- 10+ years of experience in IT industry, out of which 3.2 yrs. in USA and 7.4 years in India.
- He has sound domain expertise in Telecom, DevOps Implementation, System design and administration.
- Demonstrated System administration skills on AIX and Linux, expertise in Azure and AWS cloud technologies
- Proficient in configuring DevOps tools and maintaining them in a large infrastructure hosted on cloud and Virtual environment to support the Micro services Framework, has 6+ years of experience in DevOps/Cloud.
- Working on many DevOps tools including Ansible, Docker & Kubernetes CI/Build & deployment automations managed on the Cloud environments.
- He has gained extensive domain knowledge on the Confidential & Confidential web and application along these years.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: AIX(5.3, 6.1, 7.1), RHEL (5.x, 6.x, 7x), SUSE Linux (9,10,11), Sun Solaris (9,10,11), FreeBSD (7.x, 8.x, 9.x), CentOS 5,6, OEL 5/6, OSXHP - UX,, Windows 2003, 2008, VMware ESX (3.5,4.0)
DEVOPS TECHNOLOGIES: CI/CD stack build, spinnaker, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, service mesh istio Prometheus, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, ApacheNginx+, Microservices, zookeeper, Kafka, borrow Architecture, OpenStack, Git, Codecloud, Monitoring - ELK stack, SplunkGrafanaDynatrace, Strongloop Gateway. PaaS, CaaS. Cloud technologies: Confidential & Confidential Cloud, AWS, Azure Ansible, Chef, Terraform,helm, packer
AUTOMATION VOLUME MANAGEMENT: Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) 4x, 5.x, 6.0, Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
HIGH AVAILABILITY: HACMP, nginx load balancing, haproxy, Veritas, Cluster Server 4.x, 5.x
WEB APPLICATION: WebLogic 8.x, 9.0, 10, WebSphere 5.x, 6.x
SERVERS: Netscape/iPlanet Server, Apache Server 1.3.x, 2.2.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x6.x, 7.x
SCRIPTING: Bash, Python
VIRTUALIZATION: VMware, VCenter, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, Virtual Box
SECURITY: Twistlock, Black Duck
DevOps/Cloud Infra automation/Cloud architect
Functional Skills: Azure Caas, Paas, Iaas. Terraform, AzureDevOps, helm templating, Aks, Packer, solution designing, infrastructure automation, IAC pipelines.
- Plan, Design, Engineer and Lead the architecture and implementation of cloud solutions with appropriate technologies and capabilities to meet the business requirements
- Creating the IAC pipeline to deploy the whole infra and other components
- Understand in-depth the cloud technology trends, emerging new ideas, options and solutions available on how to evolve the capabilities and utilization within the firm to address the evolving operating model
- Proactively and continuously investigate, monitor the current-state cloud usage, solutions in use, to identify gaps, limitations and come up with the required solutions and remediation's
- Design and implement mission-critical cloud platform and services that are scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, with multi-region deployment models
- Lead creation of cloud focused standards, building blocks and patterns to ensure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable and resilient
- Lead and collaborate with other enterprise architects, application architects and security architects to deliver a solid and secure IaaS and PaaS platform in Azure
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls and thorough documentation
- Lead and Provide subject matter experience, thought leadership expertise on cloud solutions as well as knowledge transfer and mentoring other team members
Functional Skills: Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, SVN, ELK, nexus, Jenkins, dynatrace, splunkAWS, Azure, oracle, weblogic, CHEF, ansible, Atlassian, nginx+apache webservers, Ant, Maven, Hazlecast, Prometheus, grafanasonar, ELK, kafka, heketi, gluster, istio-service mess, heapstercassandra, sosta,Twistlock, checkmarks and fortify, RedisinfluxDB.
- Implementing DevOps supporting tools, configuring Build, Release and Configuration Management on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Deploying application on the AWS cloud and configuring various services like ELK, EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, VPC, Route53, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, RDS, Dynamo DB, ELB, Autoscaling, CloudWatch, etc.
- Physical Kafka deployment of infrastructure across multiple environments
- Kafka Optimization and tuning
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Creating infrastructure on Google cloud platform which includes configuring Computing, Networking, storage and Database.
- Cost evaluation of different cloud platforms to select which provider is cost efficient and fits for our infrastructure and meets the requirements.
- Providing design for the new infrastructure.
- Evaluating and deploying new open-source tools to enhance the infrastructure functionality
- Participation on all IT Architectural & Design calls for new project requirements and projects estimations
- Build and configured the deployable artifacts using Maven, Ant, Gradle, SBT and stored them on the Nexus, SVN and GIT repositories
- Working on Jenkins as part of continuous integration and used it as an automation tool for builds and deployment.
- Running security scans and fixing the vulnerabilities and the compliances
- Managing all Phases of Software Life Cycle with emphasis on Designing, Developing, Implementation, Deployment and Support of Distributed Enterprise Scalable, Secure and Transactional Applications.
- Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), Codecloud
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins (Hudson) Continuous Delivery/provisioning tools like Puppet, chef, Ansible and Atlassian Tools Confluence and Jira.
- Deploying Kubernetes on AWS environment and deploying applications on it and providing the whole design for it taking care of the application requirements and configuring resources on AWS
- Managing Users and Groups through Identity and Access Management (IAM) and set Roles, Policies and Permissions to access AWS resources.
- Tracking bugs on Jira.
- Hazelcast upgrade (3.9) for Store-by- in near cache and dynamic Data Structure Configuration and hardware expansion for Common Online Solution for Caching
- Extensively working on Docker and container orchestration platform tools like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Working closely with teams, to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Utilize Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Work closely with the API team in unifying authentication methods and providing proper transaction tracing throughout the entirety of the stack. For infrastructure, investigated and deployed Kibana, Grafana & Prometheus.
- Monitoring and Setup notification of the Microservices to send notifications via Email and alert manager.
- Configuring Prometheus and influx DB for persistence of the data.
- Provide solutions for the persistent storage of the applications by providing estimate of the storage and creating appropriate PV for it.
- Maintaining application logs and using splunk and logstash
- Configuring heketi to use host volume for the applications.
- Glusterfs configuration on the Kubernetes cluster.
DevOps - Associate Tech Specialist
Functional Skills: IoT, Kafka, zookeeper, ELK stack, RabbitMQ, Open stack, Google cloudAWS, Ubuntu, Linux, centos, BOSH, MySQL, Cloud foundry, DockerKubernetes, GIT, SVN, Jenkins, dynatrace, splunk, aws, oracle, weblogicCHEF, ansible, Atlassian, apache webservers, Ant and Mavendynatrace
- Helping the Development team building IoT (Internet of things)
- Responsible for the installation, setup and configuration of cloud environment for development
- Responsible for the installation, setup and configuration of multiple non-cloud servers for the Cloud development promotion cadence
- Tomcat administration
- Responsible for the installation and setup of 3 party software desiring to be certified with application software
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using VM Ware, Docker containers and Chef.
- Setting up Change Management process and standardizing the policies for various applications
- Installing the application software in a multiple server cloud environment Setup the Chef Workstation, Chef Server and chef nodes.
- Installing, configuring and integrating Kafka, Zookeeper as per the application requirements.
- Worked on scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Integrating the Bosh deployment with chef.
- Responsible for troubleshooting complex infrastructure environment issues as related to the application software
- Good understanding of relational database table structure and dependencies.
- Responsible for deploying the infrastructure using Chef
- Responsible for continuous integration of projects using Jenkins.
- Responsible for shipping the VM’s using Docker
- Responsible for administration of the AWS and Openstack environment.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects
- Refined automation components with scripting and Ansible.
- Setup the Jenkins jobs for Continuous integration (CI) process and to execute test cases
Associate Team Lead
Functional Skills AIX, Power servers, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Vmware, ESXi 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 6.0, HACMP, LVM, Veritas Volume ManagerEMC VMAX, VNX, Net App SAN/FAS Solutions, VMware, VCenter server, VMWare web client, KVM, Xen, Solaris, HMC
- Automated the client infrastructure to reduce the number of ticket counts.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining AIX Servers.
- Power 5/6/7 Pseries configuration, LPAR, DLPAR, VIO and implementation.
- Configuration and administration of Logical volume manager.
- Working on EMC SAN environment.
- Performance issues
- O.S patching and O.S Migration.
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue.
- Working with Logical Partitions LPAR, Hardware Management Console HMC, Dynamic Logical Partitioning DLPAR, Micro-Partitioning and System Management Services menu SMS
- Providing professional consultancy services for AIX, VIOS, HMC, and pSeries hardware
- AIX user management
- AIX system security management
- OS Level backup and restore Operations includes mksysb/VG backup or file systems using netbackup
- Working on NPIV and SEA
- Configuring HACMP cluster
- Veritas Cluster Server Storage EMC Hitachi.
- Working with the client to set up and implement the change requests and the plans for the activities
- Working with the vendor support and client to resolve the chronic issues
- Installed, configured ESX as well as patched ESX 5/6. Performed Physical to Virtual
- (P2V) and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) server migration using VMware Converter Configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, SSH, DHCP, DNS, AD, NFS, LDAP and NIS.
- Monitoring hypervisor resources, Upgrades, OS Backups, Migrations, User Account Maintenance, Patch Management and other daily system administration functions.
- Monitoring Multiple Tasks of Networking with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Servers (SLES), Windows Servers, using tools of Nagios, SPLUNK
- Building, installing, and managing KVM virtualization on SUSE 11/12 on HP ProLiant BL490c G6/G7, Colfax.
- Configured KSM for memory de-duplication and over commitment
- Writing shell script to deploy vm’s on KVM.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager and scanning the disks and bring the LUNS into Veritas Volume Manager Control.
- Root disk Mirroring and replacing failed disk by using Veritas Volume Manager and troubleshoot on different type of plex issues and recovers the plexes.
- Configure and maintain High availability clustering using Veritas Cluster server on RHEL
- Created cron job and scripted a process to create flash archives on monthly basis.
Lead Tech Serv - Ops
- Provided server administration to support business objectives in IT infrastructure environment.
- Analyzing multiple errors reporting on servers P4/P5/P6/P7 including software and hardware.
- Supported for IBM p5-p6-p7, servers running IBM AIX 5.3, 6.1 in virtualized environment.
- Extensively hands on experience for troubleshooting LVM and system management.
- Install and upgrade AIX 5x 6x systems via NIM and troubleshooting networks.
- TCP/IP Configuration like assigning IP addresses, configuring network interfaces, assigning static routes.
- Applied software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases.
- Utilize HMC to create redundant virtual I/O servers and assign shared resources to logical partitions (LPARs).
- Provided on call support for IBM SSR (Onsite tech) in installing different power servers and, Fixing hardware issues by providing parts replacement procedure.
- Update Firmware/Microcode for Fiber Channel Adapter and Ethernet Adapters.
- Update and Upgrade firmware level of P4/P5/P6/P7 servers, HMC and VIO servers & clients.
- Performed migration of AIX to versions 5.3, 6.1 from lower versions of AIX to current level.
- Security, users, groups’ administration and daily backup and restore operations,
- Extensive experience in installing, upgrading, removing, verifying packages and APARS using insta llp utility on AIX.
- Worked in fast paced 24*7 supports for production/development environment through Retain and Maximo Service Desk ticketing system. micro Partitioning (LPAR, DLPAR)
- Configuring and troubleshooting TCPIP network.
- Set up and configure virtual recourses (virtual scsi, virtual Ethernet, virtual FC) Good communication skills & well versed with group work.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills; flexibility; ability to plan and organize; responsiveness and creativity.