- Seven plus years of experience in the IT industry as a Development and Test engineer in Automated Testing and Manual Testing.
- Enthusiastic Software Test Engineer capable of owning and completing tasks within defined scope, budget, and deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze business needs and define optimal procedures.
- Experienced in mapping business user stories with test cases, Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) scenarios, and test scripts.
- Experienced in user story analysis and story points estimation, writing tests strategy, test planning, test scripting, test case design, peer reviews, and test case execution.
- Experience in Functional, DB, Web services, System, Smoke, Regression, Performance and Cross - browser testing.
- Experience in working with open source tools - Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC/Web Driver), Test NG, Java scripts, REST API, and Cucumber. Extensive knowledge in Geb Groovy automation .
- Expertise in selenium automation frameworks like Data-Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid frameworks. Managing build automation and its dependencies using tools like Apache Maven.
- Experience in using Web Debugging tools like FireBug, Fire Path, Chro Path, Postman and Object spy for finding element locator and analyzing the results, defects and reporting.
- Proficient in using SQL queries against Oracle DB, DB2, and MS SQL server to validate the reports and troubleshoot the data quality issues.
- Expertise in Test Management and bug life cycle using tools such as Quality Center and Jira.
- Experience working in Test-driven development, Agile methodology and waterfall SDLC.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with quest and zeal to learn the latest technologies and undertake challenging tasks to achieve business goals.
- Exposure to offshore - onsite coordination and admirable working experience in different time zones, scrum meeting and status reporting.
Hardware Platform: Windows 7/XP/2000, Linux, Unix
Test Management Tools: HP ALM, Quality Centre, JIRA
Database: MySQL DB, Oracle DB, IBM DB2 and MS SQL DB
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Cypress, Cucumber, Test Ng, Report Ng, and Web Tracker, Appium, Node JS, Junit, Geb Groovy automation
Web/Mobile Debugging tools: Fire Path, Firebug, Chro Path, Object spy and Postman, API, Rest Assured
Web Languages: Java, HTML, CSS, XML, Java Script, SQL
DMS Tools: MS Office, Confluence wiki, Rational RequisitePro, SharePoint and Apache Maven java
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzing scrum epics and identify key application testing areas covering high-level requirements.
- Involving in sprint planning, refinement, retrospection, user story analysis, and story point estimation.
- Working in the Agile development environment, track and update user stories in Jira and update the team.
- Part of all the agile ceremonies from daily standups to a retrospective meeting.
- Created automated scripts using java selenium and executed them each night through an automated Jenkins pipeline.
- Expertise in developing test plans, test cases for Functional, UAT and Regression testing on multiple projects.
- Involved in identifying test cases, developing BBD files and designing automated scripts to execute scripts using selenium web driver.
- Support functional and Android Mobile testing when required.
- Data entry in Facet application for creating group, subscribers and family members.
- Validate Facet application including Pharmacy plan from one plan to others within a group and class combination.
- Conducting Regression, Integration, End-to-End, Functional, Cross Browser, User Acceptance testing and submitted Test Matrix.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Framework, Eclipse, XPath, Java scripts, Jira, Agile, Maven, BDD, HP QC, MySQL, Rest Assured, Manual Testing.
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in analyzing business requirements and developing test strategies for functional and regression testing.
- Identified test scenarios to automate and develop automated test scripts using cypress, selenium web driver and Java.
- Experienced in the agile scrum with an ability to achieve incremental business goals for every sprint.
- Created data-driven automated scripts for testing web services and testing a complex Web-based application with backend validation.
- Analyzed user stories and thoroughly understood acceptance criteria to develop test scenarios and test cases
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) mapping to test scenarios.
- Designed functional automated test scripts and executed them daily once the sprint was done, they were part of the main regressions.
- Developed a pipeline for automation smoke test each time a build is deployed automated smoke test execution.
- Expertise in tracking the defects in QC across various cycles of testing.
- Closely collaborated with development teams to validate defects and retest bug fixes.
- Used GIT repository for managing automation test code and Maven for build automation.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion, and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and columns.
- Prepared test reports and test execution documents with screenshots for User Acceptance testing.
Environment: Java, Java Script, REST API, Rest Assured, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, XPath, Jira, Test NG, Junit, Agile, Maven, MS Office.
Confidential - Denver, CO
Software Test Engineer
- Worked in the agile SDLC framework, participated in sprint planning and refinement sessions
- The updated team in daily standup and demoed each SPRINT deliverables.
- Involved in full life cycle testing in Windows, IOS and LINUX operating systems.
- Performed backend testing in SQL Server using SQL queries.
- Created test scripts in selenium and enhanced those scripts using Java API and Test NG.
- Involved in the design and implementation of the selenium web driver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Used node for templating for faster compilation and developing reusable components .
- Creating environment properties for the maven Project.
- Automated critical test scenarios checking broken links in any page that works for all sites using selenium
- Executed the test plans on the web and mobile application as per requirements using the Appium tool.
- Used Selenium Grid to execute parallel tests on multiple browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox & Safari
- Extensively used Selenium data-driven, XPath locator and web driver to test the web applications
- Manage defect process, analysis, assignments, and reports. Verified all bugs using HPALM, created feature files, Java scripts, and integration of HPALM.
- Supported continuous integration and continuous deployments with necessary validations.
- Provided test summary reports and weekly status reports to management.
Confidential - Minneapolis, MN
Software Test Engineer
- Tested both web and desktop E-commerce applications using selenium web driver and UFT.
- Generated test scripts with standard checkpoints, validation checkpoints and also Synchronization Points, writing SQL queries for backend testing. Performed database validation using SQL queries.
- Managing and monitoring service engines, and updating the state of SOA composite applications.
- Developed test scripts and function libraries using VBScripts. Executing the test scripts in UFT and ALM.
- Experienced well on sanity, back-end, front-end, functional, integration, regression, smoke, cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
- Designed and developed independent and reusable function libraries in selenium for projects from scratch.
- Enhanced existing Object-Oriented Automation Framework in UFT for Projects to incorporate new functionalities of an application
- Automated test cases for GUI, performed regression and functional testing using selenium web driver.
- Managed use cases in the JIRA, tracked defects and retested bugs.
- Formulated tests report and helped senior management and project leads before major releases.
- Developed and executed test cases using the UFT tool.
Environment: Selenium web driver, QTP/ UFT, XML, SQL, Jira, Waterfall.