- Highly skilled, determined and motivated Software Test Automation Engineer with over 5 years of diversified experience in Manual and with prominence on Automation Testing of web - based applications.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios in DDT (Data Driven Testing), BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) with Cucumber and Hybrid Automation Frameworks by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing and implementing Page Object Model pattern based automation testing framework utilizing JAVA, Maven, Selenium Web Driver, JUnit, and Cucumber from scratch.
- Performed Unit, end to end, functional and integration testing using TestNG.
- Worked with TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Broad experience in Data-Driven Testing and interpreting the test information from Excel spreadsheets using Apache POI in TestNG using Data provider along with with Cucumber using Scenario Outline.
- Extensive experience in executing test plans, test scenarios and QA methodology, Quality standards, Procedures, Test strategy, Test Plan, Test execution, Traceability matrix based on business requirements.
- Strong practical knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept in JAVA.
- In depth experience in functional Software Testing techniques such as Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing, API Testing, Integration Testing, Positive-Negative Testing Ad-hoc Testing, Cross Browser/ Cross Platform Testing and Black Box Testing.
- Considerable expertise in RESTful API and used HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data using POSTMAN . Experienced in automating API’s using Java’s REST Assured libraries using JUnit & Hamcrest Assertions alongside with Deserialization.
- Extensively worked on backend; data warehousing and decision support systems with Relational Database Management System’s such as Oracle and MySQL.
- Utilized automation of Database testing in framework using SQL Queries and with the help of JDBC library.
- Proficient using Git as a distributed version control system and GitHub as a remote repository.
- Scheduled jobs in CICD tool Jenkins for automating the build and deploy processes Integration for automating the build and deploy processes allowing significant increase in test automation.
- Experience in Defect Lifecycle using project management tools such as Jira and HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Cooperated closely with developers, teammates, team lead and client, for project related discussions.
- Committed team player and capable of daily interaction with development team, BA’s, stakeholders, and company management in strategizing, reporting and task scheduling.
- Possesses excellent communication, documentation and organization skills with the ability to adapt to a new environment & meet stringent deadlines.
METHODOLOGIES: Agile (Scrum)
TESTING TOOLS: Selenium WebDriver
FRAMEWORKS: Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Page Object Model (POM), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Data Driven Development (DDD) Test Driven (TDD)
TEST MANAGEMENT: Jira, HP ALM/ Quality Center
BUILD TOOL: Maven, Gradle
API: RESTful API, POSTMAN, REST Assured
DATABASES: Oracle, MySQL, JDBC
DEPLOYMENT: Git, GitHub, SVN, Heroku
CI TOOLS: Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab
OS: Windows, Mac OS
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ
CERTIFICATIONS: JAVA 8 OCA, SERIES 6, 67
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Responsible for enhancing the design of the Hybrid Framework using Page Object Model with the help of Cucumber and Maven archetypes. Leading to efficient, code redundant, navigable and easily maintainable Framework that is used throughout the entire project.
- Added negative and positive Scenarios in features files, Step Definitions using Gherkin language to achieve Behavior Driven Development Framework (BDD).
- Examined the test results of the automated test scenarios, generated Cucumber HTML report that included screenshots of each failed scenarios and logged defects in Jira.
- As one of the senior and leading member of the team; attended Sprint Planning meetings to provide estimated level of effort and attended Sprint Retrospective meetings to discuss and provide feedback to the team to improve team productivity. Raised concerns, provided suggestions and feedbacks whenever necessary in the Sprint.
- Collaborated with Test Lead to update and develop Test Plan and Requirements Documents.
- Developed and executed database testing using advanced SQL queries manually through MySQL.
- Performed back-end testing by writing and executing queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Wrote wide-ranging test cases to provision the end to end functionality testing of the application and collected the test data.
- Partnered with the Business and UAT team to analyze validation scenarios for the User Acceptance Testing stage and deployed all the test cases into UAT environment.
- Effectively used HTTP requests with Postman and RESTFul API to GET PUT POST and Delete. Binding automation knowledge with API’s; created corresponding common elements, functions, step definitions and feature files with the help of Rest Assured library to automate API’s.
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Involved in whole Software Development Life Cycle process of the application by doing GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration, and System testing.
- Attended Sprint Planning meetings to provide estimated level of effort and attended Sprint Retrospective meetings to discuss and provide feedback to the team to improve team productivity. Raised concerns, provided suggestions and feedbacks whenever necessary in the Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Implemented TestNG/ J-UNIT automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application are working and also implemented Regression Test to detect defects after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios and Defect Reports, and attended Weekly status meetings, walkthrough meetings, QA meetings, and Bug Review Meetings.
- Re-executed the Tests for the corresponding volumes and made sure that the parameters are within the acceptable limits after the fixes are done by the environment support team.
- Created test cases and performed Database testing using SQL queries to check whether the data is being migrated properly.
- Initiated the API automation in the framework by using the manual HTTP calls and binding it with Rest Assured, introducing the JSON format to the development team.
- Key role in logging defects using a bug tracking tool and communicate the defect status updates to the responsible analysis and implementation teams to help isolate, debug and resolve issues/bugs using Jira.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzed Software and Business Requirements to get a better understanding of the Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation system from technical and business perspectives.
- Involved in Agile Ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Grooming, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective meeting.
- Manage Defect life cycle using defect-tracking tool HP ALM by identifying, analyzing defects.
- Developed manual API Tests for the RESTful Web Service using SOAP UI
- Worked on API testing for manipulation of various file formats upon the Office XML.
- Executed manual test cases, re-tested defects and reviewed results of all tests
- Performed smoke, functional, and regression testing manually.