- To utilize my top - notch firmware programming skills in developing exciting embedded products: drivers, services, applications and validations etc.
- 10+ years of experience in designing and developing Embedded System products
- Dexterous in Medical, Automotive and Industrial Automation domains.
- Expert in C, 32 bit Micro Controllers - ARM Cortex M, A, Power PC, NEC V850, Cold Fire with good understanding and experience in Bus and Device Protocols such as CAN, I2C, SPI, Modbus, IDCNet.
- Expert in design and development of low level drivers, boot loaders and firmware applications.
- Expert in working from scratch development on New Products (NPI s)
- Well versed in Tools for Product Life Cycle Version Control - Git, MKS, Clear case, CVS, Mercury Tortoise Defect Trackers such as Clear Quest, JIRA.
- Successfully implemented and drove projects with Quality in areas of SEI CMMI Level 4, ISO 13485 for .
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Embedded C
- Low level driver development
- Boot loader development
- Board bring up
- Embedded/ Firmware application development
- Board Diagnostics
- Post Silicon Validation
- Project Co ordination
- Version Control
- BDI 3000, XDS 200, PE Micro
- Lauterbach Debugger for MPC5500 series Free Scale controller
- HITOP Green hills for XC2264
- NEC (CA bit Cross compiler & Debugging Environment)
- Hitachi H8/300L series
- KEIL (MCS - 51), MPASM, MPLAB (PIC)
Languages : C and C++
Microcontrollers: ARM 7 / ARM 9 / ARM11, 32 bit Cortex M3 NXP LPC178x and SiLabs SiM3C1xx series, Power PC Core Free scale MPC bit controller, MPC5748G, TMS570LS0714, NEC 32 bit - V850 series, XC2264 - Infineon - 16 bit
Low Level Driver Development: CAN, Flash, RS 232, SPI, I2C, LCD, ADC, RTC, Timers, LCD, RS485
Boot loaders: MPC5748G, ARM7 (STR710Z) and ARM9 (AT91SAM92643)
Protocols: I2C, SPI, CAN, MODBUS, IDCNet, PSEM (ANSI Standard Protocol), USB
Other Chip Interfaces: Video chip (TW8811), EEPROM (Atmel, Microchip), ADE 7759, RTC, Voice Chip
Standards Implemented: ISO 26262, ISO 13485
Diagnostic Tools used: CANDela and CANGeny, Use of CANALYZER, Vehicle SPY.
Embedded Tools: Experience in using Debuggers and In Circuit Emulators (ICE)
Confidential, Gardena, CA
Sr. Firmware Engineer
- Estimation Body Gateway ECU: Boot loader development and Bug fixes
- Support for Vehicle Update Manager (VUM) software.
- Low level driver development support for ECUs
- Vehicle testing/diagnosis support for Body Control ECUs
- Module owner and Managing releases until vehicle testing
- Low Level Driver development for Thermal Control ECUs
- Test SW development for Thermal control ECUs
- Code reviews
- Bug fixing and tracking of issues in JIRA for Body Gateway ECU
Sr. Technical Lead
- Requirement Analysis of Analog CAN Gauge Diagnostic project
- Estimation for the development and testing of this project
- Developed the diagnostic code using CANDELA & CANGENY for Instrument Cluster with adherence to ISO 14229 UDS standard.
- Architected the Bluetooth communication -application layer development and its integration for the Electric Bike IC project.
- Trained remote client on usage of CANDela and CANGeny tools for diagnostics development
- Brought up CANTATA testing team
- Resourcing and technical support for this account
Sr. Technical Lead
- Estimation and Scheduling of boot loader for Fuel Pump Controller and Change management implementation of Trailer Brake Power Modules
- Designed and supported the boot loader software development for Fuel Pump Controller Module project
- Guided and reviewed the change implementation activities for Trailer Brake Power Module.
- Architected the ISO 26262 automotive safety compliance for Coach Door Module project from BMW.
- Technical reviews and technical assistance to the team members
- Owner of multiple devices in the ASR9K line cards
- Designing and developing diagnostics for various FPGAs, ASICs and peripherals in ASR9k line card as well as post silicon validation
- Developing test cases and carrying out thorough testing including regression testing to avoid the failures due to dependency
Sr. Technical Lead
- Estimation and Scheduling for Automatic Drug Dispensing Device project
- Requirement Analysis of Automatic Drug Dispensing Device
- Firmware design and development for low level drivers and guiding other team members
- Firmware design and development for service layer modules and guiding other team members
- Code Review for all the drivers and service layers
- Guiding and reviewing test cases. Overlooking testing activities.
- Technical Assistance
- Driving quality activities, initiatives and quality standards for SEI CMM Level 4 and ISO13485 requirements
- Bug Assignment, fixing& tracking for closure
- Responsible for overall delivery of firmware and releases
- Estimation and scheduling for Reach Truck dash board project
- Architecting this project
- Responsible for overall delivery of the software, test cases and test results
- Requirement Analysis
- Design and development of Reach Truck Display Unit Software driver layer, Service layer and Application layer.
- Porting of the software on Proprietary OS
- Review of all artifacts
- Bug reporting, Assignment, Fixing& Tracking for closure.
- Technical assistance
- Meeting quality goals and implementing SEI CMM Level 4 processes in the team
- Designed and developed boot loader for master and slave devices based on ATMEL ARM 9 platform
- Responsible for overall delivery of the software, test cases and test results.
- Accountable for status reporting, issue resolution, technical guidance, client communications, estimation and tasks planning and assignment