- 17+ years of software industry experience with 5+ years in DevOps managerial capacity, where I implemented CI/CD pipeline decreasing cost, was innovative in creating processes around DevOps to cater quicker code delivery.
- Created self - service support system to improve cross-functional teams' efficiency using Jira and inbuilt tools.
- Used Scaled Agile Framework best practices and executed Installer software feature testing efforts.
- Was instrumental in managing automated deployments in multiple internal Cloud Labs hosting 200+ sites (in both windows & Linux environments).
- Have hands-on troubleshooting skills in Installer & functional related issues which uses various technologies (Jasper Reporting, Solr, Zookeeper, IIS web, Scheduling services, Redis, Rabbitmq, Kafka, Mongo, mysql, MSSQL).
- 12 years of extensive experience in managing Software Quality Assurance teams across the globe.
- Established Quality improvements reducing costs and incorporated processes to improve teams' efficiency.
- Technical /hands-on expertise in manual and automated testing of web applications, databases, data warehouse applications, client-server, desktop, network, security, 508, cloud and performance testing.
OS: Windows, Linux, Centos
Web Servers: IIS, Apache tomcat, weblogic
Databases & No SQL: SQL, mysql, Oracle, Mongo
Cloud platform: Basic exposure to AWS & Azure
Debugging tools: Fiddler, Ethereal, perfmon, winshark, SQL Profiler
Test Management: qTest, Quality Center, Selenium, SoapUI web services
Defect Management: JIRA, Bugzilla
Source Control: SVN, TFS & Git
DevOps tools: Jenkins, Vagrant
Programming & Markup Languages: C, C#, .Net, HTML, DHTML, XML, XSLT
Configuration & Orchestration tool: Basic exposure to ansible & salt, VMware Realization application/orchestrator
Project Management Tools: MS-Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, MS-ProjectEXPERIENCE:
Senior DevOps Manager
Confidential, Gainesville, FL
- Spearheaded Automated Monitoring of Servers and application services that helped to manage 100% uptime for 200+ sites (for presales revenue generation & ongoing engineering releases)
- Instrumental in reducing Deployment time by 40% from 5 to 3 hours thereby saving one staff member.
- Achieved Companywide Outstanding Contributor for year 2017 for contributions in DevOps
- Implemented CI/CD (Continuous Deployment) using Jenkins, NAnt, powershell & C# applications decreasing the time to deliver deployments for Engineering team.
- Orchestrated Automated Deployments in around 150 odd servers and have hands-on experience in vmware, VRA/VRO, Windows & Linux OS, netscalar Load balancer, AWS DNS Routing, Mongo DB, MSSQL, mysql, Linux admin, Jenkins and powershell.
- Engineered Innovate processes to improve teams' efficiency - created helpdesk ticketing system in Jira to provide deployment support to various teams (Dev, QA, Sales, Partners, PS, PMs) and crafted SLA’s for P0, P1 and P2 issues. Created Inventory project in Jira to maintain 200+ site details.
- Constructed self-service automated tool to decrease teams' deployment support time by 25%.
- Planning & Estimation expertise in features. Created strategies for Installer testing & delegated to the team. Managed Release management for Product Releases. Instrumental in setting policies & strategies to create DevOps processes. Troubleshooted production issues with Cloud Ops & Premised deployments.
- Hands-on experience in writing scripts in powershell & batch to automate deployments
- Created Deployment schedules & provided Technical support on daily deployments to Engineering team
- Administered automatic backups, schedule tasks, automatic jobs in Cloud Labs. Worked with monitoring apps like Prometheus & Grafana
- Presented DevOps life cycle processes to Customers in audits
Senior QA Manager
Confidential, Gainesville, FL
- Spearheaded Quality Assurance of multiple products - Enterprise Portal, elixHR & Talent Management, over several versions
- Played pivotal role in streamlining, consolidating & unifying processes across multiple teams that came together as part of several acquisitions. Administered several projects & discussions related to product integrations to implement a full-fledged product suite capability
- Developed Automation driven approach in the QA organization through automating test scenarios using internal automation tool & selenium. Decreased test time by 30% through this.
- Established several key QA centric SOPs to unify & streamline processes across multiple QA teams. Ensured that processes exist to enable and not burden the teams
- Key player in migration of test cases & test case execution results from word and excel into a test management system - Quality Center and then Qtest
- Coordinated Agile Transformation in the QA organization. Scheduled s for different groups of Engineering (Dev, PM, PMO, Ux, Doc) to improve the process and quality
- Was Innovate in creating “Integration Portal Discussion email alias” where QA team is responsible to answer any feature related questions from PS, consultants, support & sales
- Established continuous RCA process for customer issues & improved test suite, catching defects upfront
- Responsible for creating test plans, resource estimates, test strategies, strategical testcase development managing 2 teams with size of 7+ in each team
- Have experience over personnel actions such as supervision, review, delegation of work, interviewing, hiring, performance reviews of supervised personnel & compensation reviews
- Strength in Career development. Mentored, educated & motivated team members.
- Created a project to monitor and streamline the defect management process across the company
- Implemented Traceability matrix process to support pharma audits & represented QA organization in Customer Quality Audits