- Strong working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and QA processes: analyze test requirements, define and execute acceptance/functional test cases, define test data based on requirements, planning testing processes, analyzing and reporting issues/discrepancies, generate daily/weekly summary results for QA Lead/QA Manager and participate in company wiki site.
- Results - driven Software QA Engineer with solid knowledge and extensive expertise in front end/back end software testing methodologies and approaches.
- Experience with social media, eCommerce web applications and medical client/server system.
- Well versed in GUI standards and usability testing for web applications.
- Experience in performance of Acceptance Test, Positive and Negative, Boundary Value Analysis, Functional, Integration, Regression, and Cross-Platform/Cross-Browser Testing.
- Strong expertise in analyze test requirements and identified potential logical or application business scenario issues.
- Experience in Relational databases including Oracle and SQL Server.
- Expertise in writing complex queries to perform database testing.
- Extensive experience in using bug tracking systems like Jira, and Bugzilla during entire testing phase.
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile development models.
- Proven skills in writing test plan, test cases, check points, users stories (set of test cases representing end-to-end business process).
- Creative thinker in approach to work-related challenges and formulation of plans/decisions.
- Results-oriented professional who communicates effectively with management and peers to locate and resolve issues.
- Excellent at multitasking and working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Fast learner and enjoys learning new tools and technologies.
Operating systems: Windows 7/Vista/XP, MAC OS X.
Mobile Platforms: Windows Mobile, iPhone OS, Android OS (currently learning).
Networking: FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Internet, Intranet.
Databases and tools: Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL developer, TOAD.
Bug Tracking: Jira, Rally, Bugzilla, HQPC.
Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
Software/Tools: Firebug, SharePoint, SnagIt, HttpWatch, TextPadLTFViewer, Ransack, mTail, WinDiff, WinRAR.
Utilities: WebEx, Yahoo Messenger, Skype.
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Involve actively in creation and execution of test scenarios and test cases and participate in analyzing software requirement specifications.
- Work in the agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and feature set.
- Responsible for smoke, functional, regression, ad hock, database, and multibrowser testing.
- Involve in creation of detailed test plans and test cases for different modules in the application according to the functional requirement documentation.
- Review and analyze requirement documents, specifications and design documents for completeness and testability.
- Involve in all areas bug management: reporting bugs, tracking bug status, set up environment for reproducing, regressing and verifying the fixed bug and closing the fixed and verified bug, preparing different types of bug status report for daily/weekly meetings.
- Participate in company’s wiki site.
- Performed database validation using complex SQL queries.
- Communicate effectively with agile functional team on issues related to UI, new test case development, bug closing, regressions, etc.
Environment: Oracle, Toad, HTTP/HTTPS, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome. HTTPWatch, Firebug, TextPad, XML, Sharepoint, Jira.
Software QA Engineer
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Participated in functionality, usability, regression, build acceptance, and multibrowser testing.
- Tested following features and functional areas of the application such as Playing Movies, New Customer Registration, Customer Collaboration, Subscription, Localization, Globalization, Shopping Cart, Search, and on demand Smart Engine and Rating Engine.
- Reviewed and analyzed technical documentation, product requirement document, and functional specifications and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Mentored one college intern executing regression test.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track requirements during the QA Testing Phase.
- Used Quality Center to log, manage, and track defects.
- Extensively used of SQL queries to perform data integrity testing and for Data Validation.
- Defined test data for functional and upgrade test as well as validated data after version-to-version upgrade was completed.
- Recommended multiple new product features and enhancements to the current functionalities.
- Involved in customer related issues.
- Provided the management with metrics, reports, and schedules..
Environment: .NET Framework 3.0, IIS 6, SQL Server 2005, SQL, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, TextPad, HTTPWatch, Firebug, Bugzilla.
User Acceptance Tester
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Played a key role in creating documentation and technical guides for end users.
- Defined and developed test cases for Acceptance Test, ensured all issues were tracked and reported to implementation teams.
- Upgraded existing functional test cases based on current functionalities.
- Participated in functional and user acceptance testing (UAT) of the CoPath Plus and HealthConnect application.
- Provided QA Lead with daily/weekly reports.