- 18+ years of IT experience as Functional QA Test Management / Project Management; 9 years as Test Manager (5+ years) / Automation Lead (2+ years) / UAT Lead (1 year) Scrum Master (1 year); 7+ years as Test Lead; 2+ years as developer. Presently working as “IT Quality Control Test Archit” role for Anthem in Atlanta, GA. I worked in SDLC includes Agile, DevOps & Waterfall.
- Experienced Test Manager / Test Program Manager / Scrum Master - Drive all QA Test effort - Functional Testing, Web Services Testing, Performance Testing, Database Testing, ETL Testing, UAT Test coordination, Test data coordination, Conduct Defect Triage meeting, Meeting with Business, Technology team to clarify requirements / issues / dependencies etc.,
- Industry experience: Banking & Mortgage, Health care, Financial/Insurance, Information, Media & Entertainment/ Digital Asset Management.
- Skills area: Have experience in Test Management, Agile / Scrum development as Scrum Master, GUI Testing, Web Services Testing (SOAP / REST API), ETL Testing, Database Testing (DB2/Oracle SQL), Mainframe Testing. Also, have exposure to Devops Testing- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development, BDD, TDD etc.
- Software / Tools worked but not limited to: DB2/RapidSQL, Oracle, HP ALM, JIRA, SoATest, SOAP UI Pro, IBM Reqpro, Rational Quality Manager, Clear Quest, SharePoint, TFS, BI tools MicroStrategy, all MS Office products (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Tools Knowledge/Hands on & Exposure on Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Maven, Junit, TestNG, GIT
- Tools Knowledge & Exposure on Jenkins and Dev ops technology
- I contributed for SOW Solution proposal for Automation tools such as Automation anywhere, TOSCA.
- Expert in waterfall project management methodologies and exposure to Agile, DevOps methodologies. Able to manage large project teams and known for high-quality deliverables that meet or exceed timeline and budgetary targets. Certified Scrum Master from Scrum Alliance.
- Exposure in Agile Methods, including Scrum, Kanban and exposure to SAFe.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills/Metrics Reporting/Executive Status reporting
- Exceptional ability to maintain and build client relationships, meeting with clients, able to comfortably communicate with all facets in the client’s organization.
- Excellence in leadership role with interaction between technical teams and client/business stakeholders
- Strong capability in waterfall and Agile projects and drive towards successful Business goal.
- Detail oriented Manager with dedication to process improvement and creative thinker.
Testing Technique: Web Service, Functional/Black Box, Regression, System Testing, UAT, Performance Testing
Testing Methodologies: Waterfall Sprint, Agile Iterations, V model
Automation Tools knowledge: Selenium Web driver / Java Environment, Eclipse, Jenkins, GIT, Cucumber, Maven, Junit, Test NG, REST API Test Automation, Postman client.
Web Service Tool: SoapUI Pro 5.0.0 (for API service testing), Advanced REST Client (Chrome Extension)
Technologies: Web, Mainframe
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, COBOL, CICS
DBMS: TOAD for Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Data Management: Knowledge in Big Data/Hadoop Technologies, Mongo DB etc.
Operating System: Mainframe, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Linux, MAC, UNIX
Databases & Tools: TOAD for Oracle, DB2/Rapid SQL, SQL Developer
Key Skills Software: Rational tools (ReqPro, RTC, RDNG, RQM, ClearQuest ), HP ALM, UFT, Jira, Parasoft SoATest, Soap UI Pro, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Others - Mainframe tools, TFS
Performance Testing tools: JMeter, Load runner
Business Tools: Microsoft Project 2007, 2010
Other Tools: TFS (Team Foundation Server), Fiddler 2.0
Test Manager / UAT Lead
Environment: Web Services Testing, web Testing with multiple browser & multiple OS (Windows & MAC), Database Testing with tools Quality Center, Putty Editor for UNIX, SOAP UI Pro, Fiddler tool, JMeter
- Strong hands on Java, Selenium in Eclipse.
- Update Page factory in existing framework for addition or modification of web Element references.
- Develop, maintain automation scripts & executed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Develop and update existing automation framework BDD, TDD and setting up test data.
- Prioritize, parameterize, group scripts in TestNG Framework.
- REST API Testing Automation through Rest Assured API and used Postman client as required.
- Update POM.xml in Maven and update / build configuration dependencies set up as required.
- Provide the test data inputs by coordinating with Application, Business for the stories identified to team.
- Provide inputs on Daily Scrum meeting for the status of tasks completed.
- Lead or help to execute daily automation scripts after every build from Dev ops team.
- Prioritize automation scripts activity with Onshore / Offshore team.
- Raise any impediments and escalations for the automation team to Scrum Master as required.
- Set up the expectation with team OR Own the priority of Automation scripts execution that need to be run after each build by Dev ops team for Java, Selenium, TEST NG scripts or QTP scripts.
- Set up or Update existing Automation framework, follow Organization standards, Best practices.
- Review the Automation test results and execute scripts for Project team and Stake holders.
- Exposure with Continuous Integration / Continuous development process with Jenkins, Maven & and Hands on with Selenium tool when required.
Test Manager, UAT Lead
- Analyze the requirements of project and Understand the Dev, testing effort and arrive Budget.
- Work with Stake holders and develop Project plan, Communication Plan, Project Charter
- Prepare, Review Test strategy for the identified QA scope. Review Test Strategy with Project team - ITPM, Test Architect, Solution Architect, Business Analyst, Development, SIT / UAT Test leads/ Performance Testing / End to End / Testers, Business Leads.
- Coordinate on Test Plan, Test Approach, Test data preparation strategy, test environment details, Entry/Exit Criteria, Test Schedule, Communication guidelines on meetings, Defect Management plan, Tool links, Share point link of Artifacts, Approvers of the document.
- Secure Test Lead Resources by reaching out to resource manager or raise Resource Intake.
- Review the Functional requirements & design documents & provide the comments.
- Participate in Functional specification review, HLD Review, LLD Review meetings.
- Coordinate to schedule Testability review and work with BA’s to address requirement defects reported.
- Coordinate with Architect to develop Solution Context diagram and analyze system impacted along with Dev team, testers.
- Estimate effort for the Resources, resource capacity and manage Schedule for Project / testing activities as per Release timelines by analyzing the requirements of project & share to PM.
- Schedule meetings for Test preparation, Test Execution, Defect triage on daily /weekly basis with internal, external (Client Product management team, Business) stake holders.
- Identify & Report dependencies, risks / mitigation & escalate / communicate to PM & Project stake holders.
- As UAT Lead, review Test results with Business & Stake holders.
- Get Business Sign off on Test deliverables Project Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test cases, Test Execution Summary document.
- Define supported system browsers and operating systems with client inputs & get sign off.
- Coordinate / Identify Automation Opportunity and work with APT (Automation Provisioning & Testing) team to arrive Automation.
- Mentor QA team in implementing Quality Assurance best practices.
- Participate in release planning and Release management meeting to understand or provide the inputs on the QA activities status & updates.
- Perform root cause analysis with team on defects, Production issues/concerns.
- Coordinate Regression test suite Maintenance on Manual & Automation test cases/scripts.
- Coordinate communication with onshore and offshore team on the task allocation, issues or query clarification.
- Provide Strong leadership to build a testing team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation.
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifact is documented and maintained through Knowledge portal & updated in share point.
- Publish test cases with Project team & coordinate and / or Incorporate the feedback/views on the test coverage.
- Define & Develop Report templates for status reports and test cases.
- Publish Status Report (Daily, Weekly etc.) to the Project stake holders.
- Act as the point of contact between Development and Testers on the issues clarification & provide guidance to the team.
- Participate in the Weekly Prioritization meeting & provide the QA task Inputs.
- Skilled in interacting & Acted as liaison with multiple stakeholders PMO, Development teams, testing teams, Client SME’s & PMO’s and Product teams for effective project management on project execution.
- Coordinate Requirements Management (User stories, Epics, Product and Sprint Backlogs), Change Control Management through working with Product Manager, Scrum Development team.
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
- Work closely with the Business to perform & support UAT
- Develops SCRUM reports and artifacts to include User Stories, Velocity Charts, Burndown chart
- Facilitate & drive Sprint Planning / grooming ceremonies, Daily Scrum meeting, Sprint Retrospective meeting etc.
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Represents the team at the Scrum of Scrum meetings to report / resolve impediments, escalate when required
- Provide guidance and direction through experience and perform as subject matter expertise.
- Ensure successful completion of sprints/releases within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters.
- Report Agile / Devops metrics (Defect escape rate, Automation pass %, Story Velocity, Burndown progress, Tasks & Issues status, completion status, lead time etc) to Leadership team.
- Consider team feedback and to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve.
- Coordinate with Scrum master and Test Leads in Agile projects to drive Test deliverables.