- 10+ years of total experience in software development and QA, 8+ years of experience in Java technologies, white box testing
- Experienced in all areas of SDLC processes including requirements gathering, business analysis, software, design, development, testing, defect tracking, troubleshooting, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, management, and reporting
- Worked as a QA software programmer for Confidential technologies for 9 months, Business QA analyst for BCBS MA for 6 months, Lead Systems Test Engineer for Confidential for 1 year, Worked for 3M (Health Information Systems) as Lead QA Automation Engineer for last 2 ½ years
- Experienced in implementing Agile scrum methodology; developing and leading software QA programs and teams; developing test metrics, test strategy, test plans, built test beds and automation infrastructure; built frameworks to execute tests and analyzing results
- Experienced in performing all types of testing including manual, automated, functional, installation, acceptance, compatibility, load, stress, UAT, performance, volume, data driven, backend.
- Extensively used testing tools like Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver Selenium Grid, QTP, QC, SOAP UI, Winrunner, Loadrunner
- Extensively worked on Java/J2EE technologies including core Java 1.6, Junit 4, Ant, maven, Apache Tomcat, Jakarta Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Swing, Applet, Apache Tomcat, PL/SQL,
- Experience in automation technologies like, Jenkins, CI - box, Selenium Grid/RC/Webdriver, Maven, Ant, Junit benchmark, Httpwatch, BrowserMob proxy, Dyna trace, Jmeter, Watir
- Experienced in creating Java Technology based web application, web portals, standalone applications, component development, database design and GUI interfaces
- Strong background in the area of Medical Insurance, Health Information Systems, Coding and Reimbursements, Cinincal and Economical research, Geographical Information Systems and Financial Services
- Have international work experience, worked with geographically dispersed organizations (US; India; Japan; UK, Poland, France). Excellent analytical and communication skills and team work qualities
Web Tech: Html/Dhtml, Xml,XSL,XSLT
Language: Core Java 1.2-1.6 (J2EE/J2SE), Swing, Applets, C, C#
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Sql Server 2005, Mysql, Postgres
Framework: Ajax, Struts 1.1/1.0/2.3, Spring 2.0, Hibernate 2.1,3.1
App Servers: Apache Tomcat 7, JBoss, Liferay portall
Build Tools: Ant 1.6x
Testing Tool: QTP 9, Quality Center 9, Jmeter, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid2, SoapUI, JIRA, Winrunner 9. Loadrunner 9, Test Director 8, Clear Case, Clear Quest
OS: Win 2000, 98, Xp, Linux red hat enterprise linux 6, Ubuntu 11, UNIX
Version Control: IBM Rational Synergy, CVS, Git,Garret
Automation tools: CI box, Ant, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins
CR &Bug Tracking tools: Quality Center, IBM Rational Synergy, IBM Rational Change, IBM Rational Door, Spira team,Mantis, Bugzilla
GUI: Windows, X-windows
IDE: Eclipse 3.7, Netbeans, Jbuilder
Software QA programmer
- Created test strategy and test plan from scratch for a brand new project,
- Worked as a White box test programmer, wrote a suite of functionality tests using java, junit 4, Hibernate 3, maven, developed suite of performance tests using junit benchmark framework to benchmark backend query and report generation process.
- Wrote programs in Java, Hibernate 3 to build test data generation framework to produce large volume data, implemented dependency injection,
- Implemented data profiling scripts to massage/validate data and determine edge case combinations
- Build selenium grid2 framework to run recorded selenium RC/Webdriver test script on Firefox and IE in an automated environment. Built entire test library in Selenium Webdriver
- Implemented Page Object Model in Selenium to decouple test scripts from directly referencing UI elements. Wrote java Selenium extention to test JQueryUI Tab widgets
- Implemented Jmeter, BrowserMob proxy and HttpWatch along with Selenium to capture UI level performance metrics.
- Set up Jenkins server to configure and schedule regular builds, automated junit unit test executions and selenium test, monitor project builds and analyze test results
- Provided mentoring and technical training to QA and developer team on how to use selenium, record/modify test and run them on the grid.
- Tested QCP path finder program, wrote clinical test cases. Boundary/edge cases, analyzed results, test code blocks, analyze performance issues, report bugs
Business Quality Analyst
- Created Business Use Cases and Test Plans for Testing BCBSMA's BQi New Business Enrollment and Renewals
- Used HP Quality Center to write/manage Test Plans, enter/track defects, generate test sets, monitor testruns, requirement coverage, execution status, defect per user and generate reports
- Created and managed regression suite, wrote scripts and queries to test backend, created tracebility matrix to analyze coverage
- Executed automated test, manual tests, performed ad hoc testing, reported issues and incidents
- Worked with external vendors like IBM and Connecture for Systems Integration testing and UAT
- Wrote defects, change requests and enhancement requests on Spira Team and Quality Center for external vendors like IBM and Connecture
- Proposed solutions for automation enhancements, used VB scripts and QTP to auotmate regression test sets, used JIRA for coding integrating and customer work flows, used SoapUI for deployment, functional testing, load testing of web application,
- Followed Agile scrum methodologies sprint based development and delivery
Systems Test Engineer
- Tested, debugged, troubleshot and wrote fixes for different applications and components written in core Java by the development team. Debugged and wrote fixes for PL/SQL queries and procedures.
- Performed extensive White box testing to test internal workings of the programs. Wrote programs in Java /Junit for unit testing and integration testing. Built test suite that would perform regression test, system, installation validation and integrity checks each time there is a code modification
- Devised automated testing of Intelligent Mailing and Barcoding system using Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Junit and SoapUI, Used TestNG, Maven and Hudson for automated regression testing and smok testing
- Used Selenium, Winrunner and Loadrunner to automate performance and load testing. Used tools such as HP/Mercury QTP, Quality Center, Test Director and Test Partner
- Documented test cases and identified/performed use cases to test the data collection, production management, automation and reporting components of the Postage Accounting and Funds Management; Document Lifecycle Tracking, Intelligent Mailing Bar Coding and Postal manifesting for the DFWorks product suite.
- Performed tests on win 2003, win 2008 platforms and Linux RHEL.
- Developed test strategy and test plan for Intelligent Mailing and Barcoding module, reviewed business requirements and and also wrote test requirements, technical documentation and installation and configuration manual.
- Carried out backend testing using PL/SQL and data validation tests for data migration from 9i to 11g, developed migration strategy, planned, scheduled and lead QA team for migration from oracle 9i to 11G
- Performed export, import testing, testing backend installation, migration testing and data validation
- Troubleshoot and reported bugs for Intelligent Mailing Barcoding module and Postage Module and DFwork installation. Used QTP for web based application testing.
- Built and maintained servers to mimic actual customer environment and built infrastructure for live product demo
- Served as a Tech Lead, coordinated team effort and mentored for offshore teams from France and Poland. Provided on call technical support to customers like Citi Group, Verizon, Liberty mutual, Regulus group
- Conducted scrum meetings and followed agile methodology, lead test teams for dfworks projects
Confidential, Wallingford CT
QA Analyst and Infrastructure Automation Engineer
- Re-engineered groupers and components from legacy languages like AWK, Domain into core Java for testing purposes and documentation purposes. Wrote several new grouper components in core Java language.
- Developed programs and tool in core Java to build test harness, automated generation of test data, wrote test suite programs in Junit to test components, created GUI based analysis tool, wrote programs in Java to analyze test coverage of all clinical combinations and pathways.
- Wrote programs in Java, Junit to generate data for automated data driven testing. Used Selenium IDE, Selenium RC and Selenium Grid to generate automation test suite
- Wrote a test suites for unit testing and integration testing in Java/Junit for testing the internal code of components. Also developed frameworks that would trigger the execution of entire test suite for automation
- Used Continuous Integration (CI box) Cruise Control with Ant to automate batch testing of large volumes of test cases. Used testing tools like QTP along with descriptive programming for automated executing of test suite and Quality Center for writing test plans and defect tracking
- Analyzed business, functional requirements, reviewed clinical specification, change requests and determined testing requirements
- Lead Agile scrum meetings, Created test schedule for the testing team according to Agile scrum methodology, Architected and implemented agile testing practices. Created test plans, test cases/ test data, executed tests and analyzed results
- Configured test environment and create strategy for product development and certification. Generated test data, schedule automated/manual tests. Approve results, documentation and tracking systems updates. Tracked and reported defects on IBM Rational Change.
- Involved in the complete lifecycle of the project, from designing architecture, development, unit testing, bug fixing to providing support for successful production deployment.
Environment: Windows XP, JDK1.6.0, Eclipse 3.0, Icefaces facelets 3.6,JSF 2.0, JUnit, Ant, Swing, IBM Rational Synergy, IBM Rational Change, IBM Rational Doors, Wiki, MS Sharepoint,