- Over 5 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle with an emphasis in Quality Assurance and Software Testing on Web - based Applications.
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer (GCEAD).
- Experience in Software Testing using Manual and Automation Testing of Web-based applications in Agile Scrum and Waterfall environments.
- Solid Experience in the Finance and Banking industries.
- Strong Experience in designing and analyzing Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases and RTMs.
- Experienced in Test Automation frameworks design and architecture such as Behavior Driven Development, Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid Framework in Unified Functional Testing and Selenium WebDrivers.
- Strong knowledge in developing tests scripts using Java, SQL, and VBScript languages.
- Performed Automation testing in different layers of Web-based applications such as Front-end, Web Services/API, and Back-end tests.
- Experienced in Automation Testing using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and UFT/QTP with VBScript.
- Ability with Java, Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, Gherkin, Cucumber, Git, Maven.
- Ability with UFT, HP ALM, AOM, COM Objects, Object Repositories, Function Libraries.
- Proficient in Back-end Testing, executed complex SQL queries for testing data integrity and database validation with UFT ADODB, and Java JDBC in Oracle SQL Server.
- Proficient in Web Services/API Testing using Postman and UFT Web Services suite.
- Strong Technical ability to code in VBScript and Java to validate Text, Excel and XML data files for large datasets via Selenium/UFT Automation Scripts.
- Performed multi-browsing testing for both UFT and Selenium WebDriver environments.
- Experienced with Selenium IDE and Fire Bug to perform testing in Firefox browser.
- Extensive experience in locating different web-elements by using different techniques such as ID, Name, Class, Tag Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, and CSS locators.
- Experienced with executing test cases, Logging Defects, Retesting Defect and Closing Defect using HP ALM and JIRA.
- Ability to stablish trust and relationship with different members across the team to achieve required goals set by the requirements.
- Cross functional team member who is always ready to act in a fast-paced IT environment.
- Excellent communicator, team player, who meets project deadlines on time.
Engineer Software Quality Assurance
- Created and implemented automation framework from scratch using Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber BDD and Maven combination.
- Used TestNG for creating Test Suites and running parallel tests.
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment, implementing end-to-end applications test automation solution working through full SDLC. Analyzed the User Stories and provided inputs for clear Acceptance Criteria to ensure Testability of User Stories.
- Actively took part in Daily stand ups meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint retrospective and Sprint reviews.
- Used external Excel files with Apache POI to validate Database data with JDBC.
- Configured Maven for Java automation projects.
- Created SQL queries, connected to database and generated test reports.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Management in JIRA.
- Implemented Jenkins jobs to designed to run the Regression test suite and Smoke tests in Development and test environments and generate reports.
- Implemented multi browser testing to ensure cross browser compatibility.
- Created TestNG and Jenkins reports and submitted them to the management.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities
- Updated test procedures as functionality changed during testing cycle, prepared test cases for newfunctional modules.
- Analyzed test results and tracked software defects, recorded, documented and reported defects.
QA Automation Engineer
- Maintained and contributed to a Behavior Driven Development framework using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, JUnit, Java, Maven tools.
- Utilized Page Object Model technique to improve the time efficiency of test scripts.
- Maintained pom.xml file with dependencies and plug-ins in Maven project.
- Enhanced data coverage by utilizing multiple data input with Apache POI and Scenario Outlines.
- Executed SQL queries to verify and validate information in Database tables using Java, JDBC API in Oracle Database.
- Performed Automation on the front-end with Selenium WebDriver and Java language.
- Utilized Soft Assertions and Hard Assertions to perform validations and verifications.
- Hands on experience with feature files in Gherkin format for a BDD framework using Cucumber tool.
- Created daily smoke tests by using Jenkins CI/CD tool to verify main components of the application were stable for testing.
- Applied Git & GitHub as source repository in Jenkins for a continuous integration.
- Supported functional testing on demand basis to meet the testing deadlines.
- Participated in meetings with PO, BA and developers to discuss requirements, reviews, testing and other documentations for the developing application.
- Work closely with QA Lead, developers and BA and prepared a test strategy and procedures to test the application, bug fixes, debugs, and code developments.
- Worked in Agile Scrum environment, attended Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Grooming meetings.
- Demonstrated test automation demos for new functionalities at the end of the sprints in Sprint Demo.
- Responsible for conducting test case design and test execution summary.
- Provided manual testing help whenever it is needed as cross-functional team member.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Developed and transitioned from a Keyword-Driven Framework to a Hybrid Framework in UFT environment.
- Implemented “user defined” and “built-in” Environment variables as data parameters in a UFT Hybrid Automation Framework .
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing Generic and Application-based functions in UFT Function Library.
- Developed and designed Control File and Driver Script built for UFT , which dictated the flow of the Regression test.
- Extensively involved with Regression , Functional , Smoke , Ad-hoc testing.
- Experienced using Error handling techniques in VBScript such as “On Error Resume” syntax, Recovery Scenarios , and Exist Test statements.
- Extensively applied robust techniques for automation testing such as DOM , XPath, Fire event, and sendKeys.
- Implemented Regular Expression Pattern, checkpoints and conditional loops to enhance the performance of automation scripts.
- Mentored Functional testers by teaching basic concepts of UFT by applying Object Repository and Record/Playback .
- Helped Functional testers with designing and developing Test Scripts by applying descriptive language in UFT .
- Experienced with a complete defect life cycle using defect tracking tools such as Jira .
- Collaborative and contributing team member in a fast-paced Agile Scrum Environment.