- DevOps Engineer with over 9 years of IT experience in automation and operation across various platforms (UNIX, LINUX and Windows) with concentration in Software Configuration, orchestration workflow, Build and Release Management supporting web SaaS solutions in a cloud (AWS) and on - premise on server infrastructure migration to automate the infrastructure including end-to-end code configuration ensuring CI/CD in product developing using Python and Shell scripts.
- Experienced working in AWS cloud computing platform on many dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Autoscaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups .
- Hands on experience in framework & CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deploy on AWS, using build scripts (AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure, designing, automating, implementing, Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Expertise in DevOps in Azure platform which includes technologies and platform like UNIX/Linux, Java, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Chef, Ansible, Subversion, Ant, VMware, Puppet, SVN, GitHub, Vagrant, CVS, Tomcat, JBoss etc.
- Experience in Azure Development; worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, VM’s, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, and notification hub.
- Hands on working knowledge in using Azure service fabric to package, deploy, and manage scalable and reliable microservices and containers.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes and wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications.
- Experienced with build, design and maintain the platform automation infrastructure using Chef and was involved in setting up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripting and very well familiar with Knife Chef.
- Developed Puppet scripts for an automated server provisioning and reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes
- Experienced in working on Docker hub and Docker swarm, Docker compose creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Experienced in Using Jenkins pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Proficient with Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Power Shell, JSON, YAML, Groovy, PowerShell scripting languages. Deployed J2EE Application archives (JAR, WAR, EAR and RAR) on Web Logic Application Server.
- Experience in developing and consuming Web Services using WSDL, SOAP, HTTP.
- Has good knowledge in RESTful web services.
- Adept at software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant and can write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Experience using Nagios, Splunk monitoring system and different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, Jira, ServiceNow and Clear Quest. Hands on experience on Splunk solution design, architect, deployment and configuration of Splunk components like forwarders, Indexers, Search heads etc.
- Working knowledge in deployment of applications to Oracle WebLogic, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Nginx and Web Sphere servers and worked on Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager, Kickstart, Bonding, LAMP and LDAP.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX (Red Hat Linux) Systems.
- Expertise in Scrum Methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, build and release management and managed environments.
Cloud Environments: AWS, AZURE, Cloud Formation, Rackspace, OpenStack.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Pipeline and Build Tools: Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Bamboo, Anthill Pro, uDeploy, Gradle
Version Control: Git, Subversion SVN, TFS, CVS, Bitbucket
Languages/Scripts: C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Bash, Shell, PowerShell, CMD, Perl, Ruby
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, ServiceNow, Remedy
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis
Operating system: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, Ubuntu 12/13/14, DEBIAN, Mac OSx, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x) Windows NT /2000/2003
Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache 2.x, 3.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10), Web Sphere4/5, Nginx, IIS
Virtualization Technologies: VMWare ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen
Networking/protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Responsible for implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment process for Java based Spring Boot applications for D1-Mission Control Project which includes tasks like containerizing application using Docker, writing Jenkins pipelines for CI process and automating deployment process by writing Helm charts for Kubernetes/OpenShift deployment.
- Responsible for automating API testing for Horizon application which includes the whole process from designing the framework, understanding API schema in json, writing the code using python language to documenting the process.
- Responsible for enhancing the pipeline functionalities by including stages like API testing, UI - Smoke testing, Regression testing in the flow to avoid any later issues in deployment.
- Responsible for doing various PoC’s around process improvement, flow improvement and hardening of build and release flow.
- Responsible for automating various day to day tasks/workflows for saving time and reducing failure rate by writing scripts in shell and python.
- Involved in release process, handoff process and deployment process for various D1 applications like Consumer, mbanker, OAO etc. which includes tasks like artifact generation, release verification, release sanity/monitoring.
Environment: OpenShift Container Platform (OCP), Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, AZURE, Jenkins, Bitbucket, JFROG Artifactory, Auto Scaling, Web logic, Nexus, JIRA, Ansible, Oracle, Terraform, Python, Maven, Java, Linux, MS Share point, XML, Windows, Splunk, Ruby Scripts, Shell Scripts, PowerShell Scripts.
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Created AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups.
- AWS services administration: IAM, VPC, Route 53, EC2, S3, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Redshift, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation.
- Involved in build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Migrated services from a managed hosting environment to AWS including service design, network layout, data migration, automation, monitoring, deployments to ensure cost analysis, and timeline.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies using SCM tools GIT, Subversion, Bitbucket and experienced in migrating GIT repositories to AWS.
- Converted AWS infrastructure to server-less architecture (AWS Lambda) and deployed it via Terraform. Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Experience in Azure Platform Development, Hosted Cloud services, Platform as a service to anchor Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentication by writing Shell scripts and Perl , Bash , Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments.
- Worked in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Created Virtual Network in Azure for hybrid connectivity with on-premise networks ( Express Route , VPN Gateways )
- Configured Dashboards of Azure OMS and Azure AppInsights to enable end-to-end monitoring solution.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Maintained multiple cookbooks in Chef by converting production support scripts to Chef recipes to automate the configuration and management of servers.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to deploy new software and plugins and Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications. Setup Continuous Delivery pipeline using Ansible playbooks.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Built and deployed Docker containers for implementing Microservice Architecture from Monolithic Architecture.
- Orchestrated Docker container cluster using Kubernetes/Docker Swarm.
- Created repositories, branches, tags in Git and assist the developers to fix merging issues and to implement the parallel development process.
- Created custom Build & Deployment automation solutions in scripting languages including Python, Shell, UNIX shell, Ruby, Perl and PowerShell. Administered artifact tools including Nexus and Artifactory.
- Worked on Creating, branching and merging with multiple branches using Git as source code management repository to keep track of version changes.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features of with the build and release process.
- Used Service Oriented architecture SOA Web services to offer message-oriented services.
- Deployed Web Services for updating the information to the workflow steps and getting the pre-configured workflow processes.
Environment: AWS, AZURE, Lambda, Jenkins, Auto Scaling, Web logic, Nexus, JIRA, Ansible, Oracle, Terraform, Python, Maven, Java, Linux, Apache TOMCAT, ELK, GIT, LDAP, NFS, NAS, MS Share point, XML, Fedora, Windows, Splunk, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Overland Park, Kansas
- Implemented Enterprise Integration architecture using Azure Service Bus, AppService, Active Directory, Storage, hybrid connection manager, active directory authentication for azure SQL server and other offerings by azure.
- Used Azure service fabric to build and manage scalable and reliable applications composed of microservices that run at high density on a shared pool of machines.
- Explored Azure services beyond basic IaaS functionality and used Azure Resource Manager (ARM) to deploy, update, or delete all the resources for your solution in a single, coordinated operation.
- Used Terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments by using Azure DevOps to build and deploy the Terraform scripts into cloud.
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Written Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Azure Nodes and Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python SDK and automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Involved in setting up Kubernetes (k8s) clusters for running microservices and Implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution.
- Configured Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible and Cobbler. Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes using Ruby to automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK, and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Executed the automation from commit to deployment directly into Azure VM by implementing a CI/CD pipeline with the help of Azure DevOps and Chef. Setup Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Worked on Docker setup to automate container deployment through TFS 2017 and Dealt with Docker Hub, making Docker Images and taking care of various Images essentially for middleware establishments.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Worked on Setting up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and Pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Developed automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in Ansible.
- Used Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, for implementing Continuous Integration from scratch and optimized the Continuous Integration using Jenkins and enabled it to troubleshoot the deployment build issues.
- Included Vulnerability Detection as part of the CI/CD workflow using Jenkins Pipelines, SonarQube as Quality Gates.
- Worked with MAVEN for building the application, and written maven scripts and shell scripts to automate the build process. Daily maintenance of GIT source repositories and builds.
- Developed Power shell scripts to automate web application servers and automation of the build and release process and to automate certain processes for the smooth process of build tool like Maven.
- Automated the Build Infrastructure for deploying services in dockerised environment using Jenkins, SonarQube, Maven, Groovy, Job DSL, Docker and Splunk.
- Used Kafka for building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps.
- Used ELK stacking to monitor the logs for detailed analysis and worked on dashboarding using Elastic, Logstash and Kibana (ELK). Used ELK to setup real time logging and analytics for Continuous delivery pipelines and applications.
- Developed web services using JAX-WS to interact with legacy applications (backend processes).
Environment: AZURE, AWS, Load Balancers, Chef, Ansible, OpenStack Shell, Python, Linux, Jira, My SQL, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Docker, Virtualization, Kubernetes, Configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, SVN, Git, Windows
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool such as Chef. Designed cloud hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Worked on AWS cloud to provision new instances, S3 Storage Services, AWS EC2, Cloud watch services and CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins and Created IAM policies for administration in AWS to assist type applications
- Worked on configuration of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Networks and Wrote Cloud formation templates to deploy AWS resources.
- Responsible for building and configuring a virtual Data Centre in AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data warehouse hosting.
- Configured Ansible modules for AWS cloud deployment. Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on AWS environments through automated tools, Ansible / custom pipeline.
- Automated deployment using configuration Management tool like Chef to provision AWS EC2 Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and to do an overall process improvement for any manual process.
- Provisioned and Configured the Docker containers and created Docker files for different environments.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, removed images and managed Docker volumes for branching.
- Provided support on continuous improvement to agile software development team by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline. Integrated Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Confluence, JIRA and Used Git with Jenkins to integrate and automate the code checkout process.
- Architected Jenkins build pipelines in various Linux environments like RHEL, Centos and Windows to build and deploy Java applications.
- Automated various activities using scripting languages like Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell based on the requirements on case to case basis.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios with Puppet automation. Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Configured and integrated the servers for different environments to automatically provision and configuration management of Linux instances using CM/ Provisioning tool Puppet.
- Worked on setting up Linux servers for Oracle Real Application Clusters and configuring SAN based mount points and Performed day to day Linux administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares, permissions.
Environment: Linux, AWS, Perl, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Nagios, PHP, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Docker, Vagrant, SVN, Ant, Bash, PowerShell, NT Command Shell.
Build & Release Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Worked in Agile Project management Process, used JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring and with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post-development environments.
- Administered RedHat Linux 4.x/5 servers for several functions including managing Apace Tomcat Server, Mail Server, MySQL database and Firewalls in both development and production environments.
- Developed and maintained the build environment, the source code control system and managed build packages using GIT and GIT Hub.
- Worked on Branching, Tagging and Release Activities on Version Control Tools (GIT) and was involved in setting up the GIT repository for Bamboo build jobs.
- Integrated Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Maintained multiple Modules in Puppet by converting production support scripts to Puppet Manifests to automate the configurations in servers.
- Created a custom puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for ANT builds. Created and modified build configuration files including Build.xml.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool to move from one environment to the other environment.
- Involved in Installing, upgrading and configuring Linux Servers using Kickstart as well as manual installations and the recovery of root password.
Environment: Linux, Perl, Puppet, Bamboo, Nagios, PHP, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Vagrant, SVN, Ant, PowerShell, NT Command Shell.
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle ( SDLC ) including Requirements Collection, Analysis, Development and Customization of the Application through Agile TDD methodology .
- Designed and Developed Representational state transfer ( REST ) based services and Simple Object Access Protocol ( SOAP ) based services as part of the requirement.
- Used XML and JSON for transferring/retrieving data between different Applications.
- Developed reusable components using Custom Directives in AngularJS .
- Used Angular 2 framework for building web-apps and is highly efficient in integrating with Restful services.
- Implemented Microservices for loose coupling and granularity of application.
- Extensively used the J2EE design patterns like Session Facade, Business Object (BO), Service Locator, Data Transfer Object (DTO) and Data Access Object (DAO), Singleton, Factory.
- Configured and deployed the application using Tomcat and Web Sphere .
- Developed UNIT test cases using JUnit and Mockito and configured them through Maven surefire plugins to be part of continuous integration.
- Used Log4j along with Splunk for logging error/debug messages and managing them.
- Used SVN for Version Control tool and Clear Quest for bug tracking tool.
- Installation, configuration, backup, recovery, maintenance and support of RedHat Linux and Solaris.
- User account management worked with shell scripting (bash) to automate administration tasks.
- Troubleshooting Day-to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms.
- File system Administration, Setting up Disk Quota, solutions on SAN/NAS storage.
- Configuration, implementation and administration of Clustered servers on SUSE Linux environment.
- Configuring backups on newly built servers and monitoring failed backups.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, SVN.
- Troubleshoot issues with VMs running on VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6.0. Review hypervisor logs using vSphere web and thick client. Troubleshoot performance and storage issues. Build, migrate and clone machines.
Environment : RedHat Linux, Solaris, RPM, YUM, SAN, NAS, HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, VMware, Hypervisor, MYSQL, Tomcat, Bash