- Creative People Management, Negotiation Skills, PACE Project Management
- Statistical Process Control, TQM, ISO - 9001, CMM
- Omniture Test and Target, Eloqua, OANDA, Salesforce.com, Oracle EBS, SAP, Cybersource, Digital River, RightNow, Linkshare, Refer a Friend PVCS Tracker, Test Track Pro, Test Case Management, Requisite Pro, Perforce, Harvest, HP Test Director/Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, HP LoadRunner, Selenium IDE/RC, Query Analyzer, SOAP UI, VMware, Web Services, HTTP Sniffer, Target Process, Rally Informix, MS SQL Server, My SQL, Oracle, Ab Initio, TCL, ISPF, JCL C, C++, firmware, Java, PHP, HTML, SQL, AWK, SED, Web Services, XML, middlewareFirebug, XPath, browser testing Windows, Solaris UNIX, IBM SP2, IBM AIX UNIX, HP UNIX, Linux, Proprietary Operating Systems and Firmware, Apache MS Office, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Excel, Sharepoint, Confluence Agile, Waterfall, Iterative
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Create, execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross - functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Setup and maintain testing environments.
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Springfield, OR
- Successfully lead the QA effort to add PCI compliance requirements to customer data encryption methods on Confidential Customer Renewal portal
- Responsibilities included developing, executing and managing test plans and test cases.
- Conducted several code reviews which helped improved product quality by identifying coding and architectural defects early in the development process.
- Mentored Junior QA analyst in Testing Methodologies, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Resolution and communication skills.
- Executed Load testing, with LoadRunner, during major projects.
Sr. Software Test Analyst
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Lead a team of local and regional global off-shore Test Analysts in the standardization and verification of CSS web based applications and their transfer to IT Software Application Support. White box, black box, functional, integration, system, user acceptance, load and regression testing, manual and automated.
- Mentor junior analysts on risk-based testing, requirements to test case traceability, defect tracking and test script automation.
- Work is on cross-functional projects that affect multiple IT applications and segments.
- Lead in analyzing project requirements and design. Select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions. Interact with other testing members, manager and extensive interaction with development, project management, business partners and external vendors/suppliers.
- Perform estimation efforts on complex projects and tracks progress.
- Works on the highest level of problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Draft and revise test plans and scripts.
- Execute test scripts according to application requirements documentation.
- Debug and log defects.
- Document, evaluate and research test results. Retest software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Contribute to the Testing Process definition, documentation and implementation.
Sr. Test Eng.
Confidential, Springs, CO
- Lead test related activities on new product development. Serve as an active member of new product development teams with the responsibilities of ensuring design for testability and development of test deliverables to production.
- Test deliverables included the development of: test methods, procedures, automated tests using software (LabView), test equipment/fixtures, setting up production test areas and providing technician training. Provide technical support for production test related issues as well as customer field problems.
- This includes doing root cause analysis on re - occurring test failures and leading corrective action efforts. Initiate, justify and implement test-related enhancements needed for increased
- Production capacity, improved test yields, reduced cycle time and opportunity for error.
- Interface between Manufacturing and other departments/suppliers in regards to test related functions.
- Mentor other test engineers and technicians. Independently identify and solve technical and test related issues with little or no supervision or direction, and follow through to completion.
Sr. QA Analyst, Lead
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Lead a team of QA Analysts responsible for the systems requirements validation of the Mass Markets IT Informix data warehouse, a business critical, large scale, and multi-platform system. IBM SP2, AS400, ETL, Sun Solaris UNIX, AIX UNIX, batch, C, Informix, SQL, SED, AWK. White box, integration test, system test, user acceptance testing, and regression testing. Automated testing using UNIX Batch files. PVCS Tracker defect tracking.
- Provided estimates of Level of Effort, plan work and identified resource requirements.
- Designed master test plans and schedules.
- Lead analysts in system test planning, execution, validation and reporting.
- Defined Test Plan and Test Procedure requirements.
- Developed automated test tools, as needed. Set up and maintained test environments.
- Defined a revision control process for managing system test cases and test documentation.
- Tested and critiqued software components and interfaces in technical depth, wrote test programs to assure quality, and developed test tools to increase effectiveness.
- White box, black box, unit test, system test, user acceptance test, regression test. Identified and tracked defects; reported project outcomes to the project team.
- Identified test design and implementation improvements, ran pilot projects to measure their impact, and drove adoption across various product development teams.
- Participated in Requirements Analysis Review, Technical Reviews, and conducted Peer Reviews.
- Mentored Junior Analysts.
NPI Test Engineer
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Oversaw the product transfer from design to manufacturing. Lead design reviews for manufacturability, testability, and serviceability.
- Defined, developed, documented, and implemented the production test plan, equipment and software for an $80M product line.
- Production testing included testing of; low voltage power supplies, IBM PC compatible mother boards, video graphics adapters, LC Displays, modems, hard disk drives, floppy drives, USB ports, serial ports, keyboards, NICs and custom data acquisition hardware.
- Experienced with all aspects of product development including high level electrical theory and mechanical design along with knowledge of manufacturing and quality engineering. Schematic capture in a HP UNIX environment and printed circuit board proto-type turn-on.
- Provided the necessary engineering support and coordination of prototype builds to ensure that new assemblies were completed on time and on budget.
- Provided feedback to appropriate engineering and support groups to ensure smooth transition from prototype to production.
- Reviewed and interpreted customer specifications.
- Provided engineering expertise for all technical issues related to the customer's product.
- Gathered, understood and converted customer data into usable information. Verified that specifications conformed to customer, industry and company standards. Selected and programmed manufacturing equipment to build product.
- Developed automated tests using Mercury WinRunner on Win98, C++ applications. PVCS Tracker defect tracking.
- Wrote custom tests using C, C++ for embedded firmware, and hardware in a HP UNIX environment.
- Assisted manufacturing with the first run of product. Developed specialized tools to ease assembly and test.
- Developed and executed assembly/test strategy for new products including DFx analysis and feedback.
- Supported the transition of customer's products to manufacturing and participated with peers to ensure successful handoffs.
- ISO 9000 Internal Auditor, Product Life Cycle Definition Team Contributor.
MFG Sustaining Eng.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Provided fast, effective support on all customer hardware and firmware sustaining issues.
- Assessed processes and structures in place and made appropriate changes to improve upon product manufacturing and test methods, yield enhancement, product characterization, production documentation and training programs. Directed a team of technicians to monitor and analyze processes to identify opportunities for process improvement and variability reduction.
- Performed quality control, quality assurance and auditing, discrepant material disposition and root - cause corrective action follow up for product-related failures and issues.
- Participated in major product upgrades on HW and SW including making changes to
- Product hardware and software design, testing of design changes and release of product for shipments.
- Reviewed and approved all drawing and specification change requests before production release.
- Evaluated and approved design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Ensured that document changes were reviewed with respect to effect on fit, form, and function.
- Worked with purchasing, materials engineering and suppliers to determine acceptable substitute components.
- Supported Commodity Team process in supplier selection, performance, and cost reductions.
- Defined and implemented key measurement points that lead to improved production cycle times.