15 years of success in testing performance, scalability, and durability of software applications in healthcare and telecommunicationsHP ASE - certified performance test engineer with repeated accomplishments ensuring delivery of robust technology solutions. Expertise in testing client/server, stand-alone, and web-based applications at various phases of Software Development Life Cycle. Certified instructor for multiple industry-leading performance testing and analysis tools and techniques. Equally capable of collaborating with cross-functional project teams or working independently to enhance performance and increase profitability. Articulate communicator, adept at explaining complex information in easily understandable language.
- Performance Test Strategy
- Training & Development
- Template Design
- Load Tests
- Risk Management
- Root Cause Analysis
- Non-functional Requirements (NFRs)
- Quality Assurance
Languages, Operating Systems, & Environments: C, VISUAL BASIC, HTML, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP/7/2008, MS-DOS, UNIX, Linux, Web, SAP, PeopleSoft, .NET, Perl, IBM M/F, Citrix, Java
Testing Tools: HP LoadRunner, HP Performance Center, HP ALM, JMeter, CLR Profiler, ANTS Performance/Memory Profiler, JetBrains Performance/Memory Profiler, JProfiler, JVisual, Eclipse Memory Analyzer, IBM Heap Analyzer, IBM GC Analyzer, HP SiteScope, HP Diagnostics, Process Explorer, Debug Diag, Strobe, New Relic, AppDynamics, Solar Wnds
Software & Servers: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Apache, IIS, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Apache TomEE
LoadRunner Protocols: Web Http, Web Services, Web Click & Script, TruClient, Siebel-Web, RTE, Citrix, SAP Web, PeopleSoft, Oracle 2 tier, RTE, Winsock
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Performance Test Engineer
- Create and implement performance test strategy, developing performance test plans modeled from production conditions.
- Designed and implemented Agile performance framework for planning, execution, and delivery of testing, developing project templates including test plans, reports, and coding standards.
- Installed, configured and maintained Dynatrace across performance/UAT/production environments including over 50 hosts in multiple data centers.
- Installed, configured and maintained AppDynamics and App Optics across performance/UAT/production environments for more than 18 hosts in multiple data centers.
- Executed weekly load tests on seven web portals and multiple applications to ensure no performance degradation.
- Created LoadRunner scripts using Vugen with manipulated complex parameters to emulate production user behaviors using protocols such as Web/Http, Web Click & Script, and Web Services.
- Diagnosed multiple bottlenecks including memory leaks, long running SQLs, blocked finalizers, CPU issues, and “problem” methods.
- Conducted performance tests for range of applications including Load, Capacity, Volume, Stress, and Failover.
Confidential, New York, NY
Lead Performance Test Engineer
- Developed performance test strategy, building performance test plans modeled from production conditions.
- Designed, implemented, and analyzed framework for enterprise performance testing, preparing best practices, standards, and policies.
- Prepared performance documentation templates for feasibility, intake, planning, analysis, entrance and exit criteria, and coding standards.
- Formulated workload estimates, ensuring accurate project costs.
- Collaborated with business analysts to develop non-functional requirements based on application profiles, including server and system service level agreement metrics.
- Deployed application performance management (APM) tools to cut down drill-down time for performance testing, saving many man hours.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Performance Center ALM 12, including two controllers and 12 hosts, across multiple data centers.
- Enhanced advanced analysis and drill-down capabilities, installing, configuring, and maintaining 200-point license for SiteScope 12.
- Created LoadRunner scripts using Vugen with manipulated complex parameters to emulate production user behaviors.
- Performed load tests on key components of network architecture, servers, and load balancers; leveraged load generators from multiple data centers to build real world scenarios.
- Executed baseline testing on existing architecture, comparing it to benchmark runs to guard against performance degradation.
- Conducted load testing on EDI BizTalk application using multiple x12 files sets to ensure full production coverage; diagnosed file suspensions and file processing bottlenecks in gateway.
- Completed root cause analysis and diagnosed performance-related issues across multiple application tiers related to Server/System, Application Front End, and Network Latency
- Recommended server optimization-based KPIs and prepared detailed analysis reports for key stakeholders.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Senior Performance Test Engineer/QA Analyst
- Developed test plans to model expected system production conditions.
- Created LoadRunner scripts to emulate production user behavior and executed load tests on key components of network architecture.
- Diagnosed and analyzed performance issues and bottlenecks, executing baseline runs to compare performance metrics.
- Served as Quality Assurance Lead on projects
- Built test cases with positive and negative scenarios.
- Installed and configured Performance Center 9.1 consisting of two controllers, 12 load generators, and three data processors.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Performance Tester/SQM Consultant/Instructor
- Spearheaded design and implementation of testing strategy, developing test plans modeling system production conditions.
- Conducted and analyzed performance tests of several system-critical applications, including SAP and e-Commerce applications.
- Prepared LoadRunner scripts, manipulating complex parameters to emulate real system user behavior.
- Monitored system performance using automated SLA and strategic system tracking, identifying bandwidth issues, memory leaks, and bottlenecks.
- Prepared reports and presented test results to key stakeholders.
- Facilitated hands-on training and best-practice sessions for automation tools with various platforms and environments, including HP Performance Center, LoadRunner, and SiteScope.