and test results documents up to date
- Performed different types of testing as Functional, Regression and Integration testing during various phases of application design system
- Identified issues and interacted with developers to resolve and retested.
- Validated various types of Cognos reports.
- Provide a status to the test team manager and developer manager by creating monthly and bi-weekly Test Summary Reports.
- Participated in MRD (Marketing Requirements Document) and SRS (system Requirements Specification) review meetings and discussed about the new projects