- Have 2+ years of experience Working as a QA Analyst,Focusing on Web based application
- Strong knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Effective organizational and problem solving abilities verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Quick Test Professional features: Regular Expression, Synchronization points, Object Repository, and Checkpoint
- Good working experience in RDBMS including SQL Server and Oracle
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer programming languages:OOPS
- Excellent understanding of Test Methodologies and the overall Software Development Life Cycle (Agile model, Waterfall) from requirements to product release.
- Expertise in Manual/Automated Testing of Web based, Client/Server, Internet applications using a wide range of HP/Mercury tools including HP Quality center
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the full life - cycle test procedure and inherent verification and validation testing techniques including Installation, smoke, integration, functional, regression, sanity, build, crosses browser compatibility, user acceptance and database testing.
Languages: People Code, SQL, C&C++, Net
Database: Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2005
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista
Test management tool: HP Quality Center
Automation Tool: QTP 10.0
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in agile methodology.
- Attended daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review meeting to interact with project team members.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Clients to gather the business requirements.
- Documented QA process and activities from project Inception to Deployment and Maintenance.
- Converted manual test cases to automated test scripts using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Worked closely with the business analyst to perform UAT and was providing test scenarios and test data
- Used QC to create and follow up on defects in different builds.
- Extensively used SQL for data Integrity Testing at the backend. Performed Positive and Negative testing, Black Box testing and Functional testing of the application.
- Involved in testing the conversion of the application into web application using XML web services.
- Executed test cases manually in Quality center and automatically using QTP for functional, regression and integration testing.
- Conducted Smoke, System Testing, and GUI Testing during the releases and interacted with the developers to resolve any technical issues.
- Used Checkpoints in QTP to validate aspects of application.
- Executed SQL Queries to verify and validate database content and business logic.
- Conducted cross-browser GUI functionality testing for IE and Mozilla on multiple platforms.
- Interacted with the Project Manager and team to provide estimates for different phases in the projects.
- Created test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test scripts based on enhancing requirements and specifications.
- Analyzed and managed test cases using Quality Center
- Prepared and maintained reports and documentation.
- Responsible for Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify referential integrity in Back End Testing.
- Updated Project Manager and Development Lead on the progress and status of projects.
- Lead Status Meetings, Environment Update Meetings, and Project Walk-throughs.